Warning – very high ultraviolet

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Warning – very high ultraviolet

Post by Devil »

My weather forecast predicts "Extreme" levels of ultraviolet over at least the next five days. Be very careful if you expose yourself to the sunlight, especially between 10:00 and 15:00.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Warning – very high ultraviolet

Post by Devil »

As it's cloudy here, at this time, maybe I should have said that thin cloud hardly attenuates the UV and you can bronze/burn just as badly as if there were no clouds.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:32 pm Devil, I think most of us on Paphos Life have live here long enough to understand how the sun works in June, July, August and September. I don't need someone to remind me.
If I can save just one or two people from scorching themselves into hospital, member or not (which is totally irrelevant). Are you so selfish that you think you are the only person who needs reminding?
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:32 pm Devil, I think most of us on Paphos Life have live here long enough to understand how the sun works in June, July, August and September. I don't need someone to remind me.
If I can save just one or two people from scorching themselves into hospital, member or not (which is totally irrelevant). Are you so selfish that you think you are the only person who needs reminding, especially when there are exceptional conditions as now?
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

'Forewarned is forearmed'
Last edited by galexinda on Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

When rain showers are imminent you'll be telling us to take a brolly with us, just like forecasters in the UK do.
Then why not just say nothing and move on?

Ian
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

HIC you might not need someone to preempt you but I am sure there are others who welcome a reminder or to be fore warned
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

thanks, everyone, for your comments and approval. Occasionally, particularly when I measure weather phenomena , I feel that your opinions mean a lot to me. Today's concern is about dust and I am posing the question to myself whether the brilliance of the sun yesterday may be a partial root cause of the dust. see Dust storm
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

If you see people walking around like a cooked/boiled lobster a warning is absolutely necessary.
Louise :)
kansas

Post by kansas »

Thanks for posting Devil. Will increase the sun tan factor, and cut down the time outside in the sun.