Easy jet

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Firefly

Re: Easy jet

Post by Firefly »

It's no use carrying on with lockdown. The ones who continue to ignore it, and always have done, will continue to do so. My friend who lives in town in athe North West, lives opposite a foreign family, the parents are health professionals themselves, in a minor capacity, she tells me that they have never gone into lockdown, having parties at the weekend for their friends and family, then going off for the weekend themselves from time to time.

We, the ones who have obeyed the rules are paying the price for the likes of them, once we are double vaccinated, it should be up to us to move around freely, but with continued hygiene precautions.

The spread of the Indian variant could have been controlled, but only if those who were at risk were prepared to obey the rules.
Last edited by Firefly on Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
lotus

Post by lotus »

Well said Firefly,it's a total farce over there,the government should take most of the blame,but if people can't behave what can they do?,surely it should be top priority to control these people flouting the rules and if they continue ship the bu..ears home,I have said before vaccinations should be law,but there must be thousands of illegals in the country,get the army in and round them all up,as you said the people who have conformed with their vaccinations are paying the price now with further lockdowns,there must be thousands of military folks who can't excactly be busy at the moment,draft them in to at least help the police patrolling towns and cities looking for people not conforming with covid rules
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Lotus

I agree with your sentiments, that said, can you imagine the outcry if this was done, more riots and protests. Mob rule rules sadly.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
lotus

Post by lotus »

I know what you mean,just having a rant!,but uk just seems to be stumbling from one block to another,most of us have loved ones over there and I for one fear for their safety because of the bloody idiots there supposedly in control,I know people have had enough of covid,we all have,but for Gods sake they need to get a grip!
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Lotus

Quite so, but it seems that they won't/can't.

Boris was voted in to bring about Brexit, and he did. However it doesn't necessarily follow that he can handle every situation that hits the UK. I vote Conservative, however unlike some who support a certain party warts and all, and can see no fault in them, I can see that unwise decisions were made. Now we are paying the price.
lotus

Post by lotus »

I to am conservative ,always have been,agree he brought about Brexit but it seems he cannot handle anything else,it just seems one calamity after another,none of the other parties are any good either! Oh well!
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Firefly wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:57 am It's no use carrying on with lockdown. The ones who continue to ignore it, and always have done, will continue to do so. My friend who lives in town in athe North West, lives opposite a foreign family, the parents are health professionals themselves, in a minor capacity, she tells me that they have never gone into lockdown, having parties at the weekend for their friends and family, then going off for the weekend themselves from time to time.

We, the ones who have obeyed the rules are paying the price for the likes of them, once we are double vaccinated, it should be up to us to move around freely, but with continued hygiene precautions.

The spread of the Indian variant could have been controlled, but only if those who were at risk were prepared to obey the rules.
Welcome to 1950’s Britain, keep Johnny Foreigner out at all costs
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

lotus wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:18 am Well said Firefly,it's a total farce over there,the government should take most of the blame,but if people can't behave what can they do?,surely it should be top priority to control these people flouting the rules and if they continue ship the bu..ears home,I have said before vaccinations should be law,but there must be thousands of illegals in the country,get the army in and round them all up,as you said the people who have conformed with their vaccinations are paying the price now with further lockdowns,there must be thousands of military folks who can't excactly be busy at the moment,draft them in to at least help the police patrolling towns and cities looking for people not conforming with covid rules
Such an inclusive post, I’m glad that the Cypriot community don’t have the same feelings about us Johnny foreigners living in their country
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

There you go, you can't tell the simple truth anymore, we must tip toe around anything and everything.

Welcome to 2021 the year of the 'let's take offence at everything' brigade.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Sadie wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:39 pm
lotus wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:18 am Well said Firefly,it's a total farce over there,the government should take most of the blame,but if people can't behave what can they do?,surely it should be top priority to control these people flouting the rules and if they continue ship the bu..ears home,I have said before vaccinations should be law,but there must be thousands of illegals in the country,get the army in and round them all up,as you said the people who have conformed with their vaccinations are paying the price now with further lockdowns,there must be thousands of military folks who can't excactly be busy at the moment,draft them in to at least help the police patrolling towns and cities looking for people not conforming with covid rules
Such an inclusive post, I’m glad that the Cypriot community don’t have the same feelings about us Johnny foreigners living in their country

Im sure she checked their passports first to make sure they were 100% foreigners, before posting?
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

As people who reside in Cyprus, do you, or do you not, obey the rules and laws laid down by the Cypriot Government, and if you don't, what happens to you as a foreigner in Cyprus ?

I do not know, as I obeyed their laws, and quite frankly, I wouldn't want to find out.

If Johnny foreigners obeyed our laws and rules, we may not be in the situation we are today. But not all do, and by their actions, put our lives on the line. Now you can 'like it or lump it', but that is the truth.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Johnny foreigners ????, Breaking news, its not 1950 any more, :roll:
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

My mum has been having treatment for a strangulated retina at our Local hospital since the end of February.

Some weeks she's had up to 2 and 3 appointments whilst we get some kind of footing for the way forward. She's lost her sight in one eye and now it's all about keeping her eye healthy, otherwise it will have to be removed.

Each time, she sees 3 doctors plus a nurse who does an obligatory eye test.

All of the doctors are "Johnny Foreigners" as so eloquently described.

Thank you for those Johnny Foreigners for turning up for work throughout this pandemic and also for their phone calls to my mobile out of normal office hours to personally check on my 80yr old mum's welfare.

It's time people faced reality.

Our government is to blame for the mess in UK for thinking of their pockets and not the welfare of its people.

Look outside of your four walls and insulated lives and you will see it's happening the world over. There will be miscreants in all walks of life, who won't obey rules.

Hundreds of them today seen on UK news celebrating a football game. No masks, hugging and kissing, no social distancing. Johnny Foreigners? No!

Malta, thousands of people celebration of a local fiesta.
All Johnny Foreigners?
No! Not unless you think that because they're not the same nationality as you!

Perhaps Cyprus should be rethinking who they let in or to remain.

No bloody wonder I prefer the company of Johnny Foreigners to the bigoted Brits who spout bile.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
WHL

Post by WHL »

PhotoLady wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:47 am My mum has been having treatment for a strangulated retina at our Local hospital since the end of February.

Some weeks she's had up to 2 and 3 appointments whilst we get some kind of footing for the way forward. She's lost her sight in one eye and now it's all about keeping her eye healthy, otherwise it will have to be removed.

Each time, she sees 3 doctors plus a nurse who does an obligatory eye test.

All of the doctors are "Johnny Foreigners" as so eloquently described.

Thank you for those Johnny Foreigners for turning up for work throughout this pandemic and also for their phone calls to my mobile out of normal office hours to personally check on my 80yr old mum's welfare.

It's time people faced reality.

Our government is to blame for the mess in UK for thinking of their pockets and not the welfare of its people.

Look outside of your four walls and insulated lives and you will see it's happening the world over. There will be miscreants in all walks of life, who won't obey rules.

Hundreds of them today seen on UK news celebrating a football game. No masks, hugging and kissing, no social distancing. Johnny Foreigners? No!

Malta, thousands of people celebration of a local fiesta.
All Johnny Foreigners?
No! Not unless you think that because they're not the same nationality as you!

Perhaps Cyprus should be rethinking who they let in or to remain.

No bloody wonder I prefer the company of Johnny Foreigners to the bigoted Brits who spout bile.
Thank you for posting, exactly what many of us are thinking,
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Firefly wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:43 pm There you go, you can't tell the simple truth anymore, we must tip toe around anything and everything.

Welcome to 2021 the year of the 'let's take offence at everything' brigade.
If you mean racism, then yes I find it offensive
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

WHL

Yes, Sadie shouldn't have called them Johnny foreigners.

Sadie

I am not racist, I have black friends who are very dear to me, who have worked in the UK since the 1960s. I am not talking that generation. We have people of all races who live according to our laws and rules, we have those too, who do not. I would condemn anyone abusing our laws, no matter what colour or creed they are.

I have only posted the comment from a friend who lives in a hot spot area in the North West. Now you may or may not like it, but that does not alter the facts.
lotus

Post by lotus »

I don't think anybody is being intensionaly racist,there is good and bad in all races,but Firefly is right when nowadays you dare not open your mouth to air your views without causing offence to somebody be they white,black,gay etc,
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Firefly wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:25 pm Lotus

Quite so, but it seems that they won't/can't.

Boris was voted in to bring about Brexit, and he did. However it doesn't necessarily follow that he can handle every situation that hits the UK. I vote Conservative, however unlike some who support a certain party warts and all, and can see no fault in them, I can see that unwise decisions were made. Now we are paying the price.
Now Brexit is done will you vote him in again? after the Covid fiasco where at first he made mistakes that cost lives but then continued making the same mistakes over and over again
He and his party have 150,000 deaths on their hands but people who support conservative will continue to vote for them regardless
David
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

David

I will decide who I vote for, when the time comes to vote. Things may well change before then.

You also have Labour supporters who will always vote Labour, regardless of the decisions they have made, or who is standing. So what's your point ?

Which party do you vote for as a matter of interest ?

Jackie
ast

Post by ast »

Massive majority no credible opposition in sight, I think your going to see another Conservative government next time around, who the leader will be is another question. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !