Easy jet

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Firefly

Re: Easy jet

Post by Firefly »

LB

Thank you for the heads up, but I'm having to leave home at 3 a.m. So don't think I would be able to.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

I fear gone are the days for “convenient “ air travel ( certainly for a while at least)
I realise a lot of folk want to return to UK, and similarly folk want to get here, but it seems for now the only reliable route is via BA and then travel on to where you really need to be by whatever means possible.
My parents were due to fly with jet2 in March from PFO into STN, but had to travel BA LCA into LHR and have someone collect them from there to get to their new home in Cambridgeshire.
My mum is disabled following a severe stroke and in a wheelchair and my Dad is elderly and in poor health and they managed, I guess it’s how urgent you want to be where you want to be
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

If EJ cancel my flight again, I will never fly with them.

The more people who adopt this stance, the more they will realise the damage they have done to themselves.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
lotus

Post by lotus »

Yes Jackie I agree with you,what annoys me they know the score and have better inside info than we have,if only they were upfront and honest with their customers instead of people booking flights in good faith with them and then having them cancelled,Jet 2 although not quite so bad are the same,I suppose it's all money for them and greed and bu..er the customers!!,good luck and I hope you see you're family
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

EU countries agree to free travel for fully vaccinated tourists within bloc

European Union countries agreed on Friday to an easing of travel restrictions over summer that will allow fully vaccinated tourists to avoid tests or quarantines and broaden the list of EU regions from which it is safe to travel.

Ambassadors from the 27 EU member states approved a modified European Commission proposal that people who have been fully vaccinated for 14 days should be able to travel freely from one EU country to another, current EU president Portugal said.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/06/11/eu-c ... thin-bloc/
David
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Uncle D

Yes the irony of it all.

All the leaders who have flown into the UK for this summit, are, without exception, from countries in the UK Amber category.

Non have been required to quarantine, I doubt very much that they will be required to be Covid tested whilst here, (I have no proof of that).
It seems to me that if you are attending the G7, you have automatic immunity from carrying, developing or spreading the infection. Odd that.

One rule for one etc.
WHL

Post by WHL »

The majority of air lines have been canceling flights, not only EJ
memory man

Post by memory man »

Who are the "majority?"

Name names :?:
WHL

Post by WHL »

memory man wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:07 pm Who are the "majority?"

Name names :?:
Only someone living a cave for the last year and a half, wouldn't know that the majority of airlines have been cancelling flights,

https://www.statista.com/statistics/111 ... -covid-19/
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Well if BA can maintain their LCA to LHR flights at least BA are using their aeroplanes and the pilots are keeping in current flying practice.
If BA can do this, why not EJ? As Firefly said BA are probably taking EJ's potential customers business.
EJ seem to have forgotten about keeping their customers happy.
Dee
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Kili01 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:45 pm Well if BA can maintain their LCA to LHR flights at least BA are using their aeroplanes and the pilots are keeping in current flying practice.
If BA can do this, why not EJ? As Firefly said BA are probably taking EJ's potential customers business.
EJ seem to have forgotten about keeping their customers happy.
Dee
During the pandemic there HAS to be a route in and out to allow repartition of citizens and people domiciled, also to carry mail, medication etc. This was always going to be BA
However, domestic airlines do not make enough money if they’re not full. The planes aren’t full because nobody is flying in significant enough numbers as most countries are Amber, and to travel for a holiday would be against Govt advice
It doesn’t make business sense to run pre pandemic routes or capacity
Don’t forget airlines and the travel industry have taken probably the biggest hit at the moment, and are continuing to do so with little or no public help. They’ve had to make severe pay cuts, make staff redundant (myself included)
As I said in my previous post, the days of convenient air travel are gone, hopefully just for now
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

lotus wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:16 pm Yes Jackie I agree with you,what annoys me they know the score and have better inside info than we have,if only they were upfront and honest with their customers instead of people booking flights in good faith with them and then having them cancelled,Jet 2 although not quite so bad are the same,I suppose it's all money for them and greed and bu..er the customers!!,good luck and I hope you see you're family
Sorry, I don’t agree! Greed, how on earth can it be greedy, they’re not earning any money!
And as for the better inside information, if we’ve learned anything about this pandemic, it’s that it changes, over and over again
How can businesses plan anything when things change quickly like this?
Planes cannot just be put back into the sky and take off, most of them need work and maintenance completing, airlines and travel industry need to get their staff training completed (the training has to be pretty rigorous for most roles in this industry)
Licenses need renewal, the list goes on.
Why, when there is no certainty would the airlines pay exorbitant amounts of money to get travel ready only for the date to be changed again and again
lotus

Post by lotus »

Sadie,first sorry about your job,my main point was why did these airlines advertise their flights and take money off people knowing full well they weren't going to fly,it's tough luck they are not earning money,makes up for the stupidly priced tickets in the school holidays
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Sadie

They do make money, imagine the thousands of pounds potential customers pay these airlines, for a flight the probably know won't take off.

They have your cash up front, for a few weeks, then they cancel the flight, how long does it take for a refund to hit you bank account. They don't pay interest with a refund. Where are those thousands of pounds kept, not in a desk drawer. I'm still waiting for my refund from Jet2.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

lotus wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:45 pm Sadie,first sorry about your job,my main point was why did these airlines advertise their flights and take money off people knowing full well they weren't going to fly,it's tough luck they are not earning money,makes up for the stupidly priced tickets in the school holidays
What an absolutely ridiculous reply
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

What will you all do if the airlines go tits up? What will you moan about then?

And regarding ticket prices during the school holidays, the only realistic solution to make that fairer is to raise the price of off-peak tickets. Is that really what you want?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
lotus

Post by lotus »

Oh do excuse me you two,Sadie in my opinion what I said was right,but obviously you have your opinion ,Dominic I hope you don't want to go back to UK soon if you do perhaps you will moan to! As for school holiday price increases I personally think it's wrong that families not just to do with airlines but any kind of holiday anywhere the prices are all increased massively,
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Alternatively, the prices off-peak are reduced to encourage more people to fly. A lot of off-peak flights operate at a loss.

If there was a ruling that the airlines could only have one price all year round, what do you think would happen? Would they lower the price of peak flights, or raise the price of the off peak ones?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:33 am
Dominic wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:03 pmWhat will you all do if the airlines go tits up? What will you moan about then?

With £2.3 billion in reserves I don't think Easyet will go belly-up anytime soon :? The Easyjet CEO claimed recently the company has enough money to see it through 'till 2023.

None of the leading players will go under anytime soon, instead they'll simply do a cashcall on shareholders; there'll be enough support.

Though these are still dark days for UK airlines, the Covid stormclouds are rolling back and within a few short months the public will be travelling again. And within a couple of years air travel will be back to pre-pandemic levels.
The storm clouds over the UK seem to be getting worse, ive just seen Holland have placed the UK on to the Red list.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Re.......
The storm clouds over the UK seem to be getting worse, ive just seen Holland have placed the UK on to the Red list.

I am not surprised after seeing these headlines this morning

"UK faces 100,000 cases EVERY DAY by July as Indian Covid variant drives up infections by more than a third over last week to 7,738 and Boris Johnson is warned by ministers lockdown rules will remain until next spring"
Trev..