Easy jet

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
lotus

Easy jet

Post by lotus »

Just had notification my Easy Jet flight to Bristol on July 3rd has been cancelled,what some bl..dy wank..s!!
The Aquila

Re: Easy jet

Post by The Aquila »

What do you suggest they should do during a pandemic where people from the UK are still being recommended not to travel? Run a massively loss service so they don’t upset a handful of people?

I sympathise with you but this is along way from being over, sadly.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I had the same email too. My flight to Bristol was on 5 June.
However, the eml suggested that I rebook my flight. I notice that EJ flights as per their website say that these flights should resume from 17 Jul.
I wonder why EJ show flights from PFO to Bristol will run3 times weekly from 17Jul, as if there aren't sufficient people traveling, surely it would make more sense to reduce the number for now to once or twice until things pick up again.
lotus

Post by lotus »

I understand what your saying but my flight is 3 weeks away,you would be annoyed if your partner was awaiting cancer surgery in UK and you can't get back there, I had same problem last year
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

My return flight with EJ on 6th July cancelled. They have taken a booking on 10th July. We shall see. If they cancel again, I'll book with BA.

BA have changed the time of my flight on 25th June, but the time change suits me fortunately.

That said, if the UK government looked at outbound travel, in the same way as they do for inbound travel, things might ease up. I really don't think that the pandemic is the consideration here anymore.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Hi Jackie,
Your comments are helpful to me. I am getting sick of the game being played by EJ, who continue to offer 3 x flights per week from Paphos. Then scrub them all. It's become their' go to' remedy. Whilst I sympathise with them, as I do with all airlines who are caught up by Boris's on and off tactics.
I am about to book with BA who seem to be more reliable!

Dee
BOB Peyia

Post by BOB Peyia »

Firefly wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:15 pm . I really don't think that the pandemic is the consideration here anymore.

Jackie
Best ask the people of Hounslow, the midlands, the north west etc, where this new variant is multiplying at an incredible rate if the pandemic is over?

6,300 new cases yesterday

On the Other Hand - Maybe the pandemic fiction now and it just another one of Boris's schemes to put coffers in friends pockets who own most of the holiday accommodation in the UK?

I would rather take the hit now, than another autumn / winter lockdown
lotus

Post by lotus »

Yes Dee I agree,sometimes the reason you need to get back to UK are serious and not just visiting friends and relatives,I have to get back for genuine reasons and like you are fed up with the likes of Easy Jet advertising their flights then you book in good faith then they cancel,i have rebooked with Ryan air in early July to Liverpool ,fingers crossed!
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

BOB

Do you live in any of the areas you mention, or know anyone who does ?

I do know how this pandemic is being treated by many living in those areas, by totally ignoring the lockdown rules, therefore no matter how careful the rest of the population is, this virus will mutate and spread, whilst new strains are being imported by those allowed to travel into our country. We who have totally obeyed all the rules, are being ignored, our lockdowns haven't prevented anything, and now we are like prisoners in our own country.

Be assured that it I am not alone in feeling this way, those that are vaccinated should be allowed safe movement, that is not happening.
Last edited by Firefly on Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Suetal

Post by Suetal »

Well said Firefly👏👏
Iris 2

Post by Iris 2 »

I thought BA only flew in to Paphos once a week but having looked at dates in July its looks like a daily service?

Our flight from Luton on the 10th has just been cancelled...very frustrating!
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Iris 2

Who were you flying with on the 10th ?
lotus

Post by lotus »

Will look at BA the only problem is getting from Manchester to where I need to go about 150 miles
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

lotus wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:33 pm Will look at BA the only problem is getting from Manchester to where I need to go about 150 miles
Isn’t that a similar distance from Bristol then?
Iris 2

Post by Iris 2 »

EJ from Luton!
lotus

Post by lotus »

No,Bristol is about 45 miles,I need to go about 50 miles South of Worcester making about 150 mile trip,as a last resort will have to do that and get a taxi
lotus

Post by lotus »

Iris,not going to trust EJ again,it's to easy for them to say they are flying and then cancel,thanks anyway
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I was flying from Bristol with EJ.

Now I'm flying from Heathrow, not convenient but at least I hope to take off.

Lotus, for me it's got to be a taxi. It'll be expensive, but to see my son and family, who I haven't seen since 2019, its worth every penny. Good luck.
lotus

Post by lotus »

Sorry should have said South West towards Somerset way so LHR would be a long trip,will keep looking for sure,
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Another option is Ryanair to Bournemouth which may or may not be closer? They have cancelled the Tuesday service but running Saturdays