SPAM E-Mails

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Lincoln

Re: SPAM E-Mails

Post by Lincoln »

I am still getting loads of SPAM on the computer. So now I just delete the lot and carry on. I get them every day.
All things are possible
JimX

Post by JimX »

Lincoln maybe time to get a new email address.
Jim.
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

I got an email about free meat yesterday, it turned out to be spam.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I'll say it again.... download the Brave web browser for pc and also as an app for mobile/Android.

Secure, no tracking your browsing history.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

PhotoLady wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:21 pm I'll say it again.... download the Brave web browser for pc and also as an app for mobile/Android.

Secure, no tracking your browsing history.
Well, I have now downloaded the Brave website onto my laptop. I shall now wait to see if it is any help or not. Thank you for the suggestion :D
All things are possible
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

If your email address is already out there in spamland, it will stay out there, no matter what browser you use. It will be on lists that get bought and sold on the darkweb etc.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Dominic wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:00 pm If your email address is already out there in spamland, it will stay out there, no matter what browser you use. It will be on lists that get bought and sold on the darkweb etc.
Hmm, that is what I was thinking Dom. So I shall just have to keep deleting them as they come-not a problem. However, I shall be looking into ways to list all my contacts and perhaps create a new email address.
All things are possible
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Well, depending on your email client, you can add spam senders to blocked senders lists etc. It won't seem effective at the start, but you will gradually wittle them down.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Or, get a new email address to provide if requested. An email address used only for such websites where you are asked to login or sign up.
Or, do as I do - if they ask for any kind of personal information before you get past the Home Page - RUN AWAY, FAST!

I don't give any email address out from my personal account. I use a particular address that means I only see it if I choose to check it. Almost everything there is crap that I have no intention of reading. It goes directly to Spam and is deleted automatically after 30 days. Not that it hangs around that long. I clear my Spam at least once a week.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Well, the good news is that the SPAM have just about disappeared. Thanks for all the useful help and advice. The odd ones that appear in my spam box are deleted forever.
All things are possible