Corallia beach

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
El tel

Corallia beach

Post by El tel »

Have there been changes to the parking at Corallia beach ? I was hearing there had been some changes but that is all the information I was given. Thanks.

Terry
emgee

Re: Corallia beach

Post by emgee »

Terry

Parking as normal in the car park.

Alan
J B

Post by J B »

You are both right - yes there are changes, but there is still a huge car park .... well, that's how it looked when we were there in February.

They have made it more level and the bit nearest the sea (where the buses used to park) is separated off and the upper area has been raised.
J B
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

...and some nice restaurants nearby, not to mention some beautiful coastal walks out towards Agios Georgios fishing harbour, along the Sea Caves coast!

Your first encounter as you clamber out of the northern section of Corralia Bay beach up onto the coastal track will be a Roman bus shelter, full of memorial stones... Not too far after, you'll encounter Yiallos Taverna (Round House), which is well worth stopping off at!

After (for the more intrepid walkers) you'll find yourself walking over local residents front gardens, who have (illegally, imho) taken their boundary right down to the coast, cheeky sods... Be brave and march on, coz they haven't been so brazen as to erect 2m high fences, yet... ???

Then, what happens now as we near AG on the Sea Caves coastal track, where they were building that new development of close-packed luxury multi-million € concrete sheds? Any updates on this contensious issue from CL a while back please, folks?

As the developers were adamant that they were going to ring fence their coastal plot for 'security' (right down to the sea) and block coastal walkers from passing! Is this path NOT part of the E4 walkway all around Cyprus???

No, it's NOT! But it damned well SHOULD be, for crying out LOUD!

Cheers- AL :?:
Gone but not forgotten...
Steve Matthews

Post by Steve Matthews »

The development that I think you are referring to is Cap St. Georges. For the entire length of the development, they have built a very nice, paved walkway, with some landscaping that is entirely open to the public. Many people use it every day for a stroll or to walk their dogs.
A year or so ago, the developer stopped vehicle access to the little bay with the concrete slipway (again, providing a freely open access footpath) and shortly after, a small population of the very rare Mediterranean Monk Seal moved back into the sea caves!
There are now no cars along this stretch of coast, far less rubbish and noise.
I very much enjoy the whole section of sea caves coast now that it has access for people on foot only.
El tel

Post by El tel »

As ever , thanks for the feedback , at least I will not have to park on the road and walk to the beach in my budgie smugglers, :D
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Yes- excellent feedback and updates regarding the Cap St. Georges development thanks, Steve!

I'm glad that the developers took notice of the public outcry back in 2010 by including a footpath past their new estate! Nice to learn of the seals returning to to Sea Caves as well.

Cheers- AL :D
Gone but not forgotten...
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

The car park at the Coralia Beach is finished. Newly laid out with lots of parking.
All things are possible
JimX

Post by JimX »

This morning part of the car park alterations, not very exciting to be honest.

A superb day on the island.

a short video..

Post by El tel »

Thanks Jim , glass railings do not come cheap !

Terry
Bograt

Post by Bograt »

Very impressive I think! They could have made it just ugly and functional, but instead they have glass, flowers - a car park with a view. Compared to the cars parks I have to use in Brighton, which are truly vile (and can you believe cost £15 if you stay one minute over four hours :evil: :evil: :evil: ) that is one stylish place to park the car.