Cyprus has the 2nd best climate in the World...

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Suetal

Re: Cyprus has the 2nd best climate in the World...

Post by Suetal »

No wonder we love going there!
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Flossie- just sign off as

Flossie (and then : and then ) )

Most users will recognize that as as a smile, LOL!

Cheers- AL ;)

ps: that's a wink (had to double-check my spelling there before Submit!)

pps: Hang on, Flossie- PL Paphos Life DOES have what you're looking for! Switch from Quick Reply to Advanced and VOILÁ! :D
Gone but not forgotten...
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

You can do that in December! Definitely not summer though.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

Three or four years ago they were still skiing at Troodos at Easter. The snow was still metres deep. So yes, you could ski and swim in the same day.
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Rarely goes below 16 degrees? Theyare having a larf! I left in January and we had loads of days when it was well below 10 degrees and if they consider that 40 degrees is balmy well think again !!
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

Will be putting our apartment up for sale and heading for Costa Rica!
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Costa Rica has a really diverse climate
https://www.govisitcostarica.com/travelInfo/climate.asp
so clearly depends where you live. The Caribbean coast sounds grim as does the highlands as well as the rainforest with its 25feet of rain so ! guess all the American expats live on the Pacific side.
I've always thought that the Cape Verde Islands have the best climate if you like it pleasantly warm all year and not much rain.
https://www.capeverde.co.uk/weather
Like all " surveys" you need to see the questions asked. At best they are a bit of fun and probably should be treated as such as anyone who has done a few winters in Greece ( #3) will attest !
PeteandSylvi

Post by PeteandSylvi »

No-one has mentioned the the rather sanitised description of winter in that load of advertising copy. It gives the impression that it gets a bit chilly for a rather short time and then we leap back into summer!

Pete
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

I must say that I've experienced a few 22ºC friendly outdoor gatherings at Christmas in K Pafos, actually...

Shorts 'n T shirt. Occasion was my good friends George and Doreen's Wedding Anniversary. I'd bring half a dozen chairs just down the road on the back of the old Toyota 2WD twin cab from where I was staying half a mile up the road, and we had a whale of an afternoon! Christmas in Cyprus quite often felt like Summer in England!

Good food, good booze (everyone piled in on drinks), good company, good memories... AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...
PeteandSylvi

Post by PeteandSylvi »

PaphosAL wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:35 pm I must say that I've experienced a few 22ºC friendly outdoor gatherings at Christmas in K Pafos, actually...

Shorts 'n T shirt. Occasion was my good friends George and Doreen's Wedding Anniversary. I'd bring half a dozen chairs just down the road on the back of the old Toyota 2WD twin cab from where I was staying half a mile up the road, and we had a whale of an afternoon! Christmas in Cyprus quite often felt like Summer in England!

Good food, good booze (everyone piled in on drinks), good company, good memories... AL :)
Now let's hear you reminisce about all the fun you had when the big, monsoon style rains come in February and March and all the months spent trying to keep warm in house not built for winters that have no insulation!!!!!

Pete
Mark

Post by Mark »

I would have agreed on the Cypriot climate being highly rated, however.......in the last two years particularly, I am concerned at the air quality, with ever increasing dust in the air, more than in previous years.

As some of this dust travels from war zones, I do wonder how toxic it is!
WHL

Post by WHL »

Calm down people, what is it with us Brits and the weather.. if its warm I wear shorts, and have a cold beer... if its chilly I put on a sweatshirt and have a hot drink ..enjoy your life here...lifes too short to analyze everything. :lol:
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Interesting to look up the Top Countries where Expats are happiest....

Being happy is not an exact formula — earning a lot of money does not necessarily equate to a happy life.

A new survey by InterNations, the world’s largest network for people who live and work abroad, shows that this is the case for expats across the globe.

The company asked 14,300 people living overseas, representing 174 nationalities and living in 191 countries or territories, to rate 43 different aspects of life abroad on a scale of 1-7.

One of the sub-indexes looked at personal happiness.

Some of the countries that made the top slots showed that the happiest expats across the globe were not necessarily earning a huge amount, nor were they in places that had the best infrastructure. But something about living in these countries satisfied them.

Take a look at the top 17:
http://read.bi/2k4nEOH
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

I can remember one of those BBC travel programmes on a Sunday evening in the 1960s where Cyprus (in a feature by a BBC weatherman) was described as the island with the best climate in the world. The old chestnut about the number of days of sunshine was rolled out, as was the idea of skiing in the morning and swimming in the Mediterranean in the afternoon. It seemed marvellous and, although it was many years before I came to Cyprus on holiday, the seed was planted in my mind.

And so, in 2011/12, I suggested to my wife we retire to the sun and "What about Cyprus?" The rest as they say is history and we have been here going on five years, and we wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world. So that seed planted in the 1960s was some seed ...
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Whether inhale or ingest, the dust in the cypriot air is dangerous and apparently the smallest particles are the worst hence the regular warnings often advising the elderly or people with various breathing conditions to stay indoors.
Cyprus is a lovely Island but it is not Utopia and people should be aware of the dangers instead of just burying their heads in the sand. The same with sun bathing,you see so many residents and tourists burning themselves and if only they would just think of the terrible consequences as in melanoma which my husband had and if only they could see what he went through they might think again.Always treat the climate with caution - end of sermon!!