Vaccine

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
lotus

Vaccine

Post by lotus »

Hi all,my partner is due to fly back to UK in a week for urgent cancer treatment,she had her first AZ jab few weeks ago and the next one isn't due for another few weeks,is there anywhere we can get one done privately asap,we have tried the usual helplines but they can't give us any definite dates,she can have one in UK after her isolation but would for safeties sake like one before flying
trevnhil

Re: Vaccine

Post by trevnhil »

Try the GP you are registered with
Trev..
daveg

Post by daveg »

Or just turn up at the end of the day , state your case...they must have " no shows".....and therefore spare Vaccines....
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

daveg wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:17 pm Or just turn up at the end of the day , state your case...they must have " no shows".....and therefore spare Vaccines....
I agree I think that must happen. My first inoculation at the General Hospital was because of 'no shows'.
My GP phoned me to ask if I could got there immediately. When I said Yes, she said off you go then..
So I didn't actually have an appointment for my first Jab..
Trev..
lotus

Post by lotus »

Thanks for replies will give it a try,
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

It might be worth calling Coral Bay Health Clinic / Harbour Medical as I’ve heard they have been vaccinating people that are finding if difficult to get them.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Hi Lotus,
You didn't mention how many weeks have elapsed since your partner had her first AZ jab.
With this vaccine the 2nd jab is normally given between 8 - 12 weeks later.
As others have said best check with your PD (private doctor).

I hope that you can arrange this. Best wishes to your partner. Hope the cancer treatment will be successful.
Dee
lotus

Post by lotus »

Success! Managed to get the AZ jab done at the General yesterday,despite millions of people about in and out in 20 minutes,Thankyou Dee,yes it's been a long six years and two life saving ops,another smaller mountain to climb next few weeks hopefully
lotus

Post by lotus »

Hi again ,forgot to say a huge Thankyou to the doctors and staff of the Iasis hospital,twice in the last few years the doctors have saved my partners life,absolutely fantastic! Which is more than can be said for Worcester hospital where it has been a catalogue of one major cock up after another ,and no I,am not accepting the excuse of Covid,thanks again for your help folks
JimX

Post by JimX »

Talking to my over the road neighbor who is Russian and young, also her Mum and her young lad, she is refusing to take the vaccine, I did try to convince her but she was adamant she is not having it...horse to water I guess.
Jim.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

My Russian next door neighbours are also unvaccinated at present,
But apparently, they are going home shortly because the vaccine of their choice, which isn't Sputnik 5 will be available....

Dee
andytspencer

Post by andytspencer »

Has anyone had their Astrazeneca vaccine brought forward it's now 11 weeks since my first.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

andytspencer wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:05 pm Has anyone had their Astrazeneca vaccine brought forward it's now 11 weeks since my first.
Yes, mine was due early July and is now later this week.
lotus

Post by lotus »

Mine is due 18 June the original date they gave me,was hoping they would have called me earlier
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

JimX wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:21 pm Talking to my over the road neighbor who is Russian and young, also her Mum and her young lad, she is refusing to take the vaccine, I did try to convince her but she was adamant she is not having it...horse to water I guess.
Did she say why Jim?.

MB
Paul

Post by Paul »

Had my second jab on Sunday 06/06 which was not due till the 30/06/21.
No side effects at all!
:D
JimX

Post by JimX »

I had a reaction to my first dose, flu like symptoms, shaking bodily, the last of our treatment was problem free, we had AZ jabs.

Oh yes I am an oldie! :)
Jim.
darrow

Post by darrow »

andytspencer wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:05 pm Has anyone had their Astrazeneca vaccine brought forward it's now 11 weeks since my first.
i am going next week for my second. It wasn't brought forward.
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

I felt nauseous for a couple of hours after my first dose but my second dose (last Friday) was absolutely fine.
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

I felt nauseous for a couple of hours after my first dose but my second dose (last Friday) was absolutely fine.