TV question

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

TV question

Post by WHL »

I wonder if Spanish people, sit around watching TV shows called
A place in the P*ssing Rain? :?
Princebytor

Re: TV question

Post by Princebytor »

You're not wrong. The Welsh First Minister was on tv this morning advising all Welsh people to holiday at home this year irrespective of the government rules....................well if he can tell me when we'll have a week when it is not p*ssing down with rain I'll get booked up ! There is no doubt Britain is a beautiful country, unfortunately the weather never seems to afford us the opportunity of being able to see it.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Princebytor wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:36 am You're not wrong. The Welsh First Minister was on tv this morning advising all Welsh people to holiday at home this year irrespective of the government rules....................well if he can tell me when we'll have a week when it is not p*ssing down with rain I'll get booked up ! There is no doubt Britain is a beautiful country, unfortunately the weather never seems to afford us the opportunity of being able to see it.
The reason the UK is such a beautiful and green land, is because there is alot of rain, catch 22.
Cappielow1

Post by Cappielow1 »

Princebytor wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:36 am You're not wrong. The Welsh First Minister was on tv this morning advising all Welsh people to holiday at home this year irrespective of the government rules....................well if he can tell me when we'll have a week when it is not p*ssing down with rain I'll get booked up ! There is no doubt Britain is a beautiful country, unfortunately the weather never seems to afford us the opportunity of being able to see it.
My feeling exactly.

The area in which I reside has what are amongst the best views in Scotland with out a doubt. In fact I had to take a run down the coast last week to buy B & Q's last chiminea left in stock in the country, and as the weather was unusually good, my wife and I had that very conversation.
However, on the way home the heavens opened, our conversation changed to "that's why we'd never spend money on a staycation".

Add to that, the price increases, a friend on mine takes a trip to Skye every year, when he looked at the prices they had doubled and in some cases were two and a half times more expensive than he'd previously paid. I understand that businesses have to try and recoup their losses over the last couple of years but some are just going over the score.

Pay double to potentially sit in the pouring rain being eaten alive by midges, no thanks I'll wait for international travel to return.

(But not to Turkey 😂)
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

I am with princebytor on the Welsh perspective. It has rained constantly since Easter was over. Indeed, it is the wettest May on record. As for the First Minister, do not get me started on that particular tortoise.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
J B

Post by J B »

Diocletian wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:35 pm As for the First Minister, do not get me started on that particular tortoise.
But, he got elected :roll:

The folk in "the valleys" must disagree with you! :shock:
J B
WHL

Post by WHL »

Tv show to first minister in six posts, don't you just love this forum :lol:
dodo

Post by dodo »

Mouse,
That's good to hear 👍🏽, also Hinterland was good drama to watch with fantastic scenery and starting Monday bbc1 The Pact , also shot in Wales but some same actors. Do miss my home county of Pembrokeshire 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿,
kansas

Post by kansas »

When we watch films shot in Ireland I always remark how lovely and green everything is. Yep, it's because it rains for most days of the year! Same in the Isle of Man where my family are from. I was half thinking of retiring to the Isle of Man until I remembered all the windy and rainy days I experienced during my school holidays spent in Peel. There were times when I literally couldn't leave the house due to the howling wind and rain and this was during the summer.....
memory man

Post by memory man »

Aargent

Post by Aargent »

As Billy Connolly said:- There are only Two Seasons in Scotland - June and Winter
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Someone also asked how best to differentiate between Summer & Winter in the UK. Answer: The rain is warmer in summer
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Best way to enjoy the UK is go on holiday before the school holidays begin. Ideally head for when the GCSEs are on. It is invariably hot and sunny then, and pisses down afterwards, to coincide with Wimbledon.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.