Cyprus Winter Fuel Payment

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
PhotoLady

Re: Cyprus Winter Fuel Payment

Post by PhotoLady »

trevnhil wrote: ↑Sat May 15, 2021 12:08 pm The W F Allowance from the UK to people in Cyprus was stopped a few years ago.
Thanks for the information, Trev. πŸ™‚
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Uncle D wrote: ↑Sat May 15, 2021 9:35 am I will hold my head high, looking over some of your posts your morals are nothing to be proud of at all
Thank you so much for your kind advice. I don't need you to inform me of the morality of what I post on the forums.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

WHL wrote: ↑Sat May 15, 2021 12:16 pm
trevnhil wrote: ↑Sat May 15, 2021 12:08 pm The W F Allowance from the UK to people in Cyprus was stopped a few years ago.

But I see nothing at all wrong with someone resident here, and living in the colder / higher areas of Cyprus, receiving the W F A as others in the same location would be doing
If people want the benefits Cypriots get, then they should apply for Cypriot citizenship, You have to be a member of any club, to get the same benefits.
You didn't have to be a member of any club or to have Cypriot citizenship to get the Cyprus Winter Fuel Allowance ..
You did have to live over a certain height above sea level. It was the same rule for Cypriots as well..
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: ↑Sat May 15, 2021 2:10 pm
WHL wrote: ↑Sat May 15, 2021 12:16 pm

But I see nothing at all wrong with someone resident here, and living in the colder / higher areas of Cyprus, receiving the W F A as others in the same location would be doing
If people want the benefits Cypriots get, then they should apply for Cypriot citizenship, You have to be a member of any club, to get the same benefits.
You didn't have to be a member of any club or to have Cypriot citizenship to get the Cyprus Winter Fuel Allowance ..
You did have to live over a certain height above sea level. It was the same rule for Cypriots as well..
Did you not have to be in the EU citizens club?
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Devil wrote: ↑Sat May 15, 2021 1:46 pm
Uncle D wrote: ↑Sat May 15, 2021 9:35 am I will hold my head high, looking over some of your posts your morals are nothing to be proud of at all
Thank you so much for your kind advice. I don't need you to inform me of the morality of what I post on the forums.
Oh I see, so your take on it is "don't do as I do, do as I say'
Last edited by Uncle D on Sat May 15, 2021 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David
Fionaken

Post by Fionaken »

Does anyone know when the forms have to be submitted by, please?
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

July, you will need to contact your muchtars office
David
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

JimX

Post by JimX »

I wonder if the 300.000 or so Cypriots in the UK get benefits all other Brits get? as some here have said WFA was stopped several years ago..
Last edited by JimX on Tue May 18, 2021 7:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jim.
WHL

Post by WHL »

JimX wrote: ↑Sun May 16, 2021 6:46 am If people want the benefits Cypriots get, then they should apply for Cypriot citizenship, You have to be a member of any club, to get the same benefits.

I wonder if the million or so Cypriots in the UK get benefits all other Brits get? as some here have said WFA was stopped several years ago..
You really should educate yourself , before making claims such as this one,, there are not one million Cypriots living in the UK ... you keep bringing this ridiculous figure up time and time again, but never mind I will give you the real facts, there are at most 200, 000 British citizens of Cypriot decent, living in the UK, they are the children', grandchildren, great grand children , of British citizens when Cyprus was a British dependency, these 200, 000 are all British, not Cypriot,,,and the vast majority were born in the UK, as were descendents of the West Indies, Ireland, Africa, anywhere were the. UK had colonies
There lies the difference, they are British passport holders, if the expats want the same benefits here they can get Cypriot passports, after being here for a period of time, the real amount of Cypriots living in the UK are about 20,000, mainly students studying in university's, of which the majority will return to Cyprus once their study's have finished.
Last edited by WHL on Sun May 16, 2021 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Who was it who said that, "you should never let fact get in the way of the truth" or similar?
memory man

Post by memory man »

Who was it who said that, "you should never let fact get in the way of the truth" or similar?

You just did :lol:
WHL

Post by WHL »

JimX wrote: ↑Sun May 16, 2021 6:46 am If people want the benefits Cypriots get, then they should apply for Cypriot citizenship, You have to be a member of any club, to get the same benefits.

I wonder if the million or so Cypriots in the UK get benefits all other Brits get? as some here have said WFA was stopped several years ago..

WHL you know nothing, You need educating on treating member you obnoxious man...go away
No, with respect is you who needs educating regards the number of Cypriots living in the UK, I might know nothing, but I know there are not one million Cypriots living in the UK, as for resorting to personal insults, says more about you, then anything else, as for going away, if Dominic decides to ban me, for what ever reason, then I will go away, until that time, I will reply to people making ridiculous fairytale posts.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Hands up those who's decision to move to Cyprus didnt partially include taking advantage of low taxes
David
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Low taxes never came into my decision as my state pension is not above the UK limit..
Trev..
Mark

Post by Mark »

Uncle D wrote: ↑Mon May 17, 2021 9:37 am Hands up those who's decision to move to Cyprus didnt partially include taking advantage of low taxes
Our decision was 100% based on the 5% tax on our pensions, other areas we considered would have involved higher tax rates.
Lucky Lady

Post by Lucky Lady »

I had no idea of the tax situation in Cyprus when we came, and it would not have influenced us - we came because we loved the country - and I still do. 😊😊
Mark

Post by Mark »

Lucky Lady wrote: ↑Tue May 18, 2021 7:30 pm I had no idea of the tax situation in Cyprus when we came, and it would not have influenced us - we came because we loved the country - and I still do. 😊😊
We have grown to love Cyprus, it is now our home, but the tax situation was initially our primary motivation to move here.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I know many who have come to Cyprus who considered the low taxes as part if their decision, some years ago even VAT was very low but went up eventually after joining the EU.
Like Trevor we will never be able to meet the tax threshold with our pensions even if it was the same level as the UK tax
David