Help re: Peyia Municipality- plans to charge residents for clearing their land!

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: Help re: Peyia Municipality- plans to charge residents for clearing their land!

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Dominic wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:39 am If I lived in the house with that overgrowing Carob tree I would have chopped it down years ago.
If you cut down any Carob tree, does not matter in your property or outside, you will be in trouble as they are protected and you will get fined.

Max
fishbeardsunset

Re: Help re: Peyia Municipality- plans to charge residents for clearing their land!

Post by fishbeardsunset »

Firstly, you have to be very careful with doing anything to Carob trees because they are a protected species and technically you are not supposed to cut them back or possibly face prosecution (that is what I have been told), and bearing in mind once again it is growing on Municipality land.
With regards to the"boundary" the houses form part of the Andriana Resort complex and they have probably been built about 15 years or so ?
As I rent the house, I would not have any title deeds or have any information about that side of things anyway- as it not my responsibility to maintain areas that have nothing to do with me or my neighbours. I only chopped some stuff back, because of the fact that it has been so neglected - but equally it does not excuse the Council from having done nothing to the area for I believe about two years! (I've lived here now for 14 months) Just seen max's post which confirms what I had written also. Thanks 8-)
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

What is the building to the right of photograph 098? Do you know who owns it? If it is on municipal property, it should not really be there!
fishbeardsunset

??? It's an electrical substation or similar, that backs onto the side road that serves the main complex
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

What does your landlord have to say on the matter, assuming you have spoken with him/her?

Given they are the rightful owner of the property, it may be they will have better luck in speaking with the authorities and should have all the relevant information regarding boundaries and ownership.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
fishbeardsunset

:) Hello PhotoLady ,Haa...well for a kick off she lives in the U.K. not Cyprus and the "Managing Agent" - well don't start me on that subject- or we will be here all day!.
If you are living in rented accommodation nobody wants to know, it's as simple as that in reality. For example, (although not related to this post :roll:) directly across the fields- there is a steep ravine and directly above are a family of Cypriots that have got numerous hunting dogs all kept in deplorable conditions in cages and which bark all morning and night and there is Fxxx all I can do about it- I have spent enough of my own personal time chasing up the relevant authorities keeping logs of incidents e.t.c but nobody is interested in the animal's welfare whatsoever and neither is the Managing Agent who took great exception when I said that I should have been warned of the situation before moving in :x ...!!! Thank God they have Guinness over here!!! It's the only thing that keeps me relatively sane :) :) ;)
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

We rented a property for 12yrs without any problems from a Cypriot landlord who lived in Cyprus.

This sounds like your first mistake. An Absent Landlord is never a good thing, no matter where in the world you may live.

For animal cruelty / welfare - you need to contact Kyriakos Kyriakou who is behind the Animal Welfare Party, set up some years ago and has made some amazing breakthroughs:

https://animalpartycyprus.com/contact-us/?lang=en
"Have Camera, Will Travel"