Rules for people in cars

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Tremigirl

Rules for people in cars

Post by Tremigirl »

How many people from different families can travel together in one care
It was only three, but has it changed now.
Can two couples from different family go in one car?
PolemIan

Re: Rules for people in cars

Post by PolemIan »

I am trying to find the same thing. I have scanned the Greek version of the latest decree on PIO. U.K. nothing is jumping out at me with my current Greek skills so waiting for the English version to be posted.

Ian
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

26th April: https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/uplo ... ons_EN.pdf

8. How many people are allowed in a private vehicle and how many passengers can there be on public transport vehicles?

Private vehicles may carry persons of the same family (household), including minor children of the family, depending on the capacity of the vehicle, without the use of a mask. In the case of persons from different households, up to three (3) persons, including the driver, may ride together, with mandatory use of a mask.

I understood that if nothing different was mentioned in the most recent decree then the previous restrictions still applied. Better to be safe than sorry I think as people have been fined for having too many people in a vehicle.
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

Just read this in The Cyprus Mail but the only thing it says about private vehicles is that people from different households must wear masks, nothing about how many people per car!
https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/05/11/coro ... -capacity/
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

It was 3 in the April decree, but the English version of the latest decree is now on PIO and does not contain this clause anymore, it just states on page 4

“ n) The Ministry of Transports, Communications and Works shall issue guidelines pertaining to the transport of people by all regular buses with a fare per passenger, as well as by all public and/or private transport means.
Provided that the use of a protective facemask is mandatory for employees and passengers in all transport means mentioned in this paragraph.”

The only clarification I’ve seen so far was an article in the CM yesterday when the Transport Minister gave an update that was reported as:

“ The rules applying to privately owned vehicles are as follows:

Members of the same household, including minors, are allowed to travel in a privately owned vehicle without using masks. If passengers come from different households, they must wear masks.”

That’s consistent with what’s I’ve now found posted (in Greek only) as the latest announcement on the MOT’s own webpage - see clause 2.2

http://www.mcw.gov.cy/mcw/mcw.nsf/All/1 ... enDocument

My interpretation so far is that the “rule of 3” for mixed households in a private car, is no more and we just have to make sure we are all wearing a mask.

Happy to be corrected if anybody has much better Greek than me.

Ian
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

Yesterday afternoon I emailed the Ministry of Health to ask how many people were allowed in private vehicles & was amazed to receive an email this morning:

perm.sec@moh.gov.cy
Yes, more people are allowed in a car, according to the capacity of the car. If they are from different households, they have to wear masks.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thanks for sharing that with us, it does clarify the situation ..
Trev..
Tremigirl

Post by Tremigirl »

Thank you for all your replies.
Now I know the answer.