Championship final: MCity-Chelsea, I'm curious about it

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Championship final: MCity-Chelsea, I'm curious about it

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Thanks to the finally better performance of the two new German player in the Chelsea team, Havertz and Werner, The Blues gave Real Madrid yesterday night no chance to come back and win. They should have scored more goals, but to win against the Spanish 3:1 in aggregate was still something special.
I look forward to the final against MCity, which also performed strong on Tuesday when they played undisciplined Paris club PSG, which again lost one very important player with red card. But they were also lucky that the best PSG player Mbappe could not play because of injury. He alone "killed" Bayern Munich in the previous round. Not to forget that the pitch was covered with snow in the first half and prevented "normal" play and I wondered if they have no undersoil heating as they have tons of money at City....

Max
WHL

Re: Championship final: MCity-Chelsea, I'm curious about it

Post by WHL »

cyprusmax47 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:23 am Thanks to the finally better performance of the two new German player in the Chelsea team, Havertz and Werner, The Blues gave Real Madrid yesterday night no chance to come back and win. They should have scored more goals, but to win against the Spanish 3:1 in aggregate was still something special.
I look forward to the final against MCity, which also performed strong on Tuesday when they played undisciplined Paris club PSG, which again lost one very important player with red card. But they were also lucky that the best PSG player Mbappe could not play because of injury. He alone "killed" Bayern Munich in the previous round. Not to forget that the pitch was covered with snow in the first half and prevented "normal" play and I wondered if they have no undersoil heating as they have tons of money at City....

Max
Max re the German players , with repect you are giving them to much credit, how many easy chances did they miss, star perfomance for Chelsea wes Ngolo Kanti
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

WHL wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:45 am
cyprusmax47 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:23 am Thanks to the finally better performance of the two new German player in the Chelsea team, Havertz and Werner, The Blues gave Real Madrid yesterday night no chance to come back and win. They should have scored more goals, but to win against the Spanish 3:1 in aggregate was still something special.

Max
Max re the German players , with repect you are giving them to much credit, how many easy chances did they miss, star perfomance for Chelsea wes Ngolo Kanti
That's why I said: "finally" in my post if you look. Specially Havertz is the greatest talent we have in German football since years and his performance only improved since Chelsea have got a new coach (also German) and led him play in different positions. Correct, concerning Werner, he also lost a lot of good chances when still playing at Leipzig, which was the reason FC Bayern was not interested to offer him a job for the money he asked...

Max
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

I hope that UEFA see sense over the final and move it to Wembley to save people travelling to Turkey amongst the high cases on COVID there!
Varky

Post by Varky »

The Aquila wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:15 am I hope that UEFA see sense over the final and move it to Wembley to save people travelling to Turkey amongst the high cases on COVID there!
I understand Wembley is hosting the play-offs around that time, but Cardiff might be available.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Istanbul will host the final, when have they ever thought of fans wishes, think back when Azerbaijan, hosted the Europa cup final. Two English clubs were forced to play in what isn't even a european country , how it works is the country with the worse human rights record offers UEFA a big sum of money to host the final, the reason is, it makes thm look good on the World stage, lok how much money Saudi Arabia is giving to boxing etc, so they can stage events, its blood money no more no less
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

WHL wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:59 pm Istanbul will host the final
I wouldn’t be quite so sure about that now that the UK has moved Turkey into the red list meaning that no fans can travel there.
WHL

Post by WHL »

The Aquila wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:30 pm
WHL wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:59 pm Istanbul will host the final
I wouldn’t be quite so sure about that now that the UK has moved Turkey into the red list meaning that no fans can travel there.
Do you really believe the suits that run the game care a toss about the fans
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

They care about money and the fans will contribute to that and possibly more so in the UK!
WHL

Post by WHL »

The Aquila wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:47 pm They care about money and the fans will contribute to that and possibly more so in the UK!
Turkey has invested big bucks to host it, Uefa, won't budge , no matter how much sense it makes to have it in the UK
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Footballers are not currently automatically exempt from quarantine from red countries and with the Euros starting 10 or 11 days after the final it would be silly of UEFA not to move it.
memory man

Post by memory man »

England could host Champions League final due to Turkey travel restrictions

The all-English Champions League final could be played at home after Turkey was added to England's "red list" of countries where all but essential travel is banned due to severe coronavirus outbreaks.

Chelsea and Manchester City are due to meet on May 29 in Istanbul and UEFA was hoping to allow around 10,000 fans into the biggest club game of the European football season.

But the British government on Friday warned supporters not to travel to Turkey after imposing the new travel restrictions, and said the English Football Association was in talks with Champions League organizer UEFA about staging the game in Britain, instead.

The most logical English venue to move the game to is Wembley with the London stadium staging eight games of the European Championship across June and July, so it has UEFA's required logistics and broadcasting infrastructure already in place. Wembley was also already due to stage the 2024 Champions League final so it could be moved up three years.

While Villa Park in the central England city of Birmingham has been floated as an option, it is an older stadium that would require significant infrastructure being installed to reach UEFA requirements.

"We are very open to hosting the final but it is ultimately a decision for UEFA," British Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said. "The U.K. has already got a successful track record of football matches with spectators, so we are well placed to do it.

"Given there are two English clubs in that final, we look forward to what they have to say."

Turkey is in the second week of a three-week national lockdown and government figures show coronavirus cases are declining but 20,107 new infections were announced on Friday and 278 deaths. The vaccine rollout in Britain meant the country recorded 2,490 cases on Friday and 15 deaths.

People from England should visit only red-list countries "in the most extreme of circumstances," Shapps said. Anyone returning from them must stay in hotels for 10 days at their own expense, with meals delivered to their door.

Players would also be required to enter quarantine, unless exemptions were granted, which would impact their preparations for the European Championship, which opens on June 11 and is being staged across 10 countries.

If the Champions League final was moved to Wembley, the English Football League would have to accept moving the date of the Championship playoff to determine the final promotion place to the Premier League, which is scheduled to be played at the stadium on May 29.

Wembley in recent weeks has staged the only football games with fans in England in 2021 as part of test events, with the crowd for the FA Cup final on May 15 rising to 21,000 people who have to produce a negative coronavirus test.

At least 22,500 fans will be allowed into the three group-stage Euro 2020 games at Wembley in June, with the 90,000-capacity Wembley set to be half-full for the final on July 11.

The pandemic already prevented Istanbul from staging the 2020 Champions League final with the game moved to Lisbon to be played in an empty stadium.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/article ... trictions/
ast

Post by ast »

Champions league final will not be in Turkey but will be played in Porto instead. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
WHL

Post by WHL »

ast wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:57 pm Champions league final will not be in Turkey but will be played in Porto instead. 8-)
If Chelsea play like they did against Arsenal last night,
they might as well save themselves the expense, and stay home :shock:
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

WHL wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:13 pm
ast wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:57 pm Champions league final will not be in Turkey but will be played in Porto instead. 8-)
If Chelsea play like they did against Arsenal last night,
they might as well save themselves the expense, and stay home :shock:

I was going to say the same after watching their match yesterday... yawn...

Max