Coronavirus: Cabinet introduces Coronapass for access to venues after lockdown ends

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Coronavirus: Cabinet introduces Coronapass for access to venues after lockdown ends

Post by Paphos Life »

The cabinet on Wednesday night decided to reopen most closed businesses and to introduce a so-called Coronapass for people to be allowed into hospitality venues, churches, gyms, and other places starting Monday, while keeping an overnight curfew....

Read the article and chat about it below...
panoscouse

Re: Coronavirus: Cabinet introduces Coronapass for access to venues after lockdown ends

Post by panoscouse »

I hope i'm reading this wrong but as I understand at this moment my wife who is due her vaccination tomorrow (at the third attempt) and following two previous visits to the palio electric (sp) only to be told that she's not on the list (but was according to the MOH) and denied a vaccine. That my wife will be unable to visit with me (vaccinated ages ago) a restaurant or even a department store for at least three weeks, and that's provided she's on the list tomorrow and gets her jab eventually. I do hope somebody can tell me i've got this wrong otherwise i'm in for an ear bashing.
The Aquila

Re: Coronavirus: Cabinet introduces Coronapass for access to venues after lockdown ends

Post by The Aquila »

I read it that she’ll need a negative test with 72 hours if not vaccinated.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I hope that it will all become clearer! Apart from anything we need instructions on how to obtain this 'Coronapass'. Who will issue it? Also what happens to those who are eligible to get this pass, but who don't have a smart phone?

Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I think the 'Coronapass' is just a matter of carrying around your vaccination certificate / details
Trev..
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

panoscouse wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:37 pm I hope i'm reading this wrong but as I understand at this moment my wife who is due her vaccination tomorrow (at the third attempt) and following two previous visits to the palio electric (sp) only to be told that she's not on the list (but was according to the MOH) and denied a vaccine. That my wife will be unable to visit with me (vaccinated ages ago) a restaurant or even a department store for at least three weeks, and that's provided she's on the list tomorrow and gets her jab eventually. I do hope somebody can tell me i've got this wrong otherwise i'm in for an ear bashing.
Had she received a text message with the time and date of the vaccination?
David
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Kili01 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:10 am I hope that it will all become clearer! Apart from anything we need instructions on how to obtain this 'Coronapass'. Who will issue it? Also what happens to those who are eligible to get this pass, but who don't have a smart phone?

Dee
Read the article again Dee, the Coronapass is the slip of paper giving the date of your second vaccination that you received at your first jab
David
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

As I understand it..The corona pass is EITHER A) a vaccination card. B) a negative Covid test. C) proof of having recovered from the Virus..
All things are possible
panoscouse

Post by panoscouse »

[/quote]
Had she received a text message with the time and date of the vaccination?
[/quote]

No. She is not in gesy.
She has asked for an sms conformation or email on 3 occasions only to be told that MOH don't send texts or emails to confirm.
Arrowhire

Post by Arrowhire »

So, are they doing away with SMS messages from Monday?
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Arrowhire wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:23 am So, are they doing away with SMS messages from Monday?
Yep!
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

trevnhil wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:39 am I think the 'Coronapass' is just a matter of carrying around your vaccination certificate / details
Correct Trev. It’s effectively a virtual / implied document.As per the last point of the article:

“ 34. Conditions coronapass

- Negative test (pcr / rapid) power within 72 hours

- Vaccination with at least one dose and completion of at least 3 weeks after vaccination

- He has been sick from the disease in the last 6 months.”

What’s not clear to me yet until the official English translation is uploaded by PIO, is the use, or not, of the SMS system, as the line about it not being needed is a sub para of the curfew main point and permitted exceptions in the curfew window. So is it removed across the board, or just for movement during the revised curfew window? Hopefully the former!

Also not yet clear to me if the use of the “coronapass” is required for all shops or those that are reopening? If the former, the queues for testing if we need that for supermarkets could horrendous. Again hopefully not, but it just shows that the more prescriptive processes are, the more open to interpretation they can be.

Hopefully will be clearer when the PIO updates the English part of its COVID page and posts it’s usual FAQ section.

Ian
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

As far as I can see after the 9th of May No SMS will be needed at all at any time..
But like you Ian I am still unsure which shops or cafes or restaurants will need a Coronapass.
Trev..
Varky

Post by Varky »

Looking at the statistics, to me, what was the purpose of the last two weeks lockdown. There has been only marginal improvement.

The new 'rules' with encourage people to have the vaccination and this can only be a good thing. Unfortunately there will be cases where the vaccination alternative is not possible and maybe such cases should be given some sort of exemption paper.
memory man

Post by memory man »

trevnhil wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:02 am As far as I can see after the 9th of May No SMS will be needed at all at any time..

I presume that includes the citizen forms. :?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I assume that as well MM, because the form is just for those not able to uses the SMS system..
I can see it being a problem for the younger people who have not even been offered a vaccination date yet
Trev..
Ams

Post by Ams »

Varky wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:09 am Looking at the statistics, to me, what was the purpose of the last two weeks lockdown. There has been only marginal improvement.

The new 'rules' with encourage people to have the vaccination and this can only be a good thing. Unfortunately there will be cases where the vaccination alternative is not possible and maybe such cases should be given some sort of exemption paper.
I presumed it was to prevent the situation getting worse, with the amount of mixing that normally happens over Easter. So while 2 weeks isn't enough time for a big improvement, numbers could have shot up after Easter if the usual gatherings went ahead. Hopefully that won't happen now.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Overall very happy with the new measures from Monday - more far reaching than I anticipated.
josef k

Post by josef k »

I note in the statements that the changes are from 6pm on Monday, not all day Monday. Also there remains confusion as to whether the ending of the texting requirement is for all times, or just during curfew hours.
Hopefully there will be some clarifications prior to Monday.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Josef, the revised measures are effective from 6am on Monday morning.

Ian