Coffee Machine

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
gazzaga

Re: Coffee Machine

Post by gazzaga »

I just read this thread Austin 7 and I was horrified that you'd give up on your Gaggia. I have a Gaggia Classic which replaced my older, cast aluminium Gaggia Baby about 10 years ago. The new Gaggia Machines at=re nothing like the old ones after Phillips boughth the company. Keep repairing and replacing parts. Better coffee and better for the environment in many aspects, repair don't replace and also the pod machines generate a lot of plastic waste.

If you can find theem, try the Lidl 'Belarom' Espresso or Espresso Extra Dark roast beans. They will suprise you. I bough a bag to try (€7 for 1.2kg!!!!) and they are great.

There is a gaggia service engineer in Limassol

Garry
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

I use a pod machine but my partner has an old style Italian pull coffee machines nd will not change. He yeas there is no comparison in quality hence sticking to the old way and grinding beans daily.
JimX

Post by JimX »

A tip a coffee expert gave me many years ago was, if you grind your own beans is to put them in a large container and put those in the freezer, not the refrigerator, keeps ground beans very fresh, as I do a couple of weeks worth of coffee grinding.
Jim.