Film recomendation

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Film recomendation

Post by WHL »

Just watched a film, The Father, starring Anthony Hopkins, just to say, if you watch another thousand films, you will not see better acting then this man.

Uncle D

Re: Film recomendation

Post by Uncle D »

Excellent acting and well deserved Bafta and Oscar

I can recommend other films that got Oscars and Baftas , Nomadland, Promising Young Woman and Another Round.
Last edited by Uncle D on Mon May 03, 2021 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
David
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

Thank you WHL for The Father recommendation, I’ve just watched it. Anthony Hopkins is a great actor, and still acting in his 80’s. Oscar well deserved, and he was surprised to win!
WHL

Post by WHL »

aphrodite wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:18 pm Thank you WHL for The Father recommendation, I’ve just watched it. Anthony Hopkins is a great actor, and still acting in his 80’s. Oscar well deserved, and he was surprised to win!
I honestly didn't know that he won an oscar, I said to my wife after watching the film, that was an oscar winning performance
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

WHL wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:01 pm Just watched a film, The Father, starring Anthony Hopkins, just to say, if you watch another thousand films, you will not see better acting then this man.

Sorry to show my lack of IT knowledge,getting older,or whatever,but cold you tell me what channel you got it on.Thanks
WHL

Post by WHL »

Chaddy wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:46 am
WHL wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:01 pm Just watched a film, The Father, starring Anthony Hopkins, just to say, if you watch another thousand films, you will not see better acting then this man.

Sorry to show my lack of IT knowledge,getting older,or whatever,but cold you tell me what channel you got it on.Thanks
Watched on the cinema app on firestick
kansas

Post by kansas »

Excellent acting and a well deserved Oscar for Anthony Hopkins. However it did leave us thinking "is this what the future holds"??!!
WHL

Post by WHL »

kansas wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:31 pm Excellent acting and a well deserved Oscar for Anthony Hopkins. However it did leave us thinking "is this what the future holds"??!!
We have had family suffer the same way, and it was very raw for us watching it :(