Coronavirus: Situation in hospitals critical, private sector could do "more to help"

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Coronavirus: Situation in hospitals critical, private sector could do "more to help"

Post by Paphos Life »

The situation in state hospitals is critical, state health services organisation Okypy said on Tuesday after record numbers in admissions of patients with Covid-19 were recorded in the last few days, saying more cooperation is needed from the private sector....

Read the article and chat about it below...
Lincoln

Re: Coronavirus: Situation in hospitals critical, private sector could do "more to help"

Post by Lincoln »

Just my opinion. I believe that the Private Hospitals are doing more than enough. They have taken none Covid patients and admitted them to take the strain off the Gene Hosp. Not much more that they can do, is there.
All things are possible
Varky

Re: Coronavirus: Situation in hospitals critical, private sector could do "more to help"

Post by Varky »

Lincoln,
Have you read the article?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have certainly read this morning about Private Hospitals taking Non Covid patients therefore freeing up more beds in the general hospital
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/private ... sated-hio/

''At the same time, the HIO will call on all private hospitals that have joined the General Health Plan (Gesy) to cooperate with one another. Because of the vast needs that have risen as a result of the increased number in coronavirus patients currently admitted at public hospitals.

The Organisation is also planning to staff private hospitals with additional general practitioners under whose care will come non-Covid patients currently in the hands of doctors in overcrowded departments of public hospitals''.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I wonder where the "additional general practitioners" will come from.. And will that mean that their patients will no longer be able to consult with them ??
Trev..