pool pump issue

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
LouiseCastricum

Re: pool pump issue

Post by LouiseCastricum »

I think every pool had a lot of sand in it due to the amount of dust in the air lately.
Louise :)
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

We had ours replaced with glass rather than sand, from memory it was 240 but that was a while ago
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

I recently changed the filter media in my filter (8 x 4 pool) which was €160 inc vat. The laterals if required are about € 8 each and probably 6 in there but it’s highly unlikely they will all be gone. I would hazardous a guess that it’s just the media that need replacing if it’s over 6/7 years since the last change.
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Normally if it just sand/dust in the pool the sand/dust will be spread fairly evenly over the bottom of the pool until you flock it ( phew I spelt that right thank goodness or Google would have had a field day Domenic )!
If it’s a problem with the filter then the sand would be piled up under the return jets and not spread around the pool bottom.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

If the pool pump is that old, I would recommend to buy a solar pool pump system and use the old pump as a backup. It is my favourite renewable energy product and consists of 3 solar modules, one controller and the solar DC pump ( for normal size pools up to 80 tons of water.) It not only runs without electricity but also reduces the amount of chemicals and maintenance as it works from morning to evening,all year long. Green Air Paphos install that since 2009 and was the first company to bring this German Lorentz Solar pump to Cyprus. Also in hotels, and hundreds of systems are running perfect. No application to EAC necessary.

Max
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Solar modules are ca 1.70 m x 1 m. If your old pump is not completely dead it will be good enough to use it only in case there is no sun and you want to hoover the pool that moment. I am sure if you order a system from Green Air, the boys will have a look at your old pump and find a cheap solution...

Max
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Three month ago I answered your same question about the price.... (here copy and paste)

("Providing that it is a normal standard installation at your premises the costs are 2500 Euro + VAT. A visit from Green Air people at your site will confirm if this price is applicable. It will consist of German pump and controller as well as 3 high quality panels from REC and mounting material. It includes also the installation of course. Your old pump will stay in situ and can be used with just open/close four valves if needed.")

Any roof can be used (p.e. poolhouse etc) to mount the PV modules. As I said already, Green Air people will have to visit your site to find out...

Max