Flying to UK from Larnaca..

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Kili01

Re: Flying to UK from Larnaca..

Post by Kili01 »

Mark123 why do you think that?
To me the UK procedure seems quite clear, but expensive and inconvenient.
The best thing to do is to wait to visit the UK until these procedures cease.
Tests in the UK seem to always be a nightmare. Super expensive, unreliable companies profiteering from the Govt's laid down rules.
Why can't the UK Govt legislate a max price for these PCR tests to stop them from profiteering from a captive audience? And require the companies who do these tests to,provide results say in a max of 48 hrs.
If Cyprus can do these tests much more cheaply and reliably, why can't a behmoth like the UK do likewise?
Dee
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

It's been announced today that Randox Health are reducing the cost of private PCR tests to £60 per test.
However, last year when flights reopened Randox struggled to provide the results in the required timescale.
So, worth keeping an eye open.... Other companies may follow.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
joplic

Post by joplic »

I flew back to the UK on 11th March ( and have subsequently returned to Cyprus). Unless you have pre booked your covid tests for days 2 and 8 in UK you are not allowed to board the aircraft. Check in staff at LCA carefully checked all my documentation. The tests were waiting for me at my UK house. On my journney between LHR and my hometown I was called twice by Track & Trace to ensure I knew the quarantining rules. All was straightforward and well organised.
boycott

Post by boycott »

joplic wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:30 pm I flew back to the UK on 11th March ( and have subsequently returned to Cyprus). Unless you have pre booked your covid tests for days 2 and 8 in UK you are not allowed to board the aircraft. Check in staff at LCA carefully checked all my documentation. The tests were waiting for me at my UK house. On my journney between LHR and my hometown I was called twice by Track & Trace to ensure I knew the quarantining rules. All was straightforward and well organised.
What happens if you do not have a smart phone?
Or can you have track and trace on an old style mobile phone.
mrk123

Post by mrk123 »

joplic wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:30 pm I flew back to the UK on 11th March ( and have subsequently returned to Cyprus). Unless you have pre booked your covid tests for days 2 and 8 in UK you are not allowed to board the aircraft. Check in staff at LCA carefully checked all my documentation. The tests were waiting for me at my UK house. On my journney between LHR and my hometown I was called twice by Track & Trace to ensure I knew the quarantining rules. All was straightforward and well organised.
Interesting.. I nearly made the mistake of doing a rapid (or Rabid as they say here) test before boarding! Till my friend pointed it out! More money for the government yay.

Did they ever come to your house?

Have to admit it's all a little excessive, to say the UK one of th worst 'death tolls' to date... The cheek of the bastards!