Flying to UK from Larnaca..

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
mrk123

Flying to UK from Larnaca..

Post by mrk123 »

I have just booked with BA (300% cheaper than all the others for once).

And a screen flashed up saying I need to also do a test on 2nd and 8th day.. And have them booked... Well this is just more of a farce!

Anyone else had to do this flying back??
mrk123

Re: Flying to UK from Larnaca..

Post by mrk123 »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:59 pm I thought this was pretty much common knowledge? The UK newspapers and TV news bulletins are full of stories re. testing when flying in to the UK from abroad - even worse if you have to pay £1,200 per person to stay for a week in one of the government's appointed hotels... and still pay for testing after that.

That's why we won't travel at the moment; we won't be going anywhere until just before Christmas. Can only hope it's all fixed by then.
Cyprus is not on "red list" so will not be giving them my money so easily!

I try not to follow the mainstream news, but looking on the gov site it says you need a test booked for 2nd and 8th day.
mrk123

Post by mrk123 »

Wensbry wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:13 pm
mrk123 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:49 pm I have just booked with BA (300% cheaper than all the others for once).

And a screen flashed up saying I need to also do a test on 2nd and 8th day.. And have them booked... Well this is just more of a farce!

Anyone else had to do this flying back??
It is a UK requirement when arriving from Cyprus that you self isolate for ten days and pre book tests for days 2 and 8. Cost for the two tests is approx £200.
In addition you can pay extra to test on day 5 so that you exit isolation on day 7. If you do this they do not refund the prepaid tests.
You need to enter the test booking reference on the UK flight locator form so there is no way to avoid it.
Is the NHS test not an option on here?
brianh

Post by brianh »

Wensbry is correct in his response as regards current UK Gov requirements for entries from Cyprus. If matters change and Cyprus is placed on the Red List, that will then require staying in a Government Quarantine Hotel for 10 days at a cost of £1,750 an adult, or £2,400 for a couple.....test costs included!
mrk123

Post by mrk123 »

brianh wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:25 pm Wensbry is correct in his response as regards current UK Gov requirements for entries from Cyprus. If matters change and Cyprus is placed on the Red List, that will then require staying in a Government Quarantine Hotel for 10 days at a cost of £1,750 an adult, or £2,400 for a couple.....test costs included!
Well I can't see that happening.. Cyprus is one of the 'safest' countries... Although would not surprise me with that shambles of a government.
andytspencer

Post by andytspencer »

Booked the 2 & 8 day test without checking on trustpilot but then checked - nearly impossible to find a firm with more than 2 stars - everyone reported a shambles
mrk123

Post by mrk123 »

andytspencer wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:41 pm Booked the 2 & 8 day test without checking on trustpilot but then checked - nearly impossible to find a firm with more than 2 stars - everyone reported a shambles
So what is your point?
mrk123

Post by mrk123 »

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... nal-travel

How the Test to Release scheme works
If you arrive in England from somewhere outside the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man you must quarantine for 10 days on arrival.

Under the Test to Release scheme you can choose to pay for a private COVID-19 test. If the result is negative, you can end your quarantine.

You cannot take a test until you have been in England for 5 full days.
andytspencer

Post by andytspencer »

Was trying to say be careful whom you book with, some want you to take the test at the airport, some offer a test done at a pharmacy (apparently you can leave home for a medical appointment)
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

You can only leave home for a medical appointment if you have permission via and SMS.
Trev..
brianh

Post by brianh »

Trevhill. The thread relates to arrival, once in the UK, for which the UK does not operate the SMS system.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Is it also true that if you arrive in the UK with proof of 2 ( anti Covid) vaccinations all the above pfaff still applies? It seems to me that until the UK population is fully vaccinated and all this expensive inconvenience is dropped, it is better to delay visiting the UK!

Dee
mrk123

Post by mrk123 »

Kili01 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:56 am Is it also true that if you arrive in the UK with proof of 2 ( anti Covid) vaccinations all the above pfaff still applies? It seems to me that until the UK population is fully vaccinated and all this expensive inconvenience is dropped, it is better to delay visiting the UK!

Dee
I am not visiting, I am moving back for a short while.
mrk123

Post by mrk123 »

andytspencer wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:37 pm Was trying to say be careful whom you book with, some want you to take the test at the airport, some offer a test done at a pharmacy (apparently you can leave home for a medical appointment)
How can you take at the airport, when you arrive? This does not surprise me, another total fu** up by the uk tory scum!
andytspencer

Post by andytspencer »

The one firm want you to a drive through on day 0 at the airport and the same again drive through at the airport on day 8
mrk123

Post by mrk123 »

andytspencer wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:45 am The one firm want you to a drive through on day 0 at the airport and the same again drive through at the airport on day 8
andytspencer wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:45 am The one firm want you to a drive through on day 0 at the airport and the same again drive through at the airport on day 8
I fly into Heathrow and drive to chester... So that aint happening..

There's a ton of misinformation and fear mongering around this whole covid thing, more misinformation than anything.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Best to keep this page of info in your Favourites list:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quar ... in-england
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

mrk123 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:48 am
I fly into Heathrow and drive to chester... So that aint happening..

There's a ton of misinformation and fear mongering around this whole covid thing, more misinformation than anything.
My brother ordered tests for my parents from a company called Live Covid testing £175 per person
The tests were waiting for them when they arrived at their new address
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
andytspencer

Post by andytspencer »

Currently livecovidtesting report out of stock for day 2 and day 8 test
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

andytspencer wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:21 pm Currently livecovidtesting report out of stock for day 2 and day 8 test
If you go on Gov.UK they show lots of providers of day 2 and day 8 PCR tests
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no