Vaccine centre at the general

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Sadie

Vaccine centre at the general

Post by Sadie »

Morning all
I’m having my vaccine tomorrow at the general hospital, is it easy to find where to go?
Thank you 😊
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
memory man

Re: Vaccine centre at the general

Post by memory man »

Originally posted by trevnhil:-
Regarding where at the General... Down the right hand corridor, and on the left nearly at the end. It has a notice there ..
Lazydaze52

Post by Lazydaze52 »

Had my second jab this morning. Looked quite busy but was called in within a couple of minutes of my appointment time. Very efficient.

When you approach the vaccination rooms the first room is for the second jab, the room further along is for the first jab and there is a very large sign at that door.
Mighty Sprite

Post by Mighty Sprite »

This is misinformation. I had my second jab at the General last week and it was in the second room.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

memory man wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:43 am Originally posted by trevnhil:-
Regarding where at the General... Down the right hand corridor, and on the left nearly at the end. It has a notice there ..
As i am not a frequent visitor to the general, copying “Down the right hand corridor “ isn’t that helpful, but thanks I’m sure I’ll find it
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
memory man

Post by memory man »

Apologies for not being clearer.

I did my best in trying to help. :cry:
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Hi Sadie.. You need to go in the entrance nearest the main road and near the two car parks..
This entrance is next to and behind the Cafe .. As you go through the doors turn right and go down the corridor on your right hand side.. As you get to see the T junction at the end of the corridor you will be passing the Vaccine Rooms on the left.. They are well signed.. Usually there is a nurse/doctor in the corridor making sure only the correct people with appointments go in the rooms, but this is not always so.. Good Luck, I had both my jabs there and it is/was well organised..
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Hi Sadie,
As you enter the front of the hospital through the glass doors, you will usually see queues of
People queuing to register to your left. You will see the corridor to the right, walk down it and you will see chairs in the corridor for those waiting. When I went for my vaccination, it was the room on the left. The process was well organised, probably someone will come out of the room with a list. You will then be told what do to.
Don't worry, its all straightforward.
Dee
Lazydaze52

Post by Lazydaze52 »

Mighty Sprite, not unless they have swapped rooms around, I was there this morning. Going along the corridor from the main entrance, the two vaccination clinics are on the left hand side and the first room you come to (with the large fridges) were giving the second vaccinations, the first jabs were being given in the next room up the corridor, and that is how it was when I had my first jab.

Sadie, there is someone at each door with a list so you can check with them to make sure, plus they shout your name out when it’s your turn. If, like me, you had never been to the hospital before there is a large visitors car park behind the hospital if you can’t get parked at the front.
Mighty Sprite

Post by Mighty Sprite »

Your vaccination appointment for the General states whether it is room "A" or "B".

Check the sign next to the two doors. It isn't rocket science!