Annual Military Exercise - Monday and Tuesday

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
galexinda

Annual Military Exercise - Monday and Tuesday

Post by galexinda »

A large scale annual military exercise codenamed Onisilos-Gideon 2021 got underway Monday to test the island’s air defence capability as part of the cooperation between Cyprus and Israel.

The exercise is directed and coordinated by the National Guard General Staff Air Force Command in cooperation with the Israeli Air Force, began on Monday, the Cyprus Defence Ministry said. Air manoeuvres by Israeli jets will occur within the Nicosia FIR and a large area of the Republic of Cyprus territory, concluding on Tuesday.

https://www.financialmirror.com/2021/04 ... -exercise/
Lincoln

Re: Annual Military Exercise - Monday and Tuesday

Post by Lincoln »

The fighter Jets screamed over really low yesterday evening. Very noisy.
All things are possible
Paul

Post by Paul »

Just had 4 jets over Choulou, It made your chest rumble!!
Minerva

Post by Minerva »

Was sitting outside this morning - lovely weather - when two planes flew nearby us - no problem. Then a 3rd one came directly over the house SO CLOSE that I could see the Pilot! It was SO LOUD and made the house shake! I was shaking for ages afterwards. I know Theletra is quite high up - but the Planes shouldn't be THAT close to houses. x
Ruth x

Qui Me Amat, Amet et canem meum
WHL

Post by WHL »

Minerva wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:45 pm Was sitting outside this morning - lovely weather - when two planes flew nearby us - no problem. Then a 3rd one came directly over the house SO CLOSE that I could see the Pilot! It was SO LOUD and made the house shake! I was shaking for ages afterwards. I know Theletra is quite high up - but the Planes shouldn't be THAT close to houses. x
I suppose thats what is called flying under the radar , part of the training.