YELLOW SLIP - DIP IN UK AND BACK

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
mrk123

YELLOW SLIP - DIP IN UK AND BACK

Post by mrk123 »

I am resident of cyprus, with yellow slip, had it since November.
Currently in Cyprus.
I want to go back to the UK for 2 or 3 weeks.
Then drive back to cyprus with certain belongings in a van.
I know they have issues getting out at the moment.

Would I be able to use my yellow slip to get out, should there be any issues?

Are people able to leave UK now?
WHL

Re: YELLOW SLIP - DIP IN UK AND BACK

Post by WHL »

You dont need any colour slip to get out, you just need as passport, and any covid tests the UK requires
Last edited by WHL on Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky Lady

Post by Lucky Lady »

Whilst you will be able to get out of Cyprus I can't imagine too many European countries would allow you to drive through them with a van full of stuff. Most of Europe are in some sort of lockdown with closed borders. Also, how do you propose getting to Cyprus, you will not be allowed to come in via the North.
Good Luck anyway. 🙂
mrk123

Post by mrk123 »

Lucky Lady wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:29 am Whilst you will be able to get out of Cyprus I can't imagine too many European countries would allow you to drive through them with a van full of stuff. Most of Europe are in some sort of lockdown with closed borders. Also, how do you propose getting to Cyprus, you will not be allowed to come in via the North.
Good Luck anyway. 🙂
Ah great, this is why I am here.

Do you can leave the UK now? I was told only under certain circumstances?

I would hope my yellow slip would tell them I have a right to travel to get to my home (all sounding a bit WW2 this aint it).

And as for travel, a boat from Greece???

Are there options to get boats out of Cyprus to Greece by the way???

Also, friends who are travelling in a van at the moment, currently in Bulgaria, came from Greece. So they don't seem to have issues.
WHL

Post by WHL »

There are boats that can bring your van from Greece but you will have to fly over.
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

WHL wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:45 am You dont need any colour slip to get out, you just need as passport, and any covid tests the UK requires
I suspect the OP means how can he get out of the UK before May 17th.

As I read it, if you have a holiday home abroad and are selling it, or getting it ready to sell, that's a sufficient reason to leave. How you work that rule in to suit your position is anyone's guess. Perhaps a Cyprus estate agent can help by pretending your house is for sale??? 8-)
WHL

Post by WHL »

DavidatLWH wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:18 pm
WHL wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:45 am You dont need any colour slip to get out, you just need as passport, and any covid tests the UK requires

As I read it, if you have a holiday home abroad and are selling it, or getting it ready to sell, that's a sufficient reason to leave. How you work that rule in to suit your position is anyone's guess. Perhaps a Cyprus estate agent can help by pretending your house is for sale??? 8-)
After reading it again, I get it, originally I thought he was asking how to leave Cyprus.
mrk123

Post by mrk123 »

WHL wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:40 pm
DavidatLWH wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:18 pm

After reading it again, I get it, originally I thought he was asking how to leave Cyprus.
I suppose that was one small aspect of the original question.

However, after getting a price from that ferry company for 750 euros for a small car from Cyprus to Greece it's a big fat no for me...

However, what I want to know now, is are brits allowed to leave the UK either normally or, if as I have described, wave my yellow slip at borders control and shout

"don't you know who I am?! I am a resident of Cyprus! Now let me out!"

?
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

For the current rules on what the UK requires for a British person to leave the UK( which is currenttly forbidden unless you can produce an acceptable reason for urgent travel) Your best bet is to contact the BHC in Nicosia. They should be able to tell you.

Dee
mrk123

Post by mrk123 »

Kili01 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:39 pm For the current rules on what the UK requires for a British person to leave the UK( which is currenttly forbidden unless you can produce an acceptable reason for urgent travel) Your best bet is to contact the BHC in Nicosia. They should be able to tell you.

Dee
https://www.visahq.com/united-kingdom/embassy/cyprus/

These guys??

Also if I live in Cyprus wouldn't that be enough of a reason?
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

The "yellow slip" is not an ID document; it's only a permit to reside. I would respectfully suggest that you hire a container, fill it with the vehicle and your personal belongings. Two or three weeks later, it will be outside your house in Cyprus, hassle free. The
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

The answer is yes if you fly both ends. You can travel to the UK but must adhere to the current regs. This means having a negative test before you fly and then purchasing (before you fly) the 2 test pack which requires you to complete a test on days 2 and 8. You will be required to self isolate at home in the UK for 10 days. See link below. Then, as a Cyprus resident with your MEU1 or 3 yellow slip, you are able to return to Cyprus having completed the Cyprus Flight Pass as a resident (test on arrival)

The UK entry test pack https://www.gov.uk/guidance/providers-o ... l-arrivals
The online delclaration form UK which must be completed (see reason below) https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... ation-form
The Cyprus Flight Pass which must be completed for your exit https://cyprusflightpass.gov.cy/

Reason for International travel from UK per the Declaration link:

Non-UK resident who has been in UK temporarily, including transit passengers
If you do not permanently reside in the UK and are in England temporarily, you would have a permitted reason to leave the UK.

Recommended evidence: passport, identification card, drivers licence, travel itinerary and tickets, or other appropriate documentation.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
mrk123

Post by mrk123 »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:44 pm BEFORE doing anything with regard to bringing goods or vehicles over you need to talk with a competent Import agent. It was bad enough when the UK was in the EU, but you simply cannot afford to bring goods here unless you have been thoughly advised on all the correct documentation to accompany your transfers. Otherwise your goods could be impounded by Customes, or you will be asked to pay a huge VAT bill on the Customs-assessed value of your possessions.

Many moons ago our Import and Export agent in Nicosia was instrumental in helping one of the forum members bring their personal possessions over from the UK and I am more than happy to give you his details. Small one man business, so very fair on prices.
I will be flying to UK, and driving back to Cyprus..
With van..
So you telling me they will go in the van at Cyprus customs, assess value of goods in van, and charge me 19% vat and 10% duties on all of my possessions ?

That would not actually surprise me with this county, but surely that is not true?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Why should it not be true.. They go in containers to see what is there or at least check the manifest list..
Then of course you have to register the vehicle here if you are keeping it in this country

Trev..
Trev..
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

1. There is no import duty on pre-owned used personal effects into Cyprus, it be beneficial if you have the original receipts.

2. The access to Cyprus by driving is via Turkey and then into the occupied North who may give you grief for importing your possessions - there is no RoRo service from Greece to Cyprus. (The intended Ferry service franchise had no bids)

3. The simplest way would be to pop it all into a container, again, if you have all of the receipts it’ll be beneficial.
jeba

Post by jeba »

The Aquila wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:50 pm 2. The access to Cyprus by driving is via Turkey and then into the occupied North who may give you grief for importing your possessions - there is no RoRo service from Greece to Cyprus. (The intended Ferry service franchise had no bids)
Are you allowed to enter Cyprus via the North if you´re not an EU citizen?
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

jeba wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:57 pm
The Aquila wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:50 pm 2. The access to Cyprus by driving is via Turkey and then into the occupied North who may give you grief for importing your possessions - there is no RoRo service from Greece to Cyprus. (The intended Ferry service franchise had no bids)
Not sure but it didn’t stop the Turks!
WHL

Post by WHL »

You can enter the occupied north, but you will not be allowed to bring your car over. Let alone a van stuffed with goods.
WHL

Post by WHL »

mrk123 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:19 pm
Happy in Cyprus wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:44 pm BEFORE doing anything with regard to bringing goods or vehicles over you need to talk with a competent Import agent. It was bad enough when the UK was in the EU, but you simply cannot afford to bring goods here unless you have been thoughly advised on all the correct documentation to accompany your transfers. Otherwise your goods could be impounded by Customes, or you will be asked to pay a huge VAT bill on the Customs-assessed value of your possessions.

Many moons ago our Import and Export agent in Nicosia was instrumental in helping one of the forum members bring their personal possessions over from the UK and I am more than happy to give you his details. Small one man business, so very fair on prices.
I will be flying to UK, and driving back to Cyprus..
With van..
So you telling me they will go in the van at Cyprus customs, assess value of goods in van, and charge me 19% vat and 10% duties on all of my possessions ?

That would not actually surprise me with this county, but surely that is not true?

Tell me one country on the planet, where customs would not check what you are bringing into the country,
and then not charge you any relevant duty..... got a feeling you are in for a few surprises, on your road trip, good luck, you are going to need it.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

WHL wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:03 pm
You can enter the occupied north, but you will not be allowed to bring your car over. Let alone a van stuffed with goods.
Not sure on that WHL as I know people who have driven from the UK to live there and also people that have left Cyprus and driven there with there goods.