Covid jab appointment

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Covid jab appointment

Post by WHL »

Morning all, has anyone tried to book an appointment today, and been successful?
TonyL

Re: Covid jab appointment

Post by TonyL »

Yes used the GESY Portal. All worked fine.
Galini

Post by Galini »

Me too. Used the Portal at 8.05am and apart from it being a bit slow, which I put down to being due to volume of people signing in, I had no problems booking an appointment
WHL

Post by WHL »

Finaly got it to work, thanks for your replys
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

The covid section seems to have disappeared from my portal
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
daveg

Post by daveg »

Apparently it's now on the GESY home page ....
WHL

Post by WHL »

daveg wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:41 pm Apparently it's now on the GESY home page ....
Correct, below
holitec

Post by holitec »

I managed to book ours on Monday, but for some reason I could not link my gesy record (mistake on my arc number on the gesy system), so my doctor did it and booked for me.

Had my first AZ jab yesterday - no problems, 2nd booked for the 23 June.

It was on the main home page as above.

Digby
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

There appears to be some confusion with regards to SMS messages informing people when the GESY Portal will next be open for certain age groups to book an appointment and the message informing them of the date, time and location of the vaccination.

Quite a crowd turned up at Palia Ilektriki this morning at 8.00 am thinking they were going to have the vaccination whereas the notification actually stated the GESY Portal was open from 8.00am.

No, this was not an April Fool's joke!
WHL

Post by WHL »

Went for my jab this morning, turned up at 8.30am for a 8.45am appointment, where I was met with about 200 odd people waiting out side, all clumbed together by the front door, where a lady would come outside every ten minutes, call out some names and go back in, they were running about an hour late, once inside it was very well organised took about ten minutes wait to have jab then another ten sitting there with a doctor in attendance.
I was also suprised at how many under 65s were there, with quite a few very obese, guess they would come under the vulnerable .
Paul

Post by Paul »

I went to the doctors this morning and asked about the covid jab as I am 64, and the doctors receptionist booked me for the jab this Wednesday morning.
That was quick and easy!
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

I went through the process of registering with GESY but when speaking to the Drs secretary she explained I needed to exchange my S1 for the Cypriot medical however after waiting 20 mins on hold to UK pensions dept. I was informed due to not receiving my UK state pension I was not eligible for the S1. However I was informed by GESY that I could apply by email to the MIO for my vaccination.this I did 3 weeks ago got the call Wednesday had my first jab of Astra Zeneca yesterday. Next one end of June, Hats of to the Cyprus medical system !!