Good morning to a wet Thursday

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
aphrodite

Good morning to a wet Thursday

Post by aphrodite »

Let's hope it brightens up later.
Enigma

Re: Good morning to a wet Thursday

Post by Enigma »

It is milder today though, 17 deg in the office this morning which is better than what it has been the last few days, around 14.5 deg.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

We will be thankful for the rain, in July & August. Perhaps some of it could fall then instead of all now! :roll: :lol:
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Jimgym wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:14 am We will be thankful for the rain, in July & August. Perhaps some of it could fall then instead of all now! :roll: :lol:
Just be thankful the reservoirs are filling up otherwise Summer would have been a lot more uncomfortable than usual!

Shane
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

It is wet isn't it? I am in the process of writing the Weather page, and it keeps getting data from weatherunderground.com. It is hard to test when all the data says the same thing. Rain rain rain rain rain
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Particularly miserable. From our side of Polemi, the village keeps vanishing in mist of misery. Or is it just my eyes? Dog not happy, zero chance of going out in this.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Our bunny is the same. He was out in his run for a bit yesterday though. I had to chase a cat off that was stalking him. I need to find somewhere that sells catapults.
memory man

Post by memory man »

Dominic wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:45 am I need to find somewhere that sells catapults.
Water pistol is better.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Not when you are trying to make a pun with the word cat.

A waterpistol would be a very good idea though, and easily attainable.
johnoddy

Post by johnoddy »

With cats I find a shotgun so much more effective and permanent :lol: .........(before I get lynched that was a joke by the way!)
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

It just occurred to me this morning that when it rains now, it brings a smile to my face! In the UK, it would bring misery. I'm off to see if the Water Development Board have updated their figures yet this morning. Here's the link for those of you who don't yet have it bookmarked ...
http://www.moa.gov.cy/moa/wdd/Wdd.nsf/r ... enDocument
Just over 12MCM inflow - almost equal to the total inflow for the whole 2013/14 year, a very good start.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Johnoddy

Not funny !
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

The annoying thing about all the rain which we have had is that so far it hasn't filled up the reservoirs as much as I had hoped! On checking the Govt's water storage in the reservours table, the Asprokremnos Dam as of yesterday was 36.5% full. This time last year it was near 70% full! Hopefully when the snow on Troodos melts the water run off should help to boost the water levels in the reservoirs.... But we still need a lot more rain between now and April to fill then completely!
Dee
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Dee, don't pay too much attention to their percentages - even my dodgy maths can work out that, for example, the Chrysochou percentages are wrong - 33.7 + 50.9 + 93.4 + 36.2 make an average of 53.55 not their quoted 36.4 :roll:
I'm more interested in the inflow figures for this water year as compared to previous years.
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

PW in Polemi wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:42 am Dee, don't pay too much attention to their percentages - even my dodgy maths can work out that, for example, the Chrysochou percentages are wrong - 33.7 + 50.9 + 93.4 + 36.2 make an average of 53.55 not their quoted 36.4 :roll:
I'm more interested in the inflow figures for this water year as compared to previous years.
Sorry PW but you are wrong here. You do NOT add up the different percentages. You calculate the percentage of the total as per today with the total capacity. So 9.512 = 36,4% of the total capacity of 26,148
Louise :)