Easyjet

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
El tel

Easyjet

Post by El tel »

I was surprised to receive an email from EasyJet this morning advising that my flight from Bristol to Paphos on the 22nd May has been cancelled. I had moved my flight from early May to this date on the assumption flights from the U.K. were starting on the 17th May. Anyone else had a similar email as I know from experience it is difficult to get information from airlines. Thanks.

Terry
Kili01

Re: Easyjet

Post by Kili01 »

If you check the Govt's figures you will see that there has been a substantial rise recently of cases of the virus, mainly in Limassol. I don't know whether this fact may affect EasyJets decision to put back the date of its resumption of flights. In any case hasn't the British Gov said that the earliest that Brits can travel abroad is the 15th May - and even this date isn't set in stone yet?
It's equally unsettling to those of us living in Cyprus who keep having flights to the UK cancelled by EasyJet.
Dee
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

I got this on my News feed on Saturday afternoon and Cyprus was previously on this list but not anymore.

These are the countries most likely to open for Brits this summer -
LAURA HAMPSON
Yahoo News
13 March 2021, 4:03 pm

While international travel has been touch-and-go since the pandemic hit over a year ago, the lockdown easing roadmap that Boris Johnson announced last week has given us a refreshed hope that we might be able to see parts of Europe again this summer.

According to the roadmap, we could begin to travel to Europe again as early as May 17 before all restrictions on international travel cease on June 21.
However, these dates are subject to change and the aviation minister, Robert Courts has told MPs that international travel may now start later than May 17.

Greece
Spain
Portugal While Portugal is still currently on our “red list”, which means that anyone coming to the UK from Portugal at present needs to quarantine in a hotel for two weeks, this will hopefully be reversed by summer.
Seychelles
The Maldives
El tel

Post by El tel »

Just a quick follow up , I have now rebooked the flights and the earliest for a Saturday is the 5th June , so perhaps the 1st June is the starting date.

Terry
J B

Post by J B »

Hmm
Moved ours from October to 1st May .... then to 3rd June (MAN - PFO) so hoping to go then .... 🤞
J B
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

nholleran wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:08 pm We have our MEU1 so can get into Cyprus i think but cant find any flights from the UK into Cyprus preferably into Paphos had ours now cancelled 5 times now with Easyjet to the 22nd May from Manchester not cancelled as yet and just keep moving them back, its a bloody mare. Just want to over now.
Skyscanner is showing a flight into Larnaca on Thursday and also on Sunday direct from Heathrow with BA.

Might be worth investigating?
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Just checked easyJet and jet2 , Manchester to paphos .
Attachments
BF17C452-86DB-4844-9DD2-F682F25E1502.jpeg
BF17C452-86DB-4844-9DD2-F682F25E1502.jpeg (135.97 KiB) Viewed 7568 times
35F2318A-4E22-49C6-9330-5185311AC041.jpeg
35F2318A-4E22-49C6-9330-5185311AC041.jpeg (127.92 KiB) Viewed 7568 times
CyprusSue

Post by CyprusSue »

The only flight leaving the UK at the moment are British Airways - Heathrow to Larnaca - Thursdays and Sundays. I'm a legal resident and recently flew back to Cyprus on one of these flights. Current rules state, that on landing you undergo a PCR Covid Test.... a 7 day hotel isolation, another test, then 3 days isolation at home.
CyprusSue

Post by CyprusSue »

You're very welcome nholleran.....hope you get something sorted out soon.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

As Cyprus Sue wrote BA from Heathrow to Larnaca are the only airline operating. A friend of mine travelled on a BA flight back to UK a few weeks ago. Cost £400 for flt, she said no food in flight, so take your own.
EasyJet won't fly to PFO until the UK allows people to take holidays abroad.....

Dee
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

If anyone is champing to get to Cyprus please bear in mind that the cases of the virus here are now at an all time high, thanks to some idiotic, thoughtless people in Limassol who have tried to ignore the Covid restrictions. They were partying last week end one gathering was 1500 people who weren't wearing masks or socially distancing.
The hospitals are full or very nearly so. Cyprus is on the UK's red zone at present.
Dee
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

HIC, perhaps in your haste to post you haven't read what the current situation here is.
Dee
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

HIC,
Have you read that the hospitals are now nearly full of Covid patients? Not many deaths now as older people have had 1 or2 doses of vaccine. So most cases are younger folks now. But even so some are in need of ICU’s.
Re the rapid antigen tests, the Govt are testing many of the workers on a weekly basis, also trying to find cases of Covid in the community in order to isolate them before they infect all contacts. We now have the Kent virus here ex U.K. which is supposed to be much more infectious.
You seem to be unusually augmentative!
Dee
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

You seem to be unusually augmentative!
Dee - ??????

What do you mean "unusually" ? - HIC would argue with himself if he couldn't find anyone else to have a go at.
Ams

Post by Ams »

And it's not just about covid deaths.

We don't know how many people have suffered from long covid, where they keep struggling with their health for months after 'recovering'/getting negative results. Or how many will end up with chronic conditions from having been ill with covid.

The other concern is that the more people ill with covid in hospital (even if they all eventually recover), the less hospitals can cope with people who have other conditions/emergencies, which could lead to unnecessary deaths.

And if cases haven't gone down with the measures we had, they're not going to go down now we have less measures.

I don't like to be negative, and I am trying to find the balance between getting on with enjoying my life and being careful, and I will be going out out to eat as long as I can sit outside, but you can't write covid off as not being serious with the "only 1% of people die" statistic.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Hospitals almost full? They announced recently capacity had been more than doubled from the 200 limit that was the trigger for lock down at the start of new year, total hospitalised has fallen for the last 3 days from 221 to the 204 reported last night.

Ian
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Why are the hospitals cancelling Operations then ???
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Not long ago they were at 96% capacity.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Trevor

I would think that if one's surgery isn't essential, hospital is the last place you would want to be.

A neighbour of mine lost his wife to Covid 19 on Boxing Day, after she had been admitted with another complaint entirely. I would avoid hospitals like the plague right now. Maybe the powers that be know the risks you would be subjected to.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

I would have to agree with the above comment. A friend of mine went into hospital in the UK with a blood condition and whilst there contracted Covid19 and died.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.