Gallblader

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Reesy

Gallblader

Post by Reesy »

I have been told that I might need to have my Gallbladder removed...does anyone have any experience this operation..good or bad. Thanks..
alewfin1

Re: Gallblader

Post by alewfin1 »

I had mine removed at the Iasis a few years ago and have had no problems since.

Before the operation I was in severe pain.
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

I had mine done quite some years ago at the Blue Cross MC. No problems experienced at all and never had any problems since.
Louise :)
Polly

Post by Polly »

I have recently undergone an ultrasound for possible gallstones. Nothing found but previously I did google gallbladder removal and it seems that here it is performed by laparoscopy even at the General, which I understand equates to shorter stay in hospital and shorter recovery time.
Jb1960

Post by Jb1960 »

I had mine removed at the Iasis a few years ago as well. Again no problems since it was removed. Mine was badly infected and resulted in a week in hospital initially to bring the infection under control. I spent another week in hospital for the operation as well as the infection had flared up again. Whilst the intention was to remove it using key hole surgery because of the infection, this was not possible. I have a nice scar as a result. Having seen the size of some of the stones removed and the rough shape like coral no wonder I was in such pain. Worst bit was being checked every four hours through the night and when they changed the saline and morphine bags resulting in disturbed sleep.
kansas

Post by kansas »

I had mine removed over 20 years ago, so not in Cyprus. I was in severe pain on and off for several years before the op. I had keyhole surgery so it was very quick and neat. I was eating a full English breakfast the following morning in the hospital, and within a week I was eating curries. I had several stones, and was told that my gallbladder was 'grim' hence the removal. I was so pleased I had it done.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Wife had it removed about ten years ago at Larnaca general, using key hole surgery, no gesy then it cost about three grand if i remember correctly.