Vaccines for Non GESY

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Lofos-Jan

Vaccines for Non GESY

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Good news that people who are not in GESY who have sent the relevant forms to the Ministry of Health are finally being contacted direct for their vaccinations despite not getting any form of written approval. So they will get around to those who have submitted them.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
jeba

Re: Vaccines for Non GESY

Post by jeba »

Do you happen to know who will contact them if they aren't registered with a GP?
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

This is the application process for non GESY applications and I have read on FB that people are contacted direct by the MOH with the appointment details.

https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/uplo ... iaries.pdf

MINISTRY OF HEALTH
ADMINISTRATION
1 Prodromou & Chilonos Street 17
1448 Nicosia, Cyprus
Call Center: 00357 22 605 300/301
Email Address: perm.sec@moh.gov.cy
andytspencer

Post by andytspencer »

Sent an email in February to both email addresses covidvac and ncpcrossborder, got a call this morning for a vaccine next week.Didn't get a reply to email but it worked (I'm 74).
jeba

Post by jeba »

Shouldn´t the age group of 74s have been called weeks ago already, seeing that I read they were down to the 67s already?
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

jeba - the problem is many people of the eligible age are unable to book an appointment - first come, first served - and in the meantime the age group has been lowered.
jeba

Post by jeba »

galexinda wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:00 pm jeba - the problem is many people of the eligible age are unable to book an appointment - first come, first served - and in the meantime the age group has been lowered.
Which seems to me like putting non-GESYers at a disadvantage. We should have access to a website as well, so we can get an idea when it will be our turn. It would help in deciding whether to go to your home country in order to get your jab sooner. If I was British I´d probably have returned to the UK by now for that purpose. Or bought a canoe and paddled to Gibraltar :lol:
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I don't think you are disadvantaged when you can actually register for the vaccine, and the registrations are being accepted and acted upon.

Those who are in Gesy have had to register to get join, and then they have had to register for a vaccine time and date..
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

It seems to me, some people dont want to sign up and pay something towards, GESY, yet they want the advantages GESY gives its members.
jeba

Post by jeba »

WHL wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:49 am It seems to me, some people dont want to sign up and pay something towards, GESY, yet they want the advantages GESY gives its members.
Why would someone who already has health insurance from another member state (and who pays for that!) want to pay for GESY as well? My point is that GESY shouldn´t provide advantages over those who haven´t joined!
jeba

Post by jeba »

trevnhil wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:16 am I don't think you are disadvantaged when you can actually register for the vaccine, and the registrations are being accepted and acted upon.

Those who are in Gesy have had to register to get join, and then they have had to register for a vaccine time and date..
That is where I feel disadvantaged. I can´t register to make an appointment (because there is no website to do so) but have to sit and wait hoping they won´t forget me while others who are younger than me might already get their appointments.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Gesy will provide you with an appointment to have the Vaccine if only you will apply using the link that has been posted twice above.. jeba let me aske you a question.. have you sent the form off yet ??
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

jeba wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:00 am
WHL wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:49 am It seems to me, some people dont want to sign up and pay something towards, GESY, yet they want the advantages GESY gives its members.
Why would someone who already has health insurance from another member state (and who pays for that!) want to pay for GESY as well? My point is that GESY shouldn´t provide advantages over those who haven´t joined!
If your not in the club, then dont expect the benefits that come with that club, If you are happy to pay in to the German health system whilst choosing to live over here, then look to them to get your jab, is the simple answer.
jeba

Post by jeba »

I am in the club. The name of the club is EU and all it´s members should have the same rights (except for voting).
WHL

Post by WHL »

jeba wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:43 am I am in the club. The name of the club is EU and all it´s members should have the same rights (except for voting).
So if I turn up in Germany tomorrow , I will get the same treatment, as a German living there and paying into the German health system,,,,,, I dont think so.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Ha ha ha... I don't think so Either WHL. I just don't understand why jeba does not send the form in..
Trev..
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

I sent in the form as a non GESY member for the vaccine although I did register with GESY and got to call a Dr who explained several things I was unaware of until applying. Since I am not yet drawing my UK state pension , I am 65 yr old got 2 more yrs as the Pensions rules stand, I was therefore not able to obtain an S1 to exchange for a Cyprus medical card. So that was the end of my GESY registration. So will continue with my private medical insurance and await the call for my vaccination if it is accepted.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I can see no reason why you will not be accepted, because the Medical people here Have made provision for non Gesy registered people getting the vaccine..
Trev..
jeba

Post by jeba »

WHL wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:00 pm
jeba wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:43 am I am in the club. The name of the club is EU and all it´s members should have the same rights (except for voting).
So if I turn up in Germany tomorrow , I will get the same treatment, as a German living there and paying into the German health system,,,,,, I dont think so.
Of course, you will, provided you have an MEU1. The registration portal is the same for everyone. The vaccinations are a duty of the state, not of any health insurance. Germany is even prioritising refugees living in compounds as their risk is assumed to be higher since social distancing is more difficult there.