What is going on with these age related Covid vaccines?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Lucky Lady

Re: What is going on with these age related Covid vaccines?

Post by Lucky Lady »

I have to agree with HIC - my age group came up yesterday, after logging in to GESY the site crashed a couple of times, but perseverance pays off - got through to the booking section, had a choice of multiple dates and got my jab this afternoon at Paleo Electrico. However, after securing an appointment for me I then tried to get one for my partner - the only ones available were for next week at the General. Overall I am more than happy- the GESY site is excellent, so let's give Cyprus a pat on the back instead of knocking it.😄😄 Unfortunately the actual supply of the vaccine is probably limited, but this is not necessarily the fault of Cyprus.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:31 pm Hells bells, we had more difficulty yesterday booking seasts online with BA than we did on the GESY website.
I have been looking at BA for a trip back to the U.K. . The way I read it you need a covid test up to 3 day’s max before you board the plane in Cyprus . Is one of the free ones that we can get acceptable ?
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

No, from what I read on the recent Gov.UK, Cyprus Travel Advice website, they require a PCR test. A friend traveling BA to the UK recently was also asked to pay an extra £280 to pay for 2 more PCR tests on the 2nd and 8th days of quarantine in the UK. There is a compulsory 10 day quarantine as well.

Dee
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Thanks Dee , good information .
jeba

Post by jeba »

Lucky Lady wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:37 pm I have to agree with HIC - my age group came up yesterday, after logging in to GESY the site crashed a couple of times, but perseverance pays off - got through to the booking section, had a choice of multiple dates and got my jab this afternoon at Paleo Electrico. However, after securing an appointment for me I then tried to get one for my partner - the only ones available were for next week at the General. Overall I am more than happy- the GESY site is excellent, so let's give Cyprus a pat on the back instead of knocking it.😄😄 Unfortunately the actual supply of the vaccine is probably limited, but this is not necessarily the fault of Cyprus.
What age group is currently having their turn? And what happened to Anastasiades´s announcement as of a few weeks ago that he wants to source vaccine from Israel?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

As you probably know from the answer to your same question on the Eastern Forum, they are still doing 69+.
Trev..
Varky

Post by Varky »

I note that those that are praising the system are those that have been able to get on the system and get their vaccination. What about those in the higher, at risk, age groups that have not. Whilst the system, I accept, is good the way it is being applied leaves loopholes.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

In our household we have been lucky regarding having the vaccination. Both my wife and myself had our names down on a list at our GP's . We were also on a list that was made in our village ..
It just so happened that 3 weeks ago I left a question with the doctors receptionist for the doctor to answer.
When she phoned me in the afternoon I thought it was with an answer for my question. But in actual fact she was saying GO to the hospital NOW and you can have your vaccination. They had vaccine but a lack of patients. So I was in the right place at the right time and I have my second jab today.

My wife tried a few times to book via the phone line but there were no appointments left..
But then she received word from the village that if she attended the clinic there she too could have the vaccination..
So, we are fortunate that our vaccinations are sorted..
Trev..
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

I asked the administrator at the clinic we attend to see whether she could book my wife in for vaccination. I called in this morning and was told she would be vaccinated at Polis Hospital next Wednesday. Apparently the system was rather flaky when she booked and somehow we did not get a confirmation text. She is contacting Nicosia to confirm matters. Excellent and friendly service, as always.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:58 pm Wife had her vaccine at the General this morning and that went well. Unusually, she was asked for her MEU1/3, even after she had gavin them her passport. I wasn't asked for this with my jab. Just something to be aware of. Her repeat (Pfizer) jab is in 3 weeks, my Astra Zeneca is in 3 months. She commented that the Palio Elektriki operation seemed a bit better organised than the General.
HIC was it your choice to have different vaccines ?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:58 pm Wife had her vaccine at the General this morning and that went well. Unusually, she was asked for her MEU1/3, even after she had gavin them her passport. I wasn't asked for this with my jab. Just something to be aware of. Her repeat (Pfizer) jab is in 3 weeks, my Astra Zeneca is in 3 months. She commented that the Palio Elektriki operation seemed a bit better organised than the General.
I was at the General for my second vaccination this morning and I could not see how it could go any smoother.
I gave my name to the nurse outside the door and she crossed me off the list on the clip board.
I walked into the room and put my first vaccine certificate on the desk..
I had the jab.. I collected my certificate now filled in with two jabs.. I sat on a settee for 10 minutes and I came home.
Very 'slick' indeed, and I was asked for no other paperwork, just my certificate with the first jab on it..
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

This is very odd, we were told the vaccinations (by the same GP) were not being done at the General, but in the old Electric Board offices near the shoebox...we were told to park up in that muddy car park (€2) :roll:

So why the difference in where you get this jab?
Jim.
Varky

Post by Varky »

For anyone that is interested there are still open reservations in Limassol on next Thursday and Friday on the GESY portal. (Astra Zeneca)

At the Spiros Kyprianou sports centre which is on the Paphos side of Limassol. Follow the signs for Troodos
Second roundabout under the motorway, second exit and up that road.
emgee

Post by emgee »

Been trying 1474 every day....nothing.

Alan
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

When I used the 1474 telephone line I was only asked for my Gesy number, by the lady receptionist..
I certainly didn't have to give my user name and password over the telephone..
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

The same for us on Thursday but as they had no vaccines it was a pointless long phone call, maybe next week if we survive..

Lloyd I take it I am set up on GESY, as we have had medical treatment and our needed drugs with no hassle at all, on the other hand getting this jab is seemingly very hard as they have none....even for our doctor.
Jim.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I don't think that the Gesy Vaccination portal is particularly easy to
operate, unless you are experienced and handy with computers.
I got a much more 'techie' friend to help me make an appointment for mine.
And was glad that I did.

Jim, there are 2 different vaccination centres in Paphos now. One at the General, the other and larger one is at Palio Elektriki.
Dee