What is going on with these age related Covid vaccines?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
JimX

What is going on with these age related Covid vaccines?

Post by JimX »

So the GP we use told us to be at her surgery yesterday at 9am sharp, this we duly did, large queues inside no social worries but alas although I am well into my 70's and way past what we are being told is the age we should have long been inoculated, the system is rubbish no denying this, we were told to try again another day, it will be those at 50 or less then, do they care here? another wasted day out of our lives.
Jim.
Mighty Sprite

Re: What is going on with these age related Covid vaccines?

Post by Mighty Sprite »

As somebody who is clearly au fait with online stuff, why not just book your apointment through the GESY website?

I accessed the it yesterday morning and despite being bounced out a few times and having to log back in I had my appointment and was off the site by 09.15. I think the knack is not to go for one of the first slots available but to try an appointment for a couple of days later.

Considering what they are having to do i thought that the system worked reasonably well and fully expect to be vaccinated next week.
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Sorry but the system works fine. it is very easy to use the system to make your appointment for the vaccination. Why does your GP has to do that, when you can easily do it yourself. I had no problems whatsoever when making the appointments for my husband and for myself. I think the system is very good indeed.
Louise :)
daveg

Post by daveg »

Problem I've got is that my doc won't give me a code to get access to the GESY portal......
No idea why not.......
kansas

Post by kansas »

No problems here either for the two of us. We were logged out a couple of times but by 9.15 I had my appointment.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

daveg wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:10 am Problem I've got is that my doc won't give me a code to get access to the GESY portal......
No idea why not.......
What code is that?
David
alewfin1

Post by alewfin1 »

Uncle D wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:38 am
daveg wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:10 am Problem I've got is that my doc won't give me a code to get access to the GESY portal......
No idea why not.......
What code is that?
It sounds like you can't arrange a booking for a Covid vaccination through the GESY portal (which is very straightforward) because you are not registered with GESY because that's the only time your GP needs to send you a code which you enter as a one-off to create your GESY account.

However, if you have access to your GESY account you don't need your doctor to send you a code to arrange an appointment for a Covid vaccination.

The other alternative is to change your GP !
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

No idea why not.......
That's odd. Our doctor printed off ours and emailed the second ones immediately. We registered on the Gesy portal with ease and my partner has had his first jab.
daveg

Post by daveg »

Am registered with GESY just can't get access to the account on the Portal without the code from doc....
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I find it incredible that the doctor will not print out the sheet of paper to allow you to access with a code number.. Why not have another try and see if you can ask why the doctor will not give you this sheet of paper with the code number and the instructions
Trev..
clive of payia

Post by clive of payia »

Booked both of ours through our GESY doctor's secretary. Worked fine. Having our second jabs next week.
JimX

Post by JimX »

I have this morning been to the GESY portal, held on line for 10 minutes and to be told they have no further appointments or vaccines, when we asked when? they had no idea phone back another day, so even going through the Gesy portal does not help some of us, the lucky ones have been done but please do not be snide about that, I am 74 and should be vaccinated SAP....the system is rubbish.(for some of us)

Clive did the same but the portal was down all day......so even they could not help, come back another day the GP said..
Jim.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

JimX wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:53 am I have this morning been to the GESY portal, held on line for 10 minutes and to be told they have no further appointments or vaccines, when we asked when? they had no idea phone back another day, so even going through the Gesy portal does not help some of us, the lucky ones have been done but please do not be snide about that, I am 74 and should be vaccinated SAP....the system is rubbish.(for some of us)

Clive did the same but the portal was down all day......so even they could not help, come back another day the GP said..
I think there are lots of folk who need to be vaccinated SAP, lots of people who are clinically very vulnerable and not yet eligible for the vaccine.
There simply isn’t enough vaccines to go around
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
wilky

Post by wilky »

I had an appointment with my doctor at 0930 yesterday morning and the GESY system crashed a couple of times while he tried to access it before going to the doc I tried the GESY portal for my wife to get a vaccine appointment and it would not recognise here ARC number from the MEU 1 I tried the number on the GP card which has extra 0s like 05057 instead of 557 for the identifications no. and it accepted that and we got the appointment along with confirmation email which you can download to your phone or printout.Looks like they are changing the appointment system on GESY.
wilky

Post by wilky »

I had an appointment with my doctor at 0930 yesterday morning and the GESY system crashed a couple of times while he tried to access it before going to the doc I tried the GESY portal for my wife to get a vaccine appointment and it would not recognise here ARC number from the MEU 1 I tried the number on the GP card which has extra 0s like 05057 instead of 557 for the identifications no. and it accepted that and we got the appointment along with confirmation email which you can download to your phone or printout.Looks like they are changing the appointment system on GESY.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

alewfin1 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:05 am
Uncle D wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:38 am
No idea why not.......
What code is that?
It sounds like you can't arrange a booking for a Covid vaccination through the GESY portal (which is very straightforward) because you are not registered with GESY because that's the only time your GP needs to send you a code which you enter as a one-off to create your GESY account.

However, if you have access to your GESY account you don't need your doctor to send you a code to arrange an appointment for a Covid vaccination.

The other alternative is to change your GP !
Thanks, I have literally signed up to GESY this morning, was told to wait till my age group is being done then contact them
David
darrow

Post by darrow »

No idea why not.......
mine neither I have asked on numerous occasions since joining Gesy,. Of course i know how to get on the portal. I have tried 1474 every time at exactly 9a.m. Nothing! Several times throughout the day, nothing! I texted him this morning. Limmasol. I can't go there, MOH is bed bound. I need. local. I am paying out a fortune already why should i pay for two hours sitting when I can be local in 30 mins? Stupid asking everybody to apply at the same time.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

According to what I have read in the Cyprus Mail, its not just Cyprus which is short of vaccine
but all the EU countries. While the UK has more vaccine than it needs.. some EU countries have either ordered, or are thinking of ordering Sputnik5 or Sinopharm vaccines from Russia and China.
I have been on the Gesy website, but I don't think that its exactly easy or user friendly. Although some of us are better than others with computers....
Dee
alewfin1

Post by alewfin1 »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:31 pm It pays to be alert to the announcements when they come out regarding age-availability and then jump in pronto.

I believe it very unfair to rubbish the system. It worked for me as it has worked for hundreds/thousands of others.
I had my finger on the button at 09:00 for my age group and got straight in and selected the place and time without any trouble.

I was in IT for 35 years and the GESY system is one of the best I have ever seen.

The most impressive part of the very efficient vaccination process at Palio Ilektreki was receiving a text within two minutes of the jab which gave me the day and time of my second jab.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

The GESY vaccination system via the users beneficiary portal itself is very good and easy to use, but, the quantities of vaccine being made available is quite pathetic.