Gesy medication charges

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
lefkes

Gesy medication charges

Post by lefkes »

Just out of interest has anybody noticed a increase in the charge of medication ,for months I have been paying eleven euros, this month up to 18 euros which is still reasonable as I know to buy over the counter it would cost me just over 100 euros . Before Gesy I used to pay 3.5 euros a month .
Lefkes .
WHL

Re: Gesy medication charges

Post by WHL »

lefkes wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:23 pm Just out of interest has anybody noticed a increase in the charge of medication ,for months I have been paying eleven euros, this month up to 18 euros which is still reasonable as I know to buy over the counter it would cost me just over 100 euros . Before Gesy I used to pay 3.5 euros a month .
Lefkes .
Where were you paying 3.5 euros to?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Maybe 7 items at 50cent from the hospital pharmacy..
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

lefkes

Post by lefkes »

trevnhil wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:17 pm Maybe 7 items at 50cent from the hospital pharmacy..
Yes ,7 items at the general hospital for several years ..
Lefkes
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

I have a couple of repeat prescriptions and last week went in armed with my usual €2, but one item had changed from €1 to €3.88. Maria advised that a few items have changed recently. Still a bargain though.

Ian
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

My current biologic injections are in a box of 2 for a Euro, to buy OTC it would cost 650 euros 😱
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Rather than start a new post I thought I would restart this one, as it is to do with charges at the Pharmacies.
Yesterday on my way into Paphos I stopped at a Pharmacy and got some prescription items for my wife, and also other tablets and mouthwash.. When I proffered my bank card for payment I was told that Gesy prescription items had to be paid for by CASH.. Not wanting to delay my journey I paid it all by cash..
But I have not heard of this ruling before, about paying for prescription items with cash... has anyone else heard about this new ruling?
Trev..
daveg

Post by daveg »

Not a t all... always use my card....
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have up to now at a different (usual) pharmacy .. I have sent an Email enquiry to Gesy without naming the Pharmacy..
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

I dont think this is correct, wife gets the prescriptions every month, and always pays with card.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have now received a reply from Gesy about having to pay for prescriptions by cash..
" We would like to inform you that the means of payment that each provider receives for the provision of healthcare services within the GHS is their responsibility and the GHS and the Health Insurance Organization has not issued any specific guidelines regarding this specific matter. "

So it is up to each Pharmacy as to whether they accept a debit card or not. Needless to say I shall choose to go to a different Pharmacy in Future..
Trev..
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Trev, I can guess which pharmacy you mean as we have the same issue. It’s a minor irritation as I don’t always have cash but always have my watch and phone so would prefer to pay by ‘card’ wherever possible.

Ian
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Like you I also like paying for my Gesy prescriptions using my debit card.
To date I have never been asked to pay cash by a Pharmacy either.

Dee
jeba

Post by jeba »

galexinda wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:53 pm Link to latest charges from 01 February 2021:
https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/health- ... uoe2As62GY

Reasons for increase:
https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/02/18/pres ... ategories/
Will pharmacists be allowed to dispense the cheaper generic drug upon the patient´s request even if a more expensive one has been prescribed?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I am not 100% sure but I think they are able to do that if you ask for it.
Trev..