Minister Blames the People

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mike J

Minister Blames the People

Post by Mike J »

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/03/01/coro ... ster-says/
Maybe he should look at his vaccine sites first . Let me say my experience was I Limassol on on a Saturday .Friends who went during the week didn’t experience what I did at the Sports Arena site. I arrived at 0915 for my 0930 jab . There was quite a crowd outside the door with no social distancing at all . I asked what the problem was and was told they were already running 20 mins late due to the number being vaccinated . At 0940 surprisingly my name was called out and in I went . Inside there were about 40 people in a fairly small enclosed space . 5 kiosks had about 8 chairs by each on . The chairs were about 1 foot apart before people moved them to be close to the person they were accompanying . Most seemed to have a friend with them but luckily the guy at the door was refusing the many families who had accompanied their parent coming in, for some it was clearly a day out !
My queue was unmoving as the male nurse was chatting to a patient about the football.15 mins later I was in . A quick jab and back out to be told to wait 10 mins to recover. This in the same cramped room again with seating with no social distancing.so there I sat with 40+ people in a town with a seemingly rampant outbreak of what they now have confirmed as the far more contagious Kent or British mutant.most of the occupants were the most vulnerable group according to figures but there we sat like sardines in a can instead of spaced out outside in the 25C temperature with no hope of release until the time stuck on your arm came up. The fear now is I went to get a vaccine jab and might have walked away with the virus
trevnhil

Re: Minister Blames the People

Post by trevnhil »

That does not sound a good experience at all, in fact far from it.. There was little distancing at Paphos hospital but at least we were talking of around 8 or 10 people
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I had my jab at the Paphos hospital last Saturday. The hospital itself was very quiet being a weekend. Parking no problem. I parked outside at the front. The system was very efficient there.The young doctor in charge checked my MEU form and enquired about my recent health.
I then sat down in the room and waited a few minutes before being called over by the nurse.
Afterwards, I was told to sit on a chair near by where the doctor was standing. After 15 mins, he asked how I was feeling. I said OK and was allowed to leave.
My experience was relaxed, with few people around.
I left with my appointment card for the 2nd jab in 12 weeks.
Dee
kansas

Post by kansas »

I had a similar experience to Dee but went during the week when there were a lot of people around. However, the vaccination room was well organised with a senior nurse making sure you stood well back as you entered the room. I had my vaccination behind a screen and then was asked to sit on a sofa for 15 minutes before being told I could leave. There was a maximum of 6 people in the room at any one time (excluding medical staff). However, when I left I did notice that the hallway off the room for the second vaccination was very full with little social distancing and the process seemed much slower.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Myself and my wife went yesterday for our pre-arranged appointment (via the internet) at the Paphos General. It was a rugby scrum outside in the corridor with a lot of confusion. Apparently they had changed the rooms for the first and second jabs over from the previous day and they had problems with unfreezing the jabs from the overnight storage.

I have to say that once they got their act into gear the crowd rapidly disappeared as individuals were called into the vaccination rooms.

We never got into this room as we found out upon enquiring that we were not even on the list and we should go back to our GP who pointed us in the direction of a kiosk in the GP waiting area. This we did and we are now on a waiting list as there were no vaccinations available at the moment(?).

They will text us when some doses are available. I am not holding my breath on this one.

I noticed that they had further opened appointments to the 65+ age group, but I don't understand why they don't clear the backlog of those on the waiting list before opening up to further age groups or will the 'waiting list' people have to wait until the very end after ALL others have been vaccinated. This would seem strange as by definition those on the waiting list at the moment are most probably in the more vulnerable groups.
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Main entrance next to coffee shop. Immediately turn right and near the end is the room for 1st vaccination.
for 2nd jab is a different door/room very close to the other.
Louise :)
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

That is where I will be going for my second Jab on Friday as well ..
Trev..