Paphos beaches

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
jeba

Paphos beaches

Post by jeba »

Are there beaches in the Paphos area which are as nice (white sand) as e.g. Fig Tree beach in the Paralimni area?
trevnhil

Re: Paphos beaches

Post by trevnhil »

Unless you include a picture of Fig Tree Beach how are we supposed to know or judge ??
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Last time we were in Fig Tree Bay the sand was a golden colour.
All things are possible
lotus

Post by lotus »

Short answer Jeba is No,we always when allowed go to Lady's Mile beach right down at the end,not comparable to Fig Tree Bay but it does for us,Over in the north there are some lovely beaches too
jeba

Post by jeba »

trevnhil wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:24 am Unless you include a picture of Fig Tree Beach how are we supposed to know or judge ??
https://images.app.goo.gl/azhj6NVQ7Y99jCZC6
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

You could always refer to some of the numerous blogs we have written on the beaches in Paphos.

You can view them all here:

https://www.paphoslife.com/beaches

Also, you can look in the beaches directory:

https://www.paphoslife.com/directory/category/beach

That lists most of the beaches, complete with lots of photos and virtual tours for each beach.

In answer to the question, there are actually quite a lot of sandy beaches in Paphos.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
lotus

Post by lotus »

By and large NO beaches in Paphos anywhere like Fig Tree Bay,in fact all the so called sandy beaches in Paphos are crap,if you want sand,Coral Bay is sandy but noisey in summer and usually very busy but probably not this year
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

When visitors come to stay with is they usually use Corallia Bay beach.. I have been and it seemed very sandy, but of course in normal times very busy
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

lotus wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:20 pm By and large NO beaches in Paphos anywhere like Fig Tree Bay,in fact all the so called sandy beaches in Paphos are crap,if you want sand,Coral Bay is sandy but noisey in summer and usually very busy but probably not this year
That is total bull.
josef k

Post by josef k »

When talking about beaches, we need to remember that the two very sandy beaches in the Paphos area, Coral bay and Korallia, are man made and naturally don't have much sand to speak of.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

There is also Sandy Beach in Lemba, Venus Beach, Vrysoudia and Vrysoudia II, plus Lara Bay.

Certainly, the beaches in the East are nicer, but the beaches in Paphos are by no means crap.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

josef k wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:50 pm When talking about beaches, we need to remember that the two very sandy beaches in the Paphos area, Coral bay and Korallia, are man made and naturally don't have much sand to speak of.
What has that got to do with anything? All the hotels are man-made too. So what? When the average punter plonks their arse on a sunbed, they couldn't give a hoot where the sand actually came from. And at least the sand in Coral Bay extends out into the ocean. I went to Gran Canaria one year, and one of the beaches there was totally artificial. The beach was beautifully sandy but they had put no thought into the tidal area, which was quite jagged rock.

Lovely holiday still though. One thing I couldn't get though, is the complete lack of aircon on the island.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, you mentioned Lara Bay. Thats my favourite, pity that its also a favourite with nesting turtles. But outside the breeding seaon, its my favourite.
Dee
lotus

Post by lotus »

Jesus Dominic you do get your arse in your hand,how on earth can you compare any Paphos beach to Fig Tree Bay,apart from Coral Bay the others Paphos way are either full of pepples ,rocks or dirty sand
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Dominic wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:26 pm There is also Sandy Beach in Lemba, Venus Beach, Vrysoudia and Vrysoudia II, plus Lara Bay.

Certainly, the beaches in the East are nicer, but the beaches in Paphos are by no means crap.
Not to forget Asprokremmos Beach at Latchi, Anassa Hotel, at the end of this short video from Manos one can see clearly the beauty of that beach which I was visiting in the early 70's before any hotel was built in that area...
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/v ... ction=view

Max
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

lotus wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:40 pm Jesus Dominic you do get your arse in your hand,how on earth can you compare any Paphos beach to Fig Tree Bay,apart from Coral Bay the others Paphos way are either full of pepples ,rocks or dirty sand
The last time we went to Fig Tree Bay, which was last June, we spent most of our time picking plastic bags out of the water. We stopped when my wife got stung by a jelly fish. When we go to the East we prefer the less touristy beaches, like the one near the dog beach.

When was the last time you set foot on any of the beaches I mentioned? Clearly not for a long time.
lotus

Post by lotus »

In our twenty years here we have been to all the beaches,never had problems at Fig Tree have been there many times as well as most beaches in the North,if you can remember the original post was asking about nice beaches in Paphos with a comparasion to Fig Tree Bay which is not possible,obviously you have not been to many yourself
lotus

Post by lotus »

This was referring to Dominic
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

lotus wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:19 pm In our twenty years here we have been to all the beaches,never had problems at Fig Tree have been there many times as well as most beaches in the North,if you can remember the original post was asking about nice beaches in Paphos with a comparasion to Fig Tree Bay which is not possible,obviously you have not been to many yourself
How many of the beaches have you been to in the last three years? Places change over 20 years. And how can you say I haven't been to many? How the heck did you think I managed to photograph practically all of them?
lotus

Post by lotus »

Before lockdown as now retired we make a point of traveling around to many of the beaches especially the North and East of the island,yes places change but beaches more or less stay the same,ok you have photographed them,fair play to you,if you can recall Jeba wanted info about decent beaches comparable to Fig Tree Bay near Paphos which of course there aren't any,it's just my opinion that most beaches this end of the island are crap