Waiting for our MEU3s

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Uncle D

Waiting for our MEU3s

Post by Uncle D »

Its been six moths now and we have gone to Gwenny's to see if she can trace them for us, we have been to her office three times and each time there is always someone else with the same problem as us.
Ours were posted out in December but have gone missing in the post, apparently its very common, yet on time is our utility bills, they never get lost in the post.
Its a scandal if you think about it, they are only printed A4 sheets of paper and deemed not worthy enough to be sent by registered post or any other secure means, but we had to sign affidavits stating that we haven't received them, then go to the courts to pay for stamps.
There will of course be the fee for Gwenny and probably another payment for the copies.
I wonder were they are disappearing to.... :roll:
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
daveg

Re: Waiting for our MEU3s

Post by daveg »

Why use Gwenny?.....
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

We tried to contact Immigration ourselves and couldn't get through, someone said that they had used Gwenny so we thought that it was the best option.
Why do you ask?
David
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

For what's its worth and using the Paralimni Immigration Office when we did our MEU3 we were given a printed receipt for the money and a separate document called, Application Form Reception Document.
I take it you did not get something similar?
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Yes we did get them and Gwenny took copies of these to contact immigration, these along with the affidavit and copies of passports had to be stamped at the courts.
David
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

David
When my wife went to collect her passport she was taken to a room to get her photograph taken and the room was stacked floor to ceiling with files which the lady taking the photographs said were applications for MU2 and MU3 which are all processed in Nicosia. We had the same problems as you are having with our MU3 and eventually used a Lawyer in Nicosia to get them for us, he wasn't cheap but well worth the money. I've used Geenny several times over the years and found her very good but sometimes certain things were worth taking the legal route.
Maybe a trip up to immigration after March the 8th will get you a result, we pestered them for my wife's MU2 and eventually it worked. Phoning for us was a waste of time as nothing happened even when we managed to get through.

Jim
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Our correspondence is sent to a PO Box and there was the choice for the MEU3 forms to be sent there so we kept checking there.
However, our post person likes to let people know there is post for them by leaving the post half out the letterbox or if they do not have a letterbox on the wall by the entrance which is visible from the road. Our letterbox just collects the free brochures so it was just by chance that we saw two white envelopes sticking out of the box.

Have always found the residency process here very lax compared to other countries and agree documents such as this should be sent by registered post or signed for when collected from the Immigration Office. Also the only country I have visited where it is not a requirement to keep your physical address up to date. The South African system was far superior - Book of Life.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Galexinda,
I had exactly the same situation as you. At the time I was living in Kamares where there is no postal delivery to houses. So all my mail was sent to my PO Box, in Paphos. When filling in the application for the MEU3, it asks for your street address. I gave that. But I was at Gwenny's, and they afixed a note asking for my MEU form to be sent to my PO Box.
Needless to say, no notice was probably taken of this while the application was at Nicosia.
15 months later there was no sign of my MEU. In fact it never arrived. Eventually, I had to go the affidavit route and go to the court to get a replacement. To this day, no trace of the original has been seen.
It does make one feel sceptical about the efficiency of the staff whether here or in Nicosia!
Dee
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Jim B wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:34 pm Maybe a trip up to immigration after March the 8th will get you a result, we pestered them for my wife's MU2 and eventually it worked. Phoning for us was a waste of time as nothing happened even when we managed to get through. Jim
Thanks Jim
The wheels are already in motion now, we need to join GESY so the sooner we get them the better.
David
Sheer Khan

Post by Sheer Khan »

Wonders will never cease, we both have MEU1’s applied for our MEU3’s back in April 2019, checked our post this morning and what do we find, both our MEU3’s.