Limassol records 70% of Cyprus' all new covid cases in past two weeks

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
galexinda

Re: Limassol records 70% of Cyprus' all new covid cases in past two weeks

Post by galexinda »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:43 am If you have filled out a form galexinda and have your ID with you, you will have complied with the law and be fine. No policeman has the time or interest to investigate which shops you have been to and which shops you intend going to.
Thank you but I will not be following your advice - especially as you have already mentioned earlier about your recent multitask outing.

'Most people were fined for not sending an sms, sending the wrong one, not wearing a mask and not keeping their distance'.

https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/more-th ... n-pending/
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

There was a police check in Polemi yesterday.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Sheer Khan

Post by Sheer Khan »

Perhaps their being in Polemi was something to do with the funeral of Georgios
boycott

Post by boycott »

Despite what some may say on here the Police are active in enforcing the Covid rules (well done them I say).

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/02/28/coro ... -limassol/
A restaurant owner and a group of customers and people at two birthday parties at homes, all in Limassol were charged on Saturday night for breaking coronavirus decrees.

The first incident referred to a restaurant in Moni, where three customers were seated, each of whom was given a €300 fine. The owner was fined €750.

Police patrols in the district also found two gatherings in houses, where birthday parties were being celebrated.

In the first house in Mouttayiaka four adults were charged, while five children were also present.

In the second house eight adults were found, all of whom were charged €300.

In the 24 hours until 6am on Sunday 53 of the total 130 people charged for breaking Covid regulations were in Limassol. They were the result of a total of 9,542 police checks.

A police spokesman told the Cyprus News Agency that most of the charges (35) concerned not wearing a mask, followed by moving around without having sent an SMS and moving around after curfew.

In Nicosia 3,217 checks were carried out and 15 fines issued, in Limassol 1,597 checks were carried out and 53 fines issued, in Larnaca 1,355 checks were carried out and 35 charges issued, in Paphos 1,126 checks were carried out and 15 charges issued, in Famagusta 1,180 checks with four fines and in Morphou 800 checks and no fines.

In addition the traffic police carried out 767 checks and issued eight fines.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

If one has a sense of humour some of the replies are quite amusing... it does tend to show that the SMS system is far from perfect.
The main thing is to ensure that you wear a mask which most of us are now completely used to, and to use hand sanitiser frequently.

As HIC said if a shop is staffed and ready to serve customers, it seems reasonable to use it...
Dee
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I also read things like Boycotts post, but I wonder what time of the day (or night) the police do these checks. I haven't noticed much of a police presence in daylight hours? Which makes me think that most of these incidents where people are found in places where they shouldn't be, take place in the evening around of after 9pm.

Dee
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Theres a very large Russian population in Limmasol and in general pay only lip service to Covid lockdown because they honestly believe it's not serious due to the news feeds they get from Russia.

Jim
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Jim B wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:29 am Theres a very large Russian population in Limmasol and in general pay only lip service to Covid lockdown because they honestly believe it's not serious due to the news feeds they get from Russia.

Jim
I think overall people are just fed up with the ongoing situation and cannot see an end in sight.

Mixed messages from the authorities in various countries, new research data being published daily and sensational media reports all combine to an overload of information which makes it difficult to appreciate what is really happening.

I notice markedly lax behaviour in Paphos on my rare ventures out of doors - and as for what is happening indoors since people can have visitors in their home (in theory a limited number and the same people but in practice who knows) which can only spread the virus more easily with no way of keeping up with tracing contacts of positive cases, particularly when people are not going to willingly report all their contacts.
jeba

Post by jeba »

Wensbry wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:50 pm
jeba wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:29 am
bmwx5 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:00 pm Can someone please advise where is it written and in what Goverment guideline is it stated 3 hrs maximum, All I can see is "for a reasonable amount of time " The reason I ask is a number of golfers asked the question and didnt get a clear response so some are sending 1 sms to go and play and another sms to travel back home.
I can´t tell you where it´s written down. However, I phoned 22285777 and they said that indeed 3 hours is the maximum and you can´t "pool" both SMSes to be allowed to stay out for 6 hours.
Your comment on "pooling" texts is not correct.
My wife and I play golf three days per week and to do that with play, travel etc it takes six hours. The official guidance is to use our two texts, one each way. In addition the Health Minister himself using cyclists as an example stated that if their ride required more time then they should use two text.
I can only report what I was told when I asked whether I could stay for longer than 3 hours as I had some business in another province. They said pooling used to be allowed but is no longer.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Maybe it depends on the reason for going out. I will not be 'pooling' When I go to Nicosia later this month.. It is usually 2 hrs there and 2 hrs back and I expect the appointment to take 2 to 4 hrs..
I will just be applying once and taking proof of why we are going there
Trev..
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

trevnhil wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:27 pm Maybe it depends on the reason for going out. I will not be 'pooling' When I go to Nicosia later this month.. It is usually 2 hrs there and 2 hrs back and I expect the appointment to take 2 to 4 hrs..
I will just be applying once and taking proof of why we are going there
Trev
It does say "A reasonable time" so nothing is cast in stone. I would agree that one request would cover it.

Jim