Vaccination slots for 71+ open up on Tuesday 22nd February

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Vaccination slots for 71+ open up on Tuesday 22nd February

Post by trevnhil »

If you are in the 71 plus age group tomorrow you can apply for an appointment to have the Covid vaccination..

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/02/22/coro ... 1-open-up/
Trev..
memory man

Re: Vaccination slots for 71+ open up on Tuesday 22nd February

Post by memory man »

Where is "the old power company building in Paphos"
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

The authorities were looking at Palia Ilektriki which is near Kennedy Square a few days ago as a potential site for vaccinations - often referred to as the old electricity power plant. I believe this is the place.

Link to location map: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Palia ... IHoECCwQBQ
memory man

Post by memory man »

Thanks for that G
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

How do you register please ? all the info I can find is to register on the online portal but I cant find the portal. I’m a Gesy member but can’t raise my Doctor to help .
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

You can do it by phoning 1474 .. But you need your FULL Gesy registration number ...
Trev..
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Thanks Trev, I guess that’s my I.D. Number . There seems to be considerable confusion as I’ve also been told GESY will SMS me with an appointment if I’ve registered with them but most seem to go through their doctor in fact several friends heard from their Doctor today that their names were going forward tomorrow for appointments. My doctor has been silent and I haven’t been able to get hold of him.
It’s all a bit frustrating . Maybe I’ll get in on the next group as I understand within half an hour all the appointments are normally gone.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Mike, it is similar to your ARC no, but in my case, my Gesy no has some extra zeros added to it. So its not exactly the same. It must be frustrating for you. Maybe your doctors receptionist or secretary can help you register on the Gesy portal?

Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

As Dee says the Gesy number is SIMILAR to the ARC number but don't for get to use the full Gesy number with all the zeros.
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

Morning Trev, I use the same GP as you, she said although we should be on the list they do not have slots for the vaccinations, because they do not have any available material? not sure if this is the hold up?
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

The hold up seems to be that there is generally a shortage of vaccine and therefore appointments..
I had my name in a book at our GP's.. I also had my name on a list that the village administration organised.. And I tried getting an appointment via the phone line..
In the end I was vaccinated because near the end of one day at the hospital there was more vaccine left than they had people on the list still to arrive. My GP phoned me to say could I go straight away to the Hospital.. Of course I di, and got the vaccination and I have an appointment for the second jab in a few weeks time.
The village list also works as my wife had the Jab last Sunday..
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

When making an appointment for the vaccination by the GESY PORTAL either the ID number as written on your MEU form or the number written on the GESY document can be used.

With regards making a phone appointment (1474) each time the operator asked for the MEU ID number as well as Name and DOB.

Likewise when I see a doctor, change a prescription, have a test etc. I just give my Name, MEU ID number and DOB to the person requesting it so they can access my GESY record.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Just used the portal to book my wife in . Seemed to go ok , the only thing that was a bit of a guess was choosing the location , it was all in Greek . I chose the bottom in the list and hopefully it is the old power building .

Anyway I received this text “ EΠIBEBAIΩΣH PANTEBOY ΓIA EMBOΛIAΣMO COVID-19. ΠAPAΣKEYH 26/2/2021, 12:00, ΣTO KENTPO ΠAΦOΣ ΠAΛIA HΛEKTPIKH ” .
WHL

Post by WHL »

Mrblobby wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:43 am Just used the portal to book my wife in . Seemed to go ok , the only thing that was a bit of a guess was choosing the location , it was all in Greek . I chose the bottom in the list and hopefully it is the old power building .

Anyway I received this text “ EΠIBEBAIΩΣH PANTEBOY ΓIA EMBOΛIAΣMO COVID-19. ΠAPAΣKEYH 26/2/2021, 12:00, ΣTO KENTPO ΠAΦOΣ ΠAΛIA HΛEKTPIKH ” .
Paphos center Old Power building
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

What a morning , such excitement and frustration . I found the login site www.login.Gesy.org.cy and from 8 a.m. when I started practising for the 9 o’clock kick off, i found that once i had put in my user name and password it went to an error message so lot’s were obviously practising too. 9 o clock came and the same thing was happening so I was a bit miffed when friends kept phoning saying that they had an appointment. I asked one who is a bit of a whizz on this technology caper and he said internet speed makes quite a difference . By now it was 10.30 and I had visions of all the spaces gone while my Epic modem went through it’s slow and even slower paces. So I phoned said whizz back and gave him my details . He put them in his laptop and zoom we were in the site and ready to go. Memo to self get rid of Epic.
But my hopes were dashed. Your not properly enrolled he said , your Doctor hasn’t completed everything and you need him to put his number in the system . Now my doctor for Gesy was set up by a guy I know in the pub ( do you remember pubs ?) and the Doctor is just a name who I email when I need prescriptions renewed . He was very clear just email me and sure enough he didn’t answer his phone but then again he never has . Time for drastic action if I was to get a jab in this tranche .
Into the car and I drove to a Gesy Doctor in Pissouri. It was now 11.40 . Take me on I asked and within 5 mins out with the old Doc and in with the new. Now let’s get you a vaccine she said and within 20 keystrokes my phone buzzed and I had an appointment for Saturday at 9.30 . I was about to ask for a later one as I normally enjoy a pleasant if somewhat alcohol fuelled dinner on Friday but my dear one cautioned against it. Get out while the goings good she said and I did.
El tel

Post by El tel »

U.K. is not doing too bad with its vaccinations .

Terry
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

The UK seems to have inexplicably slowed down a fair bit over the past few days though.
alewfin1

Post by alewfin1 »

El tel wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:26 pm U.K. is not doing too bad with its vaccinations .

Terry
The UK had no choice but to rush its vaccinations as it had failed miserably to contain the virus unlike some other islands like Australia, New Zealand and Cyprus which did the right things at the right time for the right reasons.

The Cyprus government should be congratulated and the UK shamed.
jeba

Post by jeba »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:58 am I wouldn't say inexplicably. Apparently the UK is running low on vaccines. Plus they are keen to have sufficient reserves for the second doses, without which the vaccination process would not be complete.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/number-uk-cov ... 28152.html
There shouldn´t e a hurry though as it has been shown that the 2nd shot may well be administered after 12 weeks.
2QuarterPints

Post by 2QuarterPints »

alewfin1 - the population of the UK is more than double that of the 3 countries you have mentioned, and the UK population is crammed into a very small area, not spread out across very widespread areas. As an example, within not much more than 5 miles of where we live in West Yorkshire, we have more people living than in the whole of Cyprus. Add to that, pre Covid, Heathrow was handling in excess of 80,000,000 passengers each year, never mind the other international airports in the UK. Apples - pears....