Vaccination slots for 71+ open up on Tuesday 22nd February

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Re: Vaccination slots for 71+ open up on Tuesday 22nd February

Post by trevnhil »

My second vaccinations is just 4 weeks after the first one
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

My second vaccination is exactly 21 days after the first one
All things are possible
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Was your first vaccine the Pfizer one ?
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

trevnhil wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:04 pm Was your first vaccine the Pfizer one ?
Yes it was Pfizer. Done at the Gen Hosp.
All things are possible
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Well the wife had her first jab today , she got there half an early and they did her straight away .

Surprised at date of second jab , not until 21st May .
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It sounds like she had the AstraZeneca vaccine ..
Trev..
wilky

Post by wilky »

Went to Paphos hospital today and got the Astrazeneca jab along with appointment for next jab 12weeks from now same place same time.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I hope that when different people go for their second jab is is the same brand as the first one ..
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

trevnhil wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:04 pm I hope that when different people go for their second jab is is the same brand as the first one ..
Trev - when you booked your appointment only the Pfizer vaccine was available at Paphos General.
I noticed a day or so later that both Pfizer and AstraZeneca were available according to the GESY Beneficiary Portal List with one being given at Location A and the other at Location B at Paphos General Hospital.
The second dose for Pfizer is given after 3 weeks and the second dose for AstraZeneca is given 12 weeks later.
Hence you will get Pfizer at the second vaccination. However, to be sure, do ask when you check in. You will have to show your Vaccination Card to the nurse.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I certainly will make a point of asking which second jab I am having when i go back in only 6 days time.
By the way i didn't know there were two separate vaccination locations at the hospital..
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

trevnhil wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:21 pm I certainly will make a point of asking which second jab I am having when i go back in only 6 days time.
By the way i didn't know there were two separate vaccination locations at the hospital..
Literally next door to each other - Labelled A and B.
However, this may have been done after your first vaccination when only Pfizer was available.

Interesting that people are having the AstraZeneca vaccine (wilky 27 Feb) as I have just checked the GESY Portal and still only Pfizer is listed for Paphos General Hospital.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

The Astra Zeneca vaccine was given out in Polemi Village a week or so ago
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

Lloyd I am an old folk just like yourselves, I did not need an agent to get our MEU3 but getting my possible life saving jab seems impossible, even going from the GESY portal, the wife waited 10 minutes on the telephone line only to be abruptly told that the portal was closed for the day as they had again no vaccine,call back next week she said, so what is the secret on getting the jab?? flash a bung? :lol:
Jim.
emgee

Post by emgee »

Been phoning 1474 every day. Nothing.

Disgraceful.

Alan
JimX

Post by JimX »

First things first Jim.

1) Has your doctor set you up on the GESY system yet? Because you take meds I'm assuming so. Yes from day one, even had an operation on GESY.

2) Do you have a User Name and Password for you GESY account? You won't get anywhere without these. YES!

3) Keep your mobile to hand, as you'll need this for password verification.aLWAYS..

4) Go to the GESY portal: https://www.gesy.org.cy/sites/Sites?d=D ... ge=home-en

5) Click on Beneficiary Portal on the LHS.

6) Click on EN at the top right, so the portal converts to English.

7) When prompted, enter your User Name and Password.

8) A 6 digit code will then be sent to your mobile, which you'll need to enter on the portal.

9) On the LH side of the new page, click on Covid-19 vaccination.

10) Having read it all, click on Accept and Proceed, lower right.

12) Fill in your Name and ID number. In my particular case I had to enter both my first and middle names where it says "First name". That was a "Gotcha" for me and took me a while to figure out.

Lloyd our GP is handling all of this, and yes I have been to the portal, in fact Thurs the wife spent 30mins on hold and was abruptly told that they have no more appointments this week come back next week, I do know my way around a PC Lloyd remember when forums got started 20 years ago! ..thank you for that long reply but it does not help me..Logging onto the GESY page is not the answer, the problem being no available vaccines.

On fish and chips Ollies pub near us do a great fish supper but only on Fridays, only 50 meters from our house €8 :D

Here is a post from Facebook from our GP..

Veramedica
t4i ·
There are a few different ways to consult with Dr. Mala or Dr. Asprou.
We offer traditional face to face appointments which can be arranged directly with reception over the telephone.
We can also arrange for a telephone consultation if you feel that your problem can simply be managed over the telephone. Please ask reception for one of the doctors to call you back to discuss your problem.
We are also able to offer home visits for patients who have difficulty in getting to the surgery. If you feel you require a home visit then please contact reception over the phone. Home visits can be done across the whole Paphos region. Timing of a visit will be scheduled in the working week according to the urgency of the problem.
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Good to know that they still do home visits, if really necessary..
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

That is only part of our doctors letter, she really has a go at this vaccination for Covid, take a look at her Facebook page.
Jim.
Varky

Post by Varky »

JimX,

Not sure if you are interested but I booked yesterday via the GESY Portal for myself and my wife but in Limassol for next Friday. Plenty of spaces. The problem it seems is they are not allocating sufficient doses to Paphos.For us its not much further to travel to Limassol as it is to Paphos.
JimX

Post by JimX »

If not I will see you with angels Lloyd... :(
Jim.
Unicorn 367

Post by Unicorn 367 »

I have been trying to get an on line appointment in Paphos since my age group came up three weeks ago. I try several times a day. I follow all the correct procedures but when I get to the last “Book an Appointment” page in most cases only Limassol comes up. On the rare occasions when the other venues do appear there are either no bookings available or no vaccines for Paphos.

I have tried phoning and also asked my doctor to help but I have been unable get an appointment. I suspect the real problem is that there is not enough vaccine to go round.

But one day, when logging in, I received an Oracle message from GESY that there was a system failure and I have been unable to log in using that computer ever since. One by one, over the space of ten days, three more of my computers received the same message during the GESY login. I finally resorted to my 16 year old laptop running Windows XP and that works perfectly!!!! But still no vaccine.

Do any of you bright sparks know of a way of correcting the failed logins or know of a phone number of a GESY technician who can correct it? And more importantly when am I going to get my vaccination???

Thanks