Chemist Direct UK

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mark

Chemist Direct UK

Post by Mark »

For years I have used this company to dispatch products that are not available in Cyprus and were overpriced in other well known websites, the products mainly arrived on time by UK registered mail in roughly 2 weeks.

Then Brexit came,

Deliveries could not be made to Cyprus, I was naturally disappointed, but kept trying the Chemist Direct website and eventually this morning normal service has resumed, clearly Chemist Direct has steered a route through the new Brexit process.

The only change is they only send via Air freight, at a cost of £15.99, or £7 more than Royal Mail, but much quicker, a price I am happy to pay.

They guarantee that no VAT or customs costs will be payable as they have taken care of this.

Will update when the products arrive.

Brexit, the gift that is starting to deliver, he says tongue in cheek!!! (Sorry HIC)
Mark

Re: Chemist Direct UK

Post by Mark »

Hi Lloyd

This thread was meant to highlight that after teething troubles, UK suppliers are starting to deliver, please do not deflect from that.
Tremigirl

Post by Tremigirl »

Well done and well said Mark.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

H.I.C. will always complain and pick whenever BREXIT is mentioned.
All things are possible
Mark

Post by Mark »

All this demonstrates is that suppliers, regardless of where they are from, will find a way to sell their products.

As for HIC, I have the highest regard for him, his business is clearly affected by a situation which will resolve hopefully in a short period of time.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, Mark. But exporters face lots of extra paperwork and costs, while those British expats now permanent residents, face long delays and high extra charges.
I am not surprised, as I could forsee this happening. Only one of the reasons for not voting for Brexit....

Dee
Mark

Post by Mark »

Kili01 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:57 pm Yes, Mark. But exporters face lots of extra paperwork and costs, while those British expats now permanent residents, face long delays and high extra charges.
I am not surprised, as I could forsee this happening. Only one of the reasons for not voting for Brexit....

Dee
I voted remain also Dee,

But we now need to focus on the future, if you look at my post re Amazon uk delivery, I saved money by ordering from Amazon UK. The chemist direct order cost me a little extra, but for a quicker delivery via air freight.

In the medium term, nothing will change, companies are allready in operation that will nullify the extra charges currently payable.
Mark

Post by Mark »

If you google a company called Global-e.com, they are a platform that suppliers not wishing to set up UK or EU dispatch centres, can at a nominal cost deliver to UK or EU at a cost that does not impact negatively on the consumer.

There is a solution to every problem
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Mark
I f your paying more after Brexit then it's not the same is it?
If millions of people are paying a pound or two extra on small packages its costing the people millions more than it used to which was not the Brexit promise. Imagine the extra cost for bringinging in a car now, it will cost thousands more than it used to and that's what HIC is trying to tell you. At the end of the day theres no free lunches for any of us and we're all going to pay one way or another.

Jim
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Lloyd
Why don’t you and your two mates – JimB and Jim g ward change the record – If the EU is such a great place to be involved with why don’t you buy you product from there? Simple – they produce high price rubbish.
If the Uk product is better then pay the price and if necessary pass the cost on to the customer and if they don’t want to pay then walk away or take a hit on the profit
I buy American Car parts and Cars regularly and have them shipped and I used to really score when the exchange rate was in my favour but when it went bad I didn’t spit the dummy out I just got on with the job its called business – If It costs me a bit more I pass it on – If they don’t want to pay they can go somewhere else its called choice. The exchange rate is improving so that will offset a bit of the costs
But at the end of the day its two month now since the deed was done and you and your mates are still crying over spilt milk – You sit like a praying mantis waiting for a post that mentions cost or Brexit and your straight on it – The whole issue is called change it happens so just get on with it instead of turning every thread on here into a vendetta – I have never come across anyone so bitter and twisted you are worse than an old woman if you keep this up it will kill you – Its obviously eating you up now because you never shut up about it when most are just getting on with life whatever it holds – It was the UK peoples choice not the UK man living in Cyprus who wants the best of all worlds.
Jim B just hit the nail on the head – We are all going to pay one way or another and that’s it --- You can’t change it – It’s happened it’s a few quid more for everyone to shell out so what – just move on
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Hey Trans Am
I'm very aware we are where we are and know theres presently no chance of rejoining in the foreseeable future, what puzzles me is people are trying to justify a system that's slowly strangling the UK economy.or stifling my and my familys freedom.
Your quite right that the odd parcel of pharmaceuticals or spare car parts is not going break the bank but when you're importing items regularly, time is of the essence and the shipment is costly then it's a different ball game and should be pointed out to those who for the last five years shouted from the rooftops nothing will change when clearly it has.
I'm not worried, like Mark about spending a couple of pounds on an item but it's the likes of being banned from travelling to the occupied areas if I want to go that sticks in my throat; see my post in the politics section.
A bit silly to suggest we manufacture what we need, dont you think?

Jim
WHL

Post by WHL »

Trans am Quote, If the EU is such a great place to be involved with why don’t you buy you product from there? Simple – they produce high price rubbish.

This just about sums up your 2 bob argument,,,, :lol:
BOB Peyia

Post by BOB Peyia »

For what it’s worth

I cannot understand the continual bickering on here over Brexit.

The people of the UK voted to leave back in 2016, and the current government with a huge majority “as voted for by the people” fulfilled the voters pledge to leave. More than likely one of the reasons for the public to vote for Boris & co was due to the shenanigans of the previous parliament.

Personally, whether I voted for or against is irrelevant now, and I am happy to give it a go. Unfortunately, due to COVID it will be very difficult to gauge anything this year 2021, regarding the economy, import exports etc. 2022 is year when a clearer picture will unfold on Brexit and it effects on the economy etc., should it be a negative effect; the British public will let Boris & Co know at the 2023 elections.

Assuming Brexit is a failure and the UK being a democracy, the next elected government will ask the UK public in a referendum regarding rejoining of the EU?
Ferret

Post by Ferret »

I have to agree..... HIC and the squad are smothering the Discussion Section, They destroy threat after threat as they try to rewrite history. I have no problem with there views in the Political section that's what it is for, but this is getting ridiculous by any measure, either that or get help!!...
kansas

Post by kansas »

Can we PLEASE stop the bickering about Brexit? It is what it is and we have to deal with it. I've always found this site so helpful and informative but it's now becoming boring when the Brexit subject is so frequently raised and personal attacks appear to be on the increase IMHO.
Last edited by kansas on Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark

Post by Mark »

I would be very happy if this thread could get back to highlighting how companies are succeeding in getting round the intricacies of Brexit.

This will be helpful to us all.

I highlighted one company, does anyone know of others?
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

If you go to the very first post at the top you will see the the word Brexit is mentioned in the second paragraph and the whole post is in reference to Brexit.
No one is hijacking this posting as that was what the original posting was about.
Let's face it if we relied upon posts from those who complain about the direction of postings then the Forum would be dead in the water and if as Kansas states about personal attacks is upsetting then go onto the Politics section and see some of the comments that have been made against me and others with a similar outlook, but of course you won't

Jim
WHL

Post by WHL »

Mark wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:36 am I would be very happy if this thread could get back to highlighting how companies are succeeding in getting round the intricacies of Brexit.

This will be helpful to us all.

Could it be that , medicines etc do not have VAT/duty on them ?, and that might be the reason why you got them through without any hustle ???
Mark

Post by Mark »

WHL wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:00 am
Mark wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:36 am

Could it be that , medicines etc do not have VAT/duty on them ?, and that might be the reason why you got them through without any hustle ???
Good question, the items ordered are subject to VAT
Mark

Re: Chemist Direct UK Update

Post by Mark »

The items I ordered were delivered today by DHL. The items took 7 days to dispatch, but then took only 4 days to get to me.

No duty or VAT was paid as this was managed by Chemist Direct. The items cost £70.

The price I paid for the items was the same as pre Brexit, the only change was the cost of air freight, but not much more than pre Brexit, for recorded delivery.

"Brexit, the gift that is starting to deliver"