Another Question on Vaccinations

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mandyr

Another Question on Vaccinations

Post by Mandyr »

Have asked before but had no replies, when going to get our vaccinations (next week) what papers do we have to take along with us to the General?
trevnhil

Re: Another Question on Vaccinations

Post by trevnhil »

Good morning Mandy.. I had my vaccine injection last Friday at the General. All they needed was the card from my GP showing my Gesy details .. It seems not all GP's are issuing a credit card sized Gesy details confirmation..
But I assume you must have something from Gesy to say you are a member..
Trev..
Mandyr

Post by Mandyr »

I’ve got it now, we just take our MEU3 or yellow slip with us. Popped into doctors and asked there being a little concerned as we have no gesy info. Have now made a note of our numbers!! Thanks for your help
Sheer Khan

Post by Sheer Khan »

Has anybody who has been vaccinated had any side effects.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I just had a VERY slight sore arm for around 12 to 24 hrs
Trev..
kansas

Post by kansas »

I now keep a couple of business sized cards in my wallet with my details written in large letters in permanent marker. Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, ID number. I hand one of these over to doctor, rheumy, etc. You'd be surprised how grateful they are when you do this, rather than have to reach for reading specs when you hand over your ID card.
Last edited by kansas on Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Until I was shown to be wrong I assumed that all Gesy patients had one of these small credit card sized cards. Certainly my wife and I have one supplied and filled in by our GP.
Trev..
kansas

Post by kansas »

We haven't been given one Trev.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

So it seems that is just a good gesture done by our GP, Dr Mala in Chloraka . :-)
Trev..
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Sheer Khan

It seems that side effects of the vaccine depends on which one you receive. I had the Pfizer vaccine, I had a sore arm for a couple of days, and felt tired too. Friends who have received the same vaccine as me, also felt tired, whilst one other friend receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine experienced 'flu' like symptoms.

Obviously some people will experience side effects, others not.

I don't know which vaccine you will receive in Cyprus however.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Sheer Khan

Post by Sheer Khan »

Firefly and trevnhil thanks for your info, trev do you know which vaccine you received
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I had the Pfizer vaccine at the Hospital. My wife is having her jab on Sunday, but in the village we live in..
Trev..
Spinky47

Post by Spinky47 »

Hi, just to let you know there are different ways to get your vaccination. About two weeks ago out of the blue I got a text from the ministry of Health, giving me a date and time and place to get my vaccination. One week later our dr, surgery phoned me to check I had received this text.
Went yesterday, 10 mins early to our Polis hospital, had to wait 5 mins, presented my old plastic Cyprus ID card which was all I needed. A few presented their yellow papers instead. 5 mins later I was called in for the vaccination, then was told to wait 15 mins.
Somebody came to bring my ID card and vaccination card with new appointment for 2nd vaccination. The vaccination was AstraZeneca, they also supplied a leaflet of instructions for the public. 20 mins later I was back home, and up to today I have had no after effects.
I would like to congratulate the hospital staff and the Ministry of Health for their efficient service.
Klaus.