Fights, tourism between Cyprus and Israel to resume as soon as conditions allow it

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Fights, tourism between Cyprus and Israel to resume as soon as conditions allow it

Post by Paphos Life »

Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades and his Israeli counterpart Reuven Rivlin today said direct flights and tourism between the two neighbouring countries should resume as soon as conditions allow it.Anastasiades flew to Israel early Sunday for a one-day working visit and he is also meeting Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in the afternoon....

Read the article and chat about it below...
The Aquila

Re: Fights, tourism between Cyprus and Israel to resume as soon as conditions allow it

Post by The Aquila »

I did chuckle when I read this.....I have a hunch that flights to and from many countries will resume when conditions allow it :lol:
Lofos-Jan

Re: Fights, tourism between Cyprus and Israel to resume as soon as conditions allow it

Post by Lofos-Jan »

The Aquila wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:49 pm I did chuckle when I read this.....I have a hunch that flights to and from many countries will resume when conditions allow it :lol:
Me too. Talk about stating the obvious!🤣
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
WHL

Post by WHL »

They are talking about allowing passengers that have had the jab flying. not the general public
WHL

Post by WHL »

Tanny wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:17 am Are the general public not the passengers.
Yes they are, but this agreement is for the passengers that have HAD the jab, not for passengers that have not had the jab.
clive of payia

Post by clive of payia »

It will be a shot in the arm for tourism.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

The UK is flip-flopping on whether to have any kind of Vaccine Passport - likely waiting for Sevco or another ‘friendly’ company proposing i9t. To them for billions…. Cynical? Yes, but with due cause…. Meter is running at over £20bn in handouts to friends of the party!
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

And when actually does the fighting start, or did I miss that bit?
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

In the UK you are given a card which states that you have had your vaccine, and on which dates they were given.

Surely this should be enough to qualify you for flights.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

PhotoLady wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:47 am And when actually does the fighting start, or did I miss that bit?
Yes that was an interesting typo!
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I thought you'd done it on purpose as a kind of test 🙂
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Will it be in a boxing ring I wonder.
All things are possible
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

PhotoLady wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:15 am I thought you'd done it on purpose as a kind of test 🙂
No, it must have been like that on the original In cyprus page.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

No probably outside a bar, in Agia Napa,... when they reopen.....

Dee
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

mouse wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:10 am with the importance of being vaccinated applied to visitors coming to Cyprus I asumme it means they can no longer be covid carriers ?
Unfortunately no. Having the vaccination doesn't stop you getting Covid, just lessens the symptoms for you so you can still carry and spread the virus even though you yourself are showing no symptoms.

So until the majority of people are vaccinated in each country, it seems PCR testing will still be a thing.
It seems the vaccination magic number is 70% of the population.
J B

Post by J B »

PhotoLady wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:47 am And when actually does the fighting start, or did I miss that bit?
:lol:
J B
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

mouse wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:04 am So ensuring tourists from Israel are vaccinated won't prevent them bringing in corona !
Exactly!
Similar to the flu jab. It doesn't mean you can't still catch the flu virus transmitted by someone you have come into contact with, it just means you have the antibodies to help to fight it off so you won't become as sick as you would if you hadn't been vaccinated.

The vaccine isn't a cure for Covid.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:27 am But it's the only game in town...and has been shown in the UK, does greatly help bring down the spread of the virus, hospital admissions and deaths.
Nobody has contested that. But many people believe it's the final solution when really, it's only a beginning of many more annual jabs.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

So it seems that in addition to my usual annual flu jab, There'll be another one to prime my anti bodies against whatever the prevalent strain of Covid is which is around.

Dee