Lidl - muddle

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Chaddy

Re: Lidl - muddle

Post by Chaddy »

Lincoln wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:12 pm
Chaddy wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:48 am
Lincoln wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:20 am We have stopped going to LIDL and my wife will dash in and out (early morn's) just to get the two items she buys from there.
Any reason you have " stopped going? "
Two crowded and people jostling around the counters. Also, they kept moving stuff to different areas.
Ah,you must be a young,un then Lincoln,with me and the misses being a couple of old,uns we went in the other morning about 7.30 and there where tons of room.Just one of few advantages of,,well,,,getting on a bit :roll:
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Chaddy wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:28 pm
Lincoln wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:12 pm
Chaddy wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:48 am

Any reason you have " stopped going? "
Two crowded and people jostling around the counters. Also, they kept moving stuff to different areas.
Ah,you must be a young,un then Lincoln,with me and the misses being a couple of old,uns we went in the other morning about 7.30 and there where tons of room.Just one of few advantages of,,well,,,getting on a bit :roll:
I am in my late 70's and still do not like the place. I sit in the car early morn and my wife goes in and out as quick as poss. Not our type of shop at all And also those silly little areas at the tills to put your goods on-its a laugh.
All things are possible
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I wonder if there's been a change of manager at Lidl, Polis Rd branch? I noticed that in the last couple of months some of their fruit and sometimes veggies have been poor quality. Previously, these had been of better quality. I still go there, but only buy very selectively now.
Sometimes prices at Paps are lower and at present their produce looks nice and fresh.

I don't have a problem finding other groceries, except, yes the first few days after they have moved stuff around can be annoying until you establish where things are. But Lidl staff are very helpful, and can call someone who speaks English to help.

If you are over 65, and shop between 8 - 10 am, the store is usually fairly empty. This branch does open extra tills when needed,

Dee
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Lidl tomatoes have been a bit tasteless of late. But they have started selling vintage cheddar again so all else can be forgiven.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Dominic wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:53 pm Lidl tomatoes have been a bit tasteless of late. But they have started selling vintage cheddar again so all else can be forgiven.
When they are tasteless then they are imported from the Netherlands. By accident I bought some one month ago and after that long time they are still looking OK but no taste. From now on I always check the transport boxes from where tomatoes come, as our Cypriot ones are ever so different..(good)

By the way, the new layout in the fruit and vegetable section is much better, perhaps double the size of before, so more space also between customers when shopping... (I am talking TOK Lidl) The whole shop is so different to the other Lidl at Polis Road, it must be the management there...
Never waiting at the cash points, as soon 2 customers are waiting they open another till.

Max
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

[quoting Dominic and Max)

Lidl tomatoes have been a bit tasteless of late. But they have started selling vintage cheddar again so all else can be forgiven.
[/quote]

When they are tasteless then they are imported from the Netherlands.

Max
[/quote]

You are absolutely right Max. We often say the tomatoes from our country The Netherlands are looking great, all the same sizes, but have no taste whatsoever. We always buy the local ones.
Louise :)
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Les Bean wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:04 pm
I tried to find out from them why vintage cheddar alone of the Valley Spire cheese range had disappeared but never got any answer that made sense. Well pleased it's back though
I agree! It's not a first-class cheese but is not bad for the price. I have recently (because of Lidl) been buying vintage cheddar from AlphaMega. They have three types of vintage and one of them is superb, the real McCoy. Ask for a tasting of the three and I'm sure you will find the one you like. If I remember correctly I paid €17 per kilo.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

A "feature phone" is designed essentially for chain mail, provided it does not rain and cause it to rust. The car is very simple; it goes and stops when it decides fit to do so and gets enough hay. :-) :-) :-)
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I also have a simple old Nokia phone which texts and makes phone calls.which is sufficient for me when in Cyprus. But I also have an all singing and dancing smart phone which is used for whats app, FaceTime, zoom etc. Plus emails.

Dee
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: