Appointment for vaccination

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Lincoln

Appointment for vaccination

Post by Lincoln »

I am registered on the portal. So at 0900 I called got through to make an appointment. Crackling line, could not hear. Tried and retried. Tried several numbers. Has anyone managed to get through? What a confused state of affairs. Including 1474.
All things are possible
galexinda

Re: Appointment for vaccination

Post by galexinda »

GESY Beneficial Portal System now offering appointments from 24 February

Just had a look and the vaccines on offer in Paphos District are:

Pfizer-BioNTech at Paphos General Hospital.

AstraZeneca at Polis Hospital
Last edited by galexinda on Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Up-Date. Appointment made and reply to confirm received. Done on 1474 At last it was a stressful time having to keep trying and getting cut off on several occasions.
All things are possible
Mandyr

Post by Mandyr »

I rang just after 9am today too and like Lincoln, had a terrible line. It was as if the recorded message and the lady I eventually spoke to were all under water, what a shambles. First time I tried I was cut off when I got to number one so dialled again hoping the line would be better - no such luck!! Anyway after the most odd conversation (asking her to repeat all the time) I actually have a date. As we live in Peyia we go to the general but where, I have no idea, couldn’t understand what she was saying!!! I wish those that make an appointment, that the line has improved!! I could have done with a stiff alcohol drink after that but far too early in the day!!!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Regarding where at the General... Down the right hand corridor, and on the left nearly at the end. It has a notice there ..
Trev..
Mandyr

Post by Mandyr »

Thanks for directions at the General
Pinleyb93

Post by Pinleyb93 »

Tried to book an appointment on line at about 09 05 this morning, fully booked, just wondered how that could happen so quickly.
clive of payia

Post by clive of payia »

Got mine today for the 24th Feb. Our Doctor' secretary booked it first thing this morning. Seems the Doctor's secretary is the swiftest way.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Hopefully I have answered a few questions here:

If you are registered with GESY then log on to your Beneficiary Record at the GESY website https://www.gesy.org.cy/launchpad.html
In the drop down menu on the left side is a special section for the vaccination - follow this link.

I think the online system for booking appointments did not open at 0900 hrs as advertised as many people report that they were informed Paphos area was fully booked and yet when they tried about half an hour later they were able to make an appointment.

Yes, using the 1474 phone number is challenging because the quality of the automated message is scratchy. You will be asked to select * for English. then select 2 when prompted and you are placed in a queue which counts down as you move up the line. I started at No 8 and it was only a short while before a human being spoke to me.
Explained I was phoning on behalf of a 76+ year old person in Paphos District to make an appointment for the Covid vaccination. I was asked for Name, Date of Birth and ID Number and was given an appointment date and time. About 7 minutes letter I received a SMS message confirming this. Obviously if you use a landline number you will not get this confirmation message.

At Paphos General Hospital you go into the main entrance and turn right. Walk along the corridor and there is a door with a notice on it (as per Trev's instructions).
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Pinleyb93 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:57 pm Tried to book an appointment on line at about 09 05 this morning, fully booked, just wondered how that could happen so quickly.
I have tried to fill the form in numerous times this morning on the Gesy page.. Each time it tells me that there is no such person registered.. So as I am on the Gesy portal so must be registered I assume I am putting the detain in wrongly.. But I put my first name where it says Name... I put my surname where it says adjective ?? I chose to use my ID card and I put the number in the box ( I tried with and without the zeros) and I put my date of birth ..

It keeps coming back with words to the effect that there is no such person registered
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

trevnhil wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:00 pm
Pinleyb93 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:57 pm Tried to book an appointment on line at about 09 05 this morning, fully booked, just wondered how that could happen so quickly.
I have tried to fill the form in numerous times this morning on the Gesy page.. Each time it tells me that there is no such person registered.. So as I am on the Gesy portal so must be registered I assume I am putting the detain in wrongly.. But I put my first name where it says Name... I put my surname where it says adjective ?? I chose to use my ID card and I put the number in the box ( I tried with and without the zeros) and I put my date of birth ..

It keeps coming back with words to the effect that there is no such person registered
Trev use the Yellow slip. Copy it exactly as it is written. That's what I did, and it all appeared correctly. Good luck. If not perhaps get your GP to fill it in?
All things are possible
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thanks Lincoln.. I didn't check my yellow slip but it should be the same as my ID cad.
However I thought I would try the phone. I gave all my details and at the end I was told.. fully booked.
So I am left wondering what I am supposed to do next..
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

When booking online using the GESY Covid-19 vaccination link it is essential you complete the application using the information as shown on your MEU1/MEU3.
First Name: If your first name consists of two first names then you need to enter both names.
Last Name: Family Name
Identification Document Type: Alien Registration Certificate (ARC)
Identification Document No.: Your ID number on form
Date of Birth

There is usually an announcement when the next delivery of vaccines arrives in Cyprus and that corresponds with an announcement in the press of the dates the next round of appointments can be made. If you use FB then I suggest you join Ask Anything Paphos because they are one of the first to have access to this type of information.
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

Went to the market today, there was a stall selling Covid injections.
£2 each or 3 for a Pfizer.
I don't know whether they are genuine though.
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

This sounds a torturous system but can I ask who after the over 75s is the next to be done . Sometime ago it was the over 70s but I’m sure I read somewhere that that group had now been added to the rest of the public group so we’re going to be competing with everyone else ?
Whilst I certainly dismiss the market stall route I am hearing that people , using the underlying Heath issue clause, are getting the vaccine through their doctor making the appointment for something as simple as a stent .
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

merchant_banker wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:36 pm Went to the market today, there was a stall selling Covid injections.
£2 each or 3 for a Pfizer.
I don't know whether they are genuine though.
Your play on words obviously went over a few heads!🤣
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Here is an update from me... Just after lunch today I had a call from my GP.. I was asked if I could got to the hospital straight away for my Covid vaccination.. I replied Yes.. Apparently they had people who had not turned up and so they had spare vaccine.. I was also asked my wife's age but she was not in the correct age group.
So i had my first jab this afternoon and I have an appointment to go for my second jab in a few weeks time
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Excellent news Trev - and a sensible use of resources!
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Yup good news , could I just ask again please who is next after this group does anyone know ?
brianh

Post by brianh »

I cannot believe that somebody supposedly as intelligent as HIC can manage to incorporate Brexit into a serious discussion regarding Vaccine Appointments. Please get a life.