The world has well and truly gone nuts...

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: The world has well and truly gone nuts...

Post by Dominic »

If you use words like "tranny, queer and poof" in this day and age you should be treated with the contempt you deserve. It just makes you sound like a bigoted old fool.

That doesn't mean I disagree with Lloyd. On the contrary, I find the situation ludicrous. It also has the potential to destroy female sport, and in a lot of cases is highly homophobic. Iran, that bastion of liberty and freedom, has the second highest rate of sex changes in the world. Does anybody honestly think this is because they are liberal? No, it is because they hate homosexuality so much they would rather people change sex than be in a same-sex relationship.

Another minefield is puberty blockers. Just as with most drugs, there are valid reasons for using them (prevent early onset of puberty etc) but when they are dished out to trans kids without any idea of the long term consequences, you are going down a rather dark and dodgy alley.

It is a tough subject to debate though. A lot of people on both sides of the argument are more interested in hurling abuse at the opposite side than coming to any sort of solution.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

I have no idea what a Tranny is. However, |I still call a "nine bob note" a nine bob note. Each to their own.
All things are possible
BOB Peyia

Post by BOB Peyia »

Lincoln wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:02 am I have no idea what a Tranny is.
A Wireless
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

A Transit Van.
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I feel the same as mouse does. Just let them get on with it, but I don't like extra publicity given to these people. They are people just as heterosexual people are. Live and let live, I say. Why is it necessary to publicise breast feeding practices. Probably one thing that males can't do naturally.
Dee
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Yes the world has gone nuts.

During my school years we had boys and girls, end of. Now we have boys, girls, and children who can't decide if they are one or the other, or both. I was truly horrified and angry to discover that my one of my teenage granddaughters was forced to use bi-sexual toilets at school, the girls and boys toilets were locked.

That's political correctness for you.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Kili01 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:56 pm I feel the same as mouse does. Just let them get on with it, but I don't like extra publicity given to these people. They are people just as heterosexual people are. Live and let live, I say. Why is it necessary to publicise breast feeding practices. Probably one thing that males can't do naturally.
Dee
I think you may have missed the point.A trans male is a woman who identifies as a man. That is who the midwives will be dealing with, as opposed to a man identifying as a woman (trans woman) and trying to go through a phantom pregnancy or whatever.

I read somewhere that there are actually more trans men (women identifying as men) than trans women (men as women) in the UK. If 1% of the population is trans, this amounts to over 300,000 people.

To me the real question is, why are there now so many trans people, compared to, say 50 or even 30 years ago? I can understand why 300,000 odd people might want to be addressed "appropriately". I have a harder time understanding why so many people are now identifying as trans.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Firefly wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:07 pm Yes the world has gone nuts.

During my school years we had boys and girls, end of. Now we have boys, girls, and children who can't decide if they are one or the other, or both. I was truly horrified and angry to discover that my one of my teenage granddaughters was forced to use bi-sexual toilets at school, the girls and boys toilets were locked.

That's political correctness for you.

Jackie
Sorry Firefly but we will all have to get used to this political correctness it aint going away.There will be things going on say in a few years that at this present time we would think unimaginable.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Chaddy

Hopefully the wheel will eventually turn full circle.

One of the same granddaughter's teachers was a man.......until it came to the summer holidays. The next term Mr. Jones, (not his actual name) returned as Miss Jones, clothes, high heels, make up, hair, the lot ! No wonder the kids are confused. :shock:
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Firefly wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:52 pm Chaddy

Hopefully the wheel will eventually turn full circle.

One of the same granddaughter's teachers was a man.......until it came to the summer holidays. The next term Mr. Jones, (not his actual name) returned as Miss Jones, clothes, high heels, make up, hair, the lot ! No wonder the kids are confused. :shock:
Example,i can think back over seventy years when i was a boy that if they had told me things that would be going on now i would have thought an absolute impossibility :shocky
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Chaddy

I agree with you, but it doesn't make it right to influence children into thinking that they're something that their not, because it's the latest trendy thing to be. When I was a girl at school we had a lot more to think about than to question our sexuality.

I know for sure that if my fellow pupils and I had been forced to use unisex toilets at sixteen, there would have been a lot of angry dads at the school gates.
J B

Post by J B »

Lincoln wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:02 am I have no idea what a Tranny is. However, |I still call a "nine bob note" a nine bob note. Each to their own.

:)
J B
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Like JB , I have no idea about what a tranny is. Partly because I'm just not interested. People must have too much time on their hands to be worrying about their gender. There are more important and interesting things to do to occupy my time.
I have also heard the term ' nine bob note'. Used to describe such a person,

Dee
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Lincoln and Kili01

The term I remember from the late 60’s and early 70’s before all of the political correctness took over and often used by my dad was the phrase ---
“ He is as bent as a nine bob note “
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

These days, when people talk about "trans" they are not referring to people who are cross-dressers, but people who identify with the opposite gender. Possibly. The definition seems to change quite frequently.

If people are happy using terms like "queer" and "nine bob note", they should also be happy to be described as "gammons", "coffin dodgers" or whatever offensive term takes anybody's fancy.

Alternatively, we could all just opt for a bit of politeness and common courtesy, at least when communicating on a public forum.

I don't think it is a case of anybody having too much time on their hands though. There are numerous things which are more common now than they used to be. Look at allergies and autism. Also if you did a Venn diagram of autistic and trans people, and compared it to a Venn diagram of non-autistic and trans people, you would see a much bigger overlap in the former. So while it is easy to scoff at such things, it is worth remembering that there are still an awful lot of unanswered questions out there with regards to the whole issue.

Incidently, Frank n 'Furter did not think he was a woman. He wasn't. He was an alien from the planet Transsexual in the galaxy of Transylvania.

It's just a jump to the left...
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

With regards to political correctness, it isn't all bad, not compared to shit like this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smethwick ... l_election
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I’d urge people on here to watch “Kinky Boots” the film made in England, based on a true story of a shoe factory that ends up making boots for trans and other men. The music is fantastic, as is the acting and story. It also shows the traumas faced by the trans character. It will go some way to letting people understand that you don’t ‘have too much time ion your hands” to turn your thoughts to gender. There is something inside that leaves you unsettled with who you are. It’s not mental illness, but trauma.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Regarding language, this is rather amusing...