MEU 3

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Re: MEU 3

Post by trevnhil »

I think they must have Jim. I am not sure why Cyprus will not renew or replace the plastic ID card for UK citizens that have had them already
Trev..
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

According to the Civil registry and Migration Department, Instructions and Information for the MUKW3 the document will be issued upon approval of the application, and it will be in the form defined by the law (card.
Oakland

Re: MEU 3 New Forms

Post by Oakland »

Hi Guys

We received our appointment to get our MEU3 in November last year , the date given was today . Armed with all the necessary documents and Originals and Copies , we waited almost three hours to get in , wait for it .
We are told the forums given by them and completed are not valid , they promptly rejected us and told us to complete a new form and also you must provide ( if married ) , your wedding certificate.
Luckily the lady was very helpful and somewhat apologetic to our plight , and she slotted us in for this Wednesday .

Just to let anyone else save a wasted trip , you need to get the new form , not sure if the new form is available online

Les
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

This is yet another reason why people hate going to the Immigration department ..
Trev..
daveg

Post by daveg »

But you do meet some very interesting people 🤔 and of course your blood pressure goes through the roof when you see the agents waltz on in ahead of you.....
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I've just been reading the regulations for what we were told would be an easy low cost conversion of our MEU3 to the new MUK 3 permanent residence pass. Well.... has any one else tried to follow the instructions for so doing? Well you have to go on the Govt EAS.CMRD.MOI.GOV.CY. Website.And wade through that. I was just about to congratulate myself for getting so far. Then the next instruction floored me. You have to go to the WINRAR
website of which there are umpteen variations, nearly all for Microsoft computers. There is one for MAC computers, but their operating system is different to that used by an iPad...
so I may end up having to ring Gwennie again. Application for the new MEU form seems to be online. But you still need to attend Immigration office as they also need your biometric details and photograph... Did the BHC tell us that the exchange of documents would be simple? Maybe elsewhere, but such things involving this particular Govt dept are seldom straightforward!

Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

And that is the reason why so many people just cannot be bothered if it is not a legal requirement..
Trev..
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

trevnhil wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:00 pm This is yet another reason why people hate going to the Immigration department ..
Or waltz in with an immigration lawyer.

Ian
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

If anyone has an appointment and would like the new form beforehand, drop me a PM and I will email it to you along with the instructions and documents required.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way