Relaxation of new measures announced

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Relaxation of new measures announced

Post by Dominic »

Summary: hairdressers and beauty salons back from Monday. More staff allowed at work. More widespread relaxations from 8th February

Read the article and chat about it below...
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Uncle D

Re: Relaxation of new measures announced

Post by Uncle D »

I wonder why hairdressing and beauty salons are allowed to open on Monday as they are close contact, but retail shops are not, seems odd.
David
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Uncle D wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:44 pm I wonder why hairdressing and beauty salons are allowed to open on Monday as they are close contact, but retail shops are not, seems odd.
Yes, correct. I also wonder why Cyprus decides relaxation of the measures, while large central European countries like Germany are increasing lockdown measures and even think to close their airports completely, like Israel did recently, with fears of the new mutations of the virus. Even the normal face masks are not good enough in public and have to be special ones, also used in hospitals.

Max
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

So from 8 th Feb you will be allowed to place a bet in one of the many shops but not be allowed to sit down, church services up to the number of 50 who will respect health regulations !!! Yet sports and golf clubs to remain closed.
WHL

Post by WHL »

bmwx5 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:50 am So from 8 th Feb you will be allowed to place a bet in one of the many shops but not be allowed to sit down, church services up to the number of 50 who will respect health regulations !!! Yet sports and golf clubs to remain closed.
Betting shops, not being allowed to sit down, is a sensible idea, walk in place your bet and then walk out, rather then having the place full, with mamy people sitting in there for ages
kansas

Post by kansas »

I bet the ministers wives and girlfriends have been nagging them to death about opening hairdressers and beauty salons!!!
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Probably slower relaxation in order to get as many tested before returning to work:

''Cyprus will double its daily antigen rapid tests as of Thursday, to check a significant number of the workforce that will return after the end of the second lockdown period on January 31.

It added that from Thursday to Sunday it is increasing the testing locations to 51, will extend the operating hours in most cases from 8am to 6.30pm, compared to 8.30am to 4pm at present, and will double the testing personnel in order to raise the daily capacity to 20,000 tests.

By decree, those returning to work, including public school teachers, must have a negative test result to be allowed back.

Staff will need to test regularly and on a weekly basis as follows:

Where up to 3 people work in the same department, all have to be tested;
Where 4 to 10 people work in the same department, at least 4 need to be tested;
Where more than 10 people work in the same department, at least 4 need to be tested or at least 20% of the workforce''.

https://www.financialmirror.com/2021/01 ... 000-daily/
memory man

Post by memory man »

Don't think this has been posted.
It must be noted that curfew from 21:00 until 05:00 is still on, as well as the SMS for outings, with the addition of No.9 for barber shops, beauty salons and beauty parlors.
https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/health- ... -measures/
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

They may not be allowed to sit down in the betting shops but there seems to be no regulation on the number of punters or amount of time a punter can stay in the premises watching the multiple screens showing the various events they have betted on.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

So much for regulations only allowing cafes and bars to do take away (non alcoholic).
Yesterday enroute to my dentist, I noticed a small coffee bar with 2 people+ the owner chatting over the bar. I mentioned it to the dentist. I was told 'that he's allowed to do take aways'. When I left some 40mins later, the situation in the coffee bar was same as before, except there were now 4 people present, deep in conversation,
No one was wearing a mask and social distancing... you may guess was not existant..
So much for lockdown restrictions.
Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

bmwx5 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:22 am They may not be allowed to sit down in the betting shops but there seems to be no regulation on the number of punters or amount of time a punter can stay in the premises watching the multiple screens showing the various events they have betted on.
Not in my OPAP betting shop, only one person at a time, you wait by the door, as the punter comes out , you go in place your bet and leave, he has been operating like this for months, he has one large screen outside the shop for anyone playing live games such as kino.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I received this from a friend in Canada relating to the wearing of masks, may be of interest to some. Keep your guard up.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5890893

Jim
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

The three layer masks with a CARBON filter in are usually available at most decent pharmacy shops. They are also washable. Ours cost €19.00 but well worth it.
All things are possible
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

I can’t help thinking that Paphos is being treated a little unfairly in all this? It was the first district to be heavily restricted and locked down because of the supposed high cases so now that the cases are a fraction of the national average then why can’t Paphos be the first to be unlocked ?
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

There were no regional regulations before but they did it!
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, Aquila raises a good point. Yesterday only 1 case of the virus was found from the rapid antigen testing in Paphos The main problem seems to be in Limassol. Day after day they have among the highest no of cases. But yesterday, both the Nicosia and Larnaca figures had dropped considerably, but Limassol from memory had 35.
Maybe Limassol should have its own lockdown, if that could be policed, without having to include Paphos as well.
WHL, this information is available on 'In Cyprus' home page.

Dee