Up to 60% subsidy for energy efficient work on homes...CM

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Up to 60% subsidy for energy efficient work on homes...CM

Post by cyprusmax47 »

It looks like Cyprus wakes up to push people, with large incentives of up to 60%, to renovate and make their homes more energy-saving. As Cyprus is far behind when it comes to proper insulated houses, equipped also with the newest technology of heat pumps instead of diesel/gas central heating, hot water heating and photovoltaic systems to produce their own electricity, also for future e-cars etc etc. Article CM from today:

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/01/26/sche ... -on-homes/

Max
Jim B

Re: Up to 60% subsidy for energy efficient work on homes...CM

Post by Jim B »

Max
I put in claims for both solar pump and photovoltic system and I'm still waiting for the subsidy and you know how many years I've had the pump fitted. They make these announcements but never appear to pay out.

Jim
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Jim B wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:10 am Max
I put in claims for both solar pump and photovoltic system and I'm still waiting for the subsidy and you know how many years I've had the pump fitted. They make these announcements but never appear to pay out.

Jim
Jim
I know very well that Green Air installed 10 years ago your solar pool pump, which I believe is still running, without using any electricity all that time.
However, the story with the subsidy from the Gov. at that time was really a mess and Cyprus had a lot of economical problems until the EU came to help at a later stage. I lost a lot of potent customers who even bought farm land in order to install photovoltaic plants and the Gov./EAC messed it up and led the applications expire to avoid the costs of paying back the electricity that would have been produced...

I am quite sure that this time is a different story as the monies come a big way from the EU and THEY will follow up what happens with it...

Max
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Yes Max, it's still running and saved me a fortune as have the photovoltic panels.
If there's an opportunity for a subsidy on an air pump I'll look into getting one installed as fuel oil for my heating is my only big outlay these days and we have alot of spare capacity on the photovoltic system as we don't use much electricity during the winter.

Jim
daveg

Post by daveg »

I had a heatpump underfloor heating system put in10 years ago, we applied for and received a grant for it within 18 months....
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

daveg wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:20 pm I had a heatpump underfloor heating system put in10 years ago, we applied for and received a grant for it within 18 months....
Heat pump subsidies was a complete different story 10 years ago. You still used electricity. However with photovoltaic systems EAC regarded that as competition and tried as hard as they could to avoid small and larger installations of electricity producing panels to be installed....

Max
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Davey

Do you think the heat pump was worth the expense?

Jim
daveg

Post by daveg »

After 10 yrs the heatpump has run almost trouble free, no servicing required...no gas/ oil tanks...
Very efficient, the Villa remains around a constant 23degs, it senses and reacts to the outside temp. Just turn it on and forget it.....
So yes an expensive initial outlay that has proved to be a good choice.....
I now have PV panels that have given a return on investment of around 13%..
Also sperate panels for the pool pump... again works very well....
jeba

Post by jeba »

daveg wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:20 pm I had a heatpump underfloor heating system put in
Was that installed in an existing home or a newbuilt?
jeba

Post by jeba »

Isn´t every aircon a heat pump so that when you´re using your aircons for heating you are already using a heat pump?
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

jeba wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:42 am Isn´t every aircon a heat pump so that when you´re using your aircons for heating you are already using a heat pump?
Yes, air conditioner work with the same method and use the outdoor air. Newer models with inverter technology however have a much better efficiency.

Heat pump systems using underground water are much more expensive and time consuming than air to water systems.

For central heating (radiators, underfloor) this air to water heat pump system is the best option and quick and easy to realise.

Max
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Termites Dream wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:46 am Max...In these current conditions, how long is it taking subsidies to be paid from application?
I believe that in these current conditions, where most of the money comes from the EU, will reduce the time it takes from applications to payment.... and the EU will follow up where their money is gone to.....

Max