Vaccination

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mrblobby

Vaccination

Post by Mrblobby »

Is there a site you can go to to check which age group they are doing ?

Looking on Cyprus Mail is a bit hit and miss .
trevnhil

Re: Vaccination

Post by trevnhil »

I was in the General this morning and walked past the Inoculation area / room .. So, I asked what I had to do to receive a Jab.. I really hoped they would say, sit down there ;-) But no, I was told I had to register with my GP.. I was also going past my GP's surgery today so I called in there to ask what I had to do. " They are still doing over 90's and over 80's I was told. But she got a large book out and enter my details in it so they can contact me WHEN the time comes..
Trev..
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Just over 1000 jabs arrived today so won’t be long just a few years to go !!!
Today’s headline is E.U. Locks horns with AstraZeneca over delivery issues even though they are yet to authorise it . Maybe the President of the E.U. Knows something we don’t . Decision due on Friday so let’s hold our breath and hope she’s right otherwise we are up the creek without a paddle .
Polly

Post by Polly »

Mrblobby

Probably the Press and Information office. I looked there this morning and there is a notice that from today over 88s can book an appointment.

https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

iYou can get all the latest local news on 'In Cyprus', an English Translation of Philepteros Greek newspaper.

Dee
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Siga Siga

''Health Minister Constantinos Ioannou said Wednesday that the Republic is aiming toward reaching the 100,000 mark in number of people vaccinated by the end of March''.

https://knews.kathimerini.com.cy/en/new ... -march-end
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Oh really! Currently they're looking for people over 90 and people who are 88 or 9.
Another reason is probably shortage of vaccine. UK seems to be the only country which has plenty of vaccine...

Dee🤷‍♀️
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Kili01 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:14 pm Oh really! Currently they're looking for people over 90 and people who are 88 or 9.
Another reason is probably shortage of vaccine. UK seems to be the only country which has plenty of vaccine...

Dee🤷‍♀️
Have we?
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Just announced:

Government Announcement
Vaccination Portal opens on January 29 for people over the age of 86 - New appointment on February 1
Continuing the implementation of the National Vaccination Plan for COVID-19, the Ministry of Health announces that from Friday, January 29, 2021, at 9 am, the Vaccination Portal will be available for making an appointment for people over the age of 86, who have not been vaccinated in the past or have not already made an appointment.
The appointment process continues today for people over the age of 88. Yesterday, 850 vaccination appointments were arranged for people over the age of 88.
Individuals in the age group prioritizing vaccination are encouraged to make an appointment on the first day and time available, so that there is a continuous flow to the Vaccination Centers.
It is clarified that, depending on the rate of exhaustion of appointments for people over 86 years old, citizens will be informed through an announcement about the availability of appointments in the next age sub-groups. Citizens are invited to follow the announcements of the Ministry of Health, in order to know the differences in the age group and to make an appointment.
At the same time, on Monday, February 1, and regardless of whether the available appointments will be exhausted, an additional number of appointments will be added to the Vaccination Portal. Relevant announcements about the number of vaccines and the age group that will be concerned, will be made in the coming days.
(MKY)
AAP
https://www.pio.gov.cy/ανακοινωθέντα-άρ ... 18125#flat
daveg

Post by daveg »

I'm 63....hope I live long enough to get the jab!
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Looks like Germany is the place to go Dave. Just announced. It gets more confusing :?

Coronavirus: Germany set to limit AstraZeneca jab to under-65s
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Pathetically slow rollout program here in Cyprus.
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

bromerzz wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:35 pm Pathetically slow rollout program here in Cyprus.
What do you suggest? it is so easy to say it is pathetically slow, but they use all the vaccines they receive. Can you do it better, if so why not come with a workable solution.
Louise :)
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

My opinion is that the rollout in Cyprus is pathetically slow - as simple as that.
living the dream

Post by living the dream »

On such rare occasions I once again agree with HIC. It has been less than a year so far and I can only look on in amazement at the the dedication of scientists who have worked so diligently to get the breakthrough they needed in order to produce a vaccine, not forgetting the global testing programmes that followed thereafter which allowed for the vaccines to be tested by not just a few thousand which is the norm over a protracted period of time but by tens of thousands of volunteers globally who's assistance has enabled the vaccines results to be scrutinised in depth and passed by various medical agencies for vaccination rollout programmes.

Its not the Cyprus Governments fault of the roll out in Cyprus - EU is to blame for being reliant on Pfizer and the French led effort which unfortunately ended in failure so the EU are now reliant on getting the Moderna and AZ vaccine as a replacement for the French vaccine. What is ironic is the French vaccine was a complete failure as stated and it is a French owned company that is causing the delays with the production of the cultures needed for the AZ vaccine.
Last edited by living the dream on Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

bromerzz, it is very slow, so patience is what's needed.
Maybe the bulk order submitted by the EU later than the orders from say Israel as well as the UK was a case of those countries placing their orders for vaccine much earlier than the EU did.
As long as people here try to observe the rules laid down by the Cy Govt, hopefully we'll all survive to wait our turn to get the vaccine.
Dee
memory man

Post by memory man »

trevnhil wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:10 pm But she got a large book out and enter my details in it so they can contact me WHEN the time comes..

Same with me this morning. :)