Open Message to all forum members

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Lincoln

Re: Open Message to all forum members

Post by Lincoln »

Geoff, cheerio mate. We have often turned against each other on the forums. So if you are going then good luck. I suspect you will be back though. If so we shall continue to have heated debates as usual. It would appear that you are popular so just maybe you will return.
All things are possible
markwoods39

Post by markwoods39 »

WTF ? Why you took so much sh?t and still gave it back :mrgreen: Are you showing your weak side and giving up ? if you are you are not the person who i thought u was ? I don't post often but i do read your posts on both forums even though i refuse to re join the other forum now as its not as nice as it once was . Geoff stop being an ass and keep this account going on this site :mrgreen:
Royal

Post by Royal »

Geoff, I must admit that I'm a closet fan too. I don't always agree with your views, but hey! I would defend 100% your right to air them - and I'm not just saying that either - I have previously defended you (on the other Forum) because I thought that you were being unfairly villified (almost even 'bullied'). Most surprising to me, were the individuals who constantly referenced your previous ban from 2 other Forums which I have always thought was despicable - especially as your inherent honesty prevented you from changing your user name. One of those bans, I have no knowledge of - the other is something that many people can relate to (including me). Sometimes, it seems, individuals (especially those with a little bit of 'power') do not want to hear opposing opinions, which defeats the whole object of being on a Forum or taking part in a debate. It therefore comes as no surprise that you have been worn down by these people to the point where your lack of enjoyment has brought you to the point of defeat.

Suffice to say that I have come to realise that there are some people in life who just enjoy being nasty and vindictive towards other people for no other reason than they have little else in life to enjoy. The anonymity of the internet also seems to lend strength to those who have little to offer by way of intellectual argument. Sad, but true I'm afraid - and unfortunately many of them are retired Expats who have nothing better to do with their time than to find fault with others. It is ironic that you have used the Victor Meldrew avatar when it is more appropriate to these sad and lonely individuals. The vitriolic attack by a new poster (now in the Pit although, in my opinion, he/she warranted a complete ban from the site) is testament to this sad fact.

Anyway, enough love! In the words of KC and the Sunshine Band - "Please don't go..."
Discopants

Post by Discopants »

I think it's hilarious. Why not just stop posting ?
I have no opinion of this Geoffrey character, but Haway, just go, if you are actually going.
Ancient History

Post by Ancient History »

Don't go Geoff, it would be a shame. Ignore those who criticise, we value your input. Please reconsider.
jeba

Post by jeba »

Gexit?
Miloman

Post by Miloman »

Geoff, You may be surprised at how many 'silent' members agree with many of your views. I hope after reading these posts you will change your mind.
Don't let the nasties win mate!
Mike
Previously MofArodes on CL
mazza

Post by mazza »

Please don't leave the forum Geoffrey. I will miss your posts.

Mary
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

Geoff has on many forums has been good at provoking controversy - this is his best yet!!!!!!!!!!!
El tel

Post by El tel »

I apologise in advance for being cynical but I feel this is yet another attention seeking posting from Geoff and everyone has fallen for it hook line and sinker . ;)
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Live and let live. Sometimes the nasty posts can become too much for anyone, but come on Geoff, keep posting.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
josef k

Post by josef k »

Well Geoff, how does it feel to suddenly be the best thing since sliced bread? You do make me smile at times.

Now look, you are known for making controversial posts and starting controversial threads. You have managed to do it in a way that has not caused offence to most of us, which is quite an achievement. At times I have thought you an irritating old sod, other times I have considered you daft as a brush, and as a UKIP member you have obviously had moments of madness. However, as I said some while ago in another place, if we didn't have you we would have to invent you.
I know you will be back, basking in your newly found adulation. Just stop faffing about and make it quick.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

josef k wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:34 pm Well Geoff, how does it feel to suddenly be the best thing since sliced bread? You do make me smile at times.

Now look, you are known for making controversial posts and starting controversial threads. You have managed to do it in a way that has not caused offence to most of us, which is quite an achievement. At times I have thought you an irritating old sod, other times I have considered you daft as a brush, and as a UKIP member you have obviously had moments of madness. However, as I said some while ago in another place, if we didn't have you we would have to invent you.
I know you will be back, basking in your newly found adulation. Just stop faffing about and make it quick.
Excellent post, well said! :mrgreen:
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Austin7

I think maybe that's just the sort of remark that fuel to the fire.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Hope you're right ;) ;)
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Thinking about this over Easter, since Geoff announced his stunning 'retirement' post, I'm starting to wonder if he was just running a personal 'Popularity Contest' type of thread, in order to determine:

1. What % of members detest me?
2. What % of members love me?
3. What % of members don't give a damn?

Maybe Geoff should just have PM'd Dominic and asked him to run a Poll?

Cheers- AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

For what's it's worth, I think Geoff was & still is well aware of the responses he solicited from his posts! He knows quite clearly that if you toss one in then you have to accept what comes back & he certainly knew how to toss one in! To claim that he can no longer stomach the return banter is quite honestly hypocritical ........ like the pot calling the kettle black!

However, on a plus point I would say that I always found Geoff's posts clear ie, they were black or white, no in between stages which was refreshing ......... basically he did what it said on his tin!

Shane
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

He must be sitting on his hands at the moment.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
surreyboy

Post by surreyboy »

Just mention UKIP and he'll be back!