Access to Troodos controlled by Police

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Access to Troodos controlled by Police

Post by Paphos Life »

The Police announced that on the basis of the Health Ministry decrees aiming to contain the outbreak of the pandemic, tomorrow Sunday, access to Troodos square will be controlled.In order to prevent crowding in the region, there will be checks by the Police while access to the Troodos Square will only be allowed to a small number of vehicles every time.(philenews)...

Read the article and chat about it below...
WHL

Re: Access to Troodos controlled by Police

Post by WHL »

Horse bolted and all that jazz
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Because of the Stable door left open.. :-(
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Too little too late.
All things are possible
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Traditionally Sunday has been the busiest day, so better late than never.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

So, I wonder if there is less crowding today than yesterday afternoon at the lift. I have doubts police is controlling there... :roll:
That's what I call social distancing.. :lol:

Max
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

We were out walking on the coastal path yesterday. Couldn't help noticing that people were walking in groups without masks and no thought about social distancing...
It seems as if despite all Govt attempts to make people aware of the need to do both the message just isn't getting through to where it should. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻

Dee
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Kili01 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:05 am We were out walking on the coastal path yesterday. Couldn't help noticing that people were walking in groups without masks and no thought about social distancing...
It seems as if despite all Govt attempts to make people aware of the need to do both the message just isn't getting through to where it should. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻

Dee
On a Facebook group there is a man insisting that masks aren't necessary when out walking, despite me showing him the Government message. I ended up blocking him due to his constant stupid and inflammatory remarks. Life's too short to deal with idiots all the time!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I was out on the coastal path yesterday too, taking a few pictures on my way back from the Green Point. There weren't any crowds so the mask situation was irrelevent.

I wore a mask. It's difficult taking pictures when your glasses steam up, but there you go.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Les Bean wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:40 pm
Could it not be that the reason for a low death toll is BECAUSE of the restrictions, not in spite of them?
Taking it one step further, if people had complied with the restrictions then we wouldn't be in this situation.
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

200 plus congregating at Troodos square, many without masks , locals still sitting outside small kiosks having a drink and playing board games in groups of 4 or more.again no masks ! Numenrous vehicles mostly pickups with passengers who it is obvious are not from the same household again not wearing masks or just having them on placed under the chin mouth and nose free of any screening the mask would provide. And you wonder why the lockdown is in place and why it's possible it could be extended further !!
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Jimgym wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:30 am
Kili01 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:05 am We were out walking on the coastal path yesterday. Couldn't help noticing that people were walking in groups without masks and no thought about social distancing...

Dee
On a Facebook group there is a man insisting that masks aren't necessary when out walking, despite me showing him the Government message. I ended up blocking him due to his constant stupid and inflammatory remarks. Life's too short to deal with idiots all the time!
Jim,

The strong differences of opinion regarding the wearing of masks outdoors may well stem from this article which came out in the Cyprus Mail a couple of days after the decree on 22/10 which included the reference to wearing masks outdoors. The key bit is the comment from the health ministry spokesperson, Margarita Kyriacou, about half way down the article.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/10/24/coro ... ask-edict/

Ian
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

“If a couple from the same household are walking in a park and there is no one nearby for 3-4 metres then they don’t have to wear a mask,” Margarita Kyriacou, health ministry spokeswoman, told the Cyprus Mail. “But if they are taking a walk in Ledra Street in Nicosia they do have to wear a mask because there are lots of people there,” she said. Kyriacou reassured that police had been instructed to be flexible where possible.