Replacement phone screen

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Replacement phone screen

Post by trevnhil »

Hi all. I posted a week or two ago about the camera on my Samsung Galaxy A40 not focussing properly..
I have now found that the screen on my phone is cracked and the crack seems to run through the lens of the camera..
So the question is, where is the best place to take my phone for a replacement screen..
Two more questions.. How much is it likely to cost.. And can it be done the same day ..

If there are firms you would not use please PM me
Trev..
71 Trans Am

Re: Replacement phone screen

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Hi Trev

If it is just the rear camera lens screen that is cracked this is something you can do yourself very easily - Find someone in paphos who stocks the glass or get it cheaply off Ebay --- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Back-Battery ... %3A2334524

If it is the front LCD panel that is damaged behind the glass these are not cheap and time to way up the value of the phone
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thanks for the video, but I am not a good 'small items' DIY person.. I will tke on board your thoughts about the cost verses a new phone though ..
Trev..
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

Gadget House down the old Butcher Boy road Suicide Alley do such replacement screens I and my friends have had screens and batteries replaced depending on the quality of glass , tempered , filtered etc reflects the cost. In most cases same day service usually within an hour !
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

I cave in coral bay
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thank you for the added replies.. I have also heard of Neo's Tech World, so quite a few to look at next week
Trev..
darrow

Post by darrow »

[i gadjet house every time! Very helpful, don't rip you off and they sell phone covers very inexpensively! I have an A71, a total cover costs €7. Cheapest in Cyta was over € 15 for just a back cover. They have everything you can think of. Phone them first, they might not be open at the moment with restrictions They have a website.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thanks Darrow.. I have seen Gadget House on my travels..
Trev..
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

Gadget House are open for business 9am till 7 pm Monday to Saturday